PDA

View Full Version : Best Software For DVD to Ipod Touch ???

digital504
Sep 6, 2007, 03:18 PM
Can someone please tell me what is the best program to use to covert a DVD to an Ipod touch. There are tons of programs when I do a search but have no idea what really works or what is a good choice. What do you all use ? What works good ?

Thanks !

:confused:

gloss
Sep 6, 2007, 03:22 PM
I picked up VisualHub yesterday and it's pretty fantastic.

Use Handbrake to rip the DVDs, and VisualHub to format them all nice and pretty for your iPod.

milo
Sep 6, 2007, 03:28 PM
Just get handbrake, it rips straight to iPhone format.

I assume they'll have an update soon after the touch ships to address the new formats supported.

gloss
Sep 6, 2007, 03:49 PM
Just get handbrake, it rips straight to iPhone format.

I assume they'll have an update soon after the touch ships to address the new formats supported.

Yeah, I got VisualHub mostly so I could batch re-encode all the stuff I already have on here, as well as format it for my PS3 (which is a picky bugger) and burn it to video DVD, if necessary. Very useful.

But if Handbrake does the job, go for it.

crystally
Aug 30, 2009, 09:43 PM
Just wait a minute

crystally
Aug 30, 2009, 09:46 PM
You mean the best program to use to convet a DVD to an iPod touch,maybe it' hard to say which is the best.But lately I find one program about it.If you steel want to use it,I will give it to you the next time.I hope it not too late.Thank you so much!

RabbidAssassin
Dec 7, 2009, 01:24 PM
I do have a question about handbreak... I used it to get some of my favorite movies to my iTouch, but the video is all choppy with green blocks all over it. I'm not sure what i'm going wrong...
Any suggestions? :confused:

nick1516
Dec 7, 2009, 05:01 PM
I use handbrake and it works great when switched to ipod format, the only thing was that it wouldn't work on my windows computer, but it worked great when I got my mac.

TraceyS/FL
Dec 7, 2009, 05:45 PM
Gee, thread bump!

I do have a question about handbreak... I used it to get some of my favorite movies to my iTouch, but the video is all choppy with green blocks all over it. I'm not sure what i'm going wrong...
Any suggestions? :confused:

Hmmm, do you have the VLC libraries installed? That is strange, i haven't seen that, nor heard about it from my parents. They just switched to using it from some PC stuff to do their library. For the 2nd time i think....

The Home Theater forum might have some answers for you!

Shinobe
Dec 7, 2009, 06:56 PM
Hands down, on PC side, the best converter (dvd to whatever you want) I've used is DVDFab. By in large, it is much simpler then other converters I've used in the past.

wywern209
Dec 7, 2009, 07:44 PM
i use dvd decrypter to decrypt the dvd file than i use handbrake to convert the raw dvd files.

Mia Yuan
Dec 13, 2009, 09:44 PM
I am running an iMac OS X 10.6, and I downloaded several dvd rippper for Mac and some of them crashes badly. But I did made it ,ripping DVD to mp4 for iPod touch. (http://www.squidoo.com/macmp4converter)