PDA

View Full Version : WHICH TO GET>??? touch or iphone

flipkid1021
Sep 6, 2007, 04:59 PM
Well im in a situation... the touch looks like the freaking iphone... and the 16gb is 399 while the iphone is 399 on apple... just only 8gb..

which should i get the iphone or the ipod touch?

whats the benefits? and down falls?

hatcher146
Sep 6, 2007, 05:06 PM
i am torn between the two also. obviously the iPhone has more features....the ability to call someone....texting....maps...etc. but the maps and widgets will probably end up getting hacked onto the touch. i really like the touch...but now since the iPhone has a price drop its tempting. im not sure what im going to do. if the iPhone was upgraded to 16 gb. i would get the iPhone. so i dont know....if you want a phone/iPod together just get the iPhone...but if you want a little more storage...and just an iPod get the touch!

mithykal
Sep 6, 2007, 05:07 PM
if you get the iPhone you also have monthly payments for 2 years, iPod touch just one payment for all touchy goodness

PygmySurfer
Sep 6, 2007, 05:09 PM
Well im in a situation... the touch looks like the freaking iphone... and the 16gb is 399 while the iphone is 399 on apple... just only 8gb..

which should i get the iphone or the ipod touch?

whats the benefits? and down falls?

IMHO, the biggest choice is whether you want to be tethered to AT&T for 2 years or not. If that's not a problem, get an iPhone.

danny_w
Sep 6, 2007, 05:12 PM
if you get the iPhone you also have monthly payments for 2 years, iPod touch just one payment for all touchy goodness
...unless you use the iPod activation hack and don't sign up for a phone plan. Then you get all of the extra apps that the Touch doesn't have (at least right now). And a refurb 8GB iPhone is $349, only $50 more than the Touch 8GB.

magicjames92
Sep 6, 2007, 05:12 PM
ya if u want a phone/need one get the iphone, if not get the touch, is not hard to decide.

danny_w
Sep 6, 2007, 05:14 PM
ya if u want a phone/need one get the iphone, if not get the touch, is not hard to decide.
It is a little harder since the Touch does not have all of the apps that the iPhone has (such as email).

magicjames92
Sep 6, 2007, 05:17 PM
It is a little harder since the Touch does not have all of the apps that the iPhone has (such as email).

you can still check ur email without that app, and its possible for them to update the ipod and put that app on. trust me ur not missing out on much. im gettin the touch. i cant pay for a phone contract. im a kid. (ish)