Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rperalta

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 19, 2007
Hercules, CA
I found out 2 new cases by Seidio that is expected to be ready for sale next week. So I called them up today and I was told to check back middle of next week. The cases are online but cannot be added to the cart at this time. You will get an error when you do.

I have ordered a lot of Smartphone cases from SEIDIO in the last couple of years and been very happy with them. I do say this, SEIDO makes the thinness Crystal or Rubberized hard case I have ever seen. I will order one as soon as it is availabe. See links below.

SUPER SLIM CRYSTAL HARD CASE FOR IPHONE
http://www.seidioonline.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=836

SUPER SLIM RUBBERIZED HARD CASE FOR IPHONE
http://www.seidioonline.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=834

SLIM HYBRID HARD CASE FOR IPHONE
http://www.seidioonline.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=837

Regards,
Robert

Edit (9/07/07): Seidio has added another new case called "HYBRID". It is a combination of Crystal case (front) and Rubberized case (back).

hotsauce

macrumors 6502a
Sep 7, 2005
Wirelessly posted (Apple Communication Device: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/1C28 Safari/419.3)

Do you work for Seidio?

drater

macrumors 6502a
Oct 6, 2005
The bowels of CT
Wirelessly posted (Apple Communication Device: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/1C28 Safari/419.3)

Do you work for Seidio?

probably, and I've used Seidio for my blackberry stuff before my iPhone. They make good quality stuff, but the rubber case looks a little expensive on my end. Just my opinion. And like everything else, I'll wait for some sort of review before I buy.

rperalta

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 19, 2007
Hercules, CA

Do you work for Seidio?
Hi hotsauce,

For the record, I do not work for Seidio.

Before iPhone, I was using Seidio cases for my BlackBerries and Windows Mobile devices. I was excited to see them carry their trademark slim crystal and rubberized cases for the iPhone. I have purchased a lot of cases since day1 but all of them make my iPhone bulky (with the exception of the InvisibleSHIELD). I even tried the new "Showcase" by Contour but still a bulk.

JPS

macrumors regular
Aug 22, 2007
I'm returning the Marware Sport Grip that arrived today. The rubber picks up every bit of lint, it's hard to get out of the pocket, and with the case on my phone won't fit in the dock.

I'm interested in this case. Is it as easy to get it and out of the pocket as it says on the website?

woodbutcher

macrumors regular
Jul 1, 2007
I use this case for my treo 755, it is been very durable. The largest downside is how hard it is to separate the two halves of the case. The treo freezes and locks often and you have to remove the battery to recover. Oh by the way, THANK YOU APPLE FOR THE IPHONE

netronin

macrumors member
Jun 24, 2004
These look interesting. For those that have bought this brand previously, how do the cases hold up with scratches on the outside and have you seen issues with the case rubbing/scratching the device itself?

Jmoney

macrumors newbie
Jun 14, 2007
I have the Seidio holster. It is really high quality, I would recommend their products.

drater

macrumors 6502a
Oct 6, 2005
The bowels of CT
I'd really like to see more reviews on this. If anyone buys it please share some pictures with us. Like I said before these guys make quality products.

netronin

macrumors member
Jun 24, 2004
How easy are the rubberized cases to pull out of your pocket. I have the Marware sport grip on my iPhone now and it can somtimes be hard to get out because of the stickiness of the silicone. I like the look of the rubberized case, especially on the front as you won't have to look at all the dust/crap that gets under there (like you would with the clear version).

rperalta

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 19, 2007
Hercules, CA
How easy are the rubberized cases to pull out of your pocket. I have the Marware sport grip on my iPhone now and it can somtimes be hard to get out because of the stickiness of the silicone. I like the look of the rubberized case, especially on the front as you won't have to look at all the dust/crap that gets under there (like you would with the clear version).
The rubberized case is not sticky...it slides smoothly in and out of your pocket.

phungy

macrumors 68020
Dec 5, 2006
FL/NY/TX
I've purchased a few Seidio products and I think they are great! Except the price seems a bit steep for certain products.

I had their rubberized case for a Blackberry Pearl and it was awesome. I loved it!

VoodooDaddy

macrumors 65816
May 14, 2003
I like that Hybrid case. I have a crystal case on mine (which BTW doesnt look any thicker than the one you linked) but the back is so slick its hard to hold an type.

rperalta

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 19, 2007
Hercules, CA
I've purchased a few Seidio products and I think they are great! Except the price seems a bit steep for certain products.

I had their rubberized case for a Blackberry Pearl and it was awesome. I loved it!
Me too. I had the crystal, rubberized, and hybrid on my Pearl and other smartphones.

I like the hybrid the best...rubberized back and crystal clear for the sides and front. With this setup, the crystal clear will allow you to clearly see the sides (chrome) and front.

7racer

macrumors regular
May 3, 2004
Me too. I had the crystal, rubberized, and hybrid on my Pearl and other smartphones.

I like the hybrid the best...rubberized back and crystal clear for the sides and front. With this setup, the crystal clear will allow you to clearly see the sides (chrome) and front.

Do these have a pretty good track record of not scratching?

Also, I tend to dock...will the hinges get "weaker" if I have to take the phone out of the case, say once a week?

netronin

macrumors member
Jun 24, 2004
What is the locking mechanism that holds the two halves together like? I know on some the hard cases I've seen, they halves can come apart pretty easily. The only hard shell case I've seen that doesn't do this is the one made for the Ipod Nano by agent18 but hey don't have an iPhone case yet.

netronin

macrumors member
Jun 24, 2004
Well... I just ordered this so hopefully it's as nice as everyone says. I'll post pics as soon as it arrives.

rperalta

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 19, 2007
Hercules, CA
They just came out today. I already placed my order online and should ship out tomorrow. I will post some pics when I get it.

Robert

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.