Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

digital504

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 6, 2007
Can someone please tell me what is the best program to use to covert a DVD to an Ipod touch. There are tons of programs when I do a search but have no idea what really works or what is a good choice. What do you all use ? What works good ?

Thanks !

:confused:

gloss

macrumors 601
May 9, 2006
around/about
I picked up VisualHub yesterday and it's pretty fantastic.

Use Handbrake to rip the DVDs, and VisualHub to format them all nice and pretty for your iPod.

milo

macrumors 604
Sep 23, 2003
Just get handbrake, it rips straight to iPhone format.

I assume they'll have an update soon after the touch ships to address the new formats supported.

gloss

macrumors 601
May 9, 2006
around/about
Just get handbrake, it rips straight to iPhone format.

I assume they'll have an update soon after the touch ships to address the new formats supported.

Yeah, I got VisualHub mostly so I could batch re-encode all the stuff I already have on here, as well as format it for my PS3 (which is a picky bugger) and burn it to video DVD, if necessary. Very useful.

But if Handbrake does the job, go for it.

crystally

macrumors newbie
Aug 30, 2009
here i am

You mean the best program to use to convet a DVD to an iPod touch,maybe it' hard to say which is the best.But lately I find one program about it.If you steel want to use it,I will give it to you the next time.I hope it not too late.Thank you so much!

RabbidAssassin

macrumors member
Nov 8, 2009
Sac, CA
I do have a question about handbreak... I used it to get some of my favorite movies to my iTouch, but the video is all choppy with green blocks all over it. I'm not sure what i'm going wrong...
Any suggestions? :confused:

nick1516

macrumors 6502a
Sep 21, 2008
I use handbrake and it works great when switched to ipod format, the only thing was that it wouldn't work on my windows computer, but it worked great when I got my mac.

TraceyS/FL

macrumors 601
Jan 11, 2007
North Central Florida
Gee, thread bump!

I do have a question about handbreak... I used it to get some of my favorite movies to my iTouch, but the video is all choppy with green blocks all over it. I'm not sure what i'm going wrong...
Any suggestions? :confused:

Hmmm, do you have the VLC libraries installed? That is strange, i haven't seen that, nor heard about it from my parents. They just switched to using it from some PC stuff to do their library. For the 2nd time i think....

The Home Theater forum might have some answers for you!

Shinobe

macrumors newbie
Jul 19, 2004
Toronto
Hands down, on PC side, the best converter (dvd to whatever you want) I've used is DVDFab. By in large, it is much simpler then other converters I've used in the past.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.