PDA

View Full Version : Calendar on touch - read only

i0Nic
Sep 6, 2007, 03:23 PM
Eugh, looks like they've nerfed the iPod touch calendar by making it read only, you can't edit appointments on it.

This needs to be hacked..

psychofreak
Sep 6, 2007, 03:24 PM
Pity...I'm waiting to get the iPod Touch once it goes 32GB, and hopefully by then there will be tons of cool apps and hacks.

w0ngbr4d
Sep 6, 2007, 03:40 PM
http://www.apple.com/ipodtouch/features.html?feature=multitouch

"And iPod touch features a touchscreen QWERTY keyboard perfect for browsing the web in Safari, searching for videos on YouTube, finding music on the iTunes Wi-Fi Music Store, entering calendar events, or adding new contacts."

bousozoku
Sep 6, 2007, 04:33 PM
It's still an iPod, not a PDA.

milo
Sep 6, 2007, 04:43 PM
Eugh, looks like they've nerfed the iPod touch calendar by making it read only, you can't edit appointments on it.

What makes you think that?

cavemonkey50
Sep 6, 2007, 05:16 PM
I don't know where this rumor started, but I'm almost positive you can edit calendar entries. Look at this picture of the edit button for contacts:

http://www.ilounge.com/assets/images/reviews_apple/ipodtouchfl/21.jpg

Now here is a picture of the calendar:

http://www.ilounge.com/assets/images/reviews_apple/ipodtouchfl/22.jpg

Now to be fair, I don't see an edit button on the calendar, but I also don't see where one would be logically placed on that screenshot. Maybe an iPhone user can chime in and mention where the edit button is placed on the iPhone.

Regardless, if they let you edit contacts, they most certainly will let you edit/add calendar events.

EricNau
Sep 6, 2007, 05:19 PM
http://www.apple.com/ipodtouch/features.html?feature=multitouch

"And iPod touch features a touchscreen QWERTY keyboard perfect for browsing the web in Safari, searching for videos on YouTube, finding music on the iTunes Wi-Fi Music Store, entering calendar events, or adding new contacts."
Well that settles that. :)

i0Nic
Sep 6, 2007, 11:56 PM
Well I hope you can, but from that calendar shot on the touch it appears there's no edit button.

Anyone with an iPhone, how about a comment?

mduser63
Sep 7, 2007, 12:02 AM
I fired up Calendar on my iPhone for the second time ever (seriously WTH do people need a calendar?!?) and in month view (as in the screenshots), there is a "+" button in the upper right corner that you hit to add an event. The plus button I'm talking about is missing in the iPod screenshots in this thread. To edit an existing event, first you tap the event to bring up the event details screen. On that screen there is an edit button in the upper right corner that you hit to edit/delete the event. Same exact thing for List and Day views.

siurpeeman
Sep 7, 2007, 12:02 AM
Well that settles that. :)

Well I hope you can, but from that calendar shot on the touch it appears there's no edit button.

Anyone with an iPhone, how about a comment?

on the iphone, there's a plus symbol on the upper right to add events. the software on the ipod touch could be a pre-release version that's not yet final. i'd have to agree with the above quote that events can be added.

i0Nic
Sep 7, 2007, 12:07 AM
So the rumour continues? hmm...
I can't see why it would be a pre-release version of calendar on the ipod touch.

cavemonkey50
Sep 7, 2007, 12:51 AM
I fired up Calendar on my iPhone for the second time ever (seriously WTH do people need a calendar?!?) and in month view (as in the screenshots), there is a "+" button in the upper right corner that you hit to add an event. The plus button I'm talking about is missing in the iPod screenshots in this thread. To edit an existing event, first you tap the event to bring up the event details screen. On that screen there is an edit button in the upper right corner that you hit to edit/delete the event. Same exact thing for List and Day views.

That's not good to hear. Perhaps they rearranged the button placement on the iPod version? Also, it looks like the person using the calendar is doing a drag motion on the mini agenda. I wonder if that's why we don't see the plus button.

nlivo
Sep 7, 2007, 02:00 AM
the only thing those two photos show is that the iPod touches software isn't complete. It will be done when it ships. I am guessing you will be able to edit in the calendar.

kellygeorge
Sep 7, 2007, 02:26 AM
i would feel safe in saying this is pure rumor. for me, if the apple website says you can edit calenders, thats enough. the pictures show differences between ipod touch and iphone screens, but who is to say this is the final product? besides, it is possible that it works differently than on the iphone - like zooming on safari by tap instead of pinch.

emotion
Sep 7, 2007, 03:44 AM
I fired up Calendar on my iPhone for the second time ever (seriously WTH do people need a calendar?!?)

That made me laugh out loud.

...people with busy jobs generally need calendars.

jacktiernan
Sep 7, 2007, 03:50 AM
Pure guesswork here, but see where the guys finger is in the calender photo above?

Maybe to add/ edit events, you click on the day, then click in those fields at the bottom of screen to edit it....which might "push" the field upwards and bring up the keyboard...

What do you all think? That seems possible to me....

aswitcher
Sep 7, 2007, 04:11 AM
I look forward to seeing more about this. Surely its identical to the iPhone. Why do it different and confuse people?