PDA

View Full Version : ummm future iPod owner...

jesusplay
Sep 6, 2007, 07:47 PM
i have messsed around with a couple of iPods and i was going to get a nano.

then last week i found out their were new ipods coming out so i waited.

so i was going to get a nano but i changed my mind.

so im down to the classic ipod or ipod touch...

i love the click wheel!!! but im having doubts about the ipod touch........

are the touch controls better than classic ipod?

(memory isnt my problem, i dont have 1,750 songs)

PygmySurfer
Sep 6, 2007, 08:12 PM

I think you should wait until the iPod touch is available in stores, then try it out (or maybe check out an iPhone - the interface is almost identical). If you're having doubts, thats the only way you'll put them to rest.

MattyMac
Sep 6, 2007, 08:13 PM
The new nano is very cool...I ordered a 4gb silver one to add to my collection. I like it the best out of all of the iPods released yesterday. The touch is cool...but what's the point if you have an iPhone?!?! If you don't or haven't used an iPhone the touch will have an awesome WOW factor once you get your hands on it..much more than the classic. So I'd say go with the touch or nano. If you need the extra storage then you have no choice but to go with the classic.

ahhh...who am I kidding I like them all!

EDIT: iPhone wins overall though.

jesusplay
Sep 6, 2007, 08:15 PM
I think you should wait until the iPod touch is available in stores, then try it out (or maybe check out an iPhone - the interface is almost identical). If you're having doubts, thats the only way you'll put them to rest.

i live in louisiana, baton rouge..

no apple stores...for states.....

i havent used an iphone but i need to know if the music controls are better on iphone/touch over classic?

chosenwolf
Sep 6, 2007, 08:20 PM
I checked out the new Nano today, definitely better looking in person. The only thing I didn't like was that they went back to the metallic back like the 1st generation nano's.

I will be ordering an 8GB nano w/ video when they become available on Amazon.

Chupa Chupa
Sep 6, 2007, 08:27 PM
Here is how you have to look at the two models:

The iPod Classic is what is says it is: an iPod. It's mostly a music player that plays video too. It has massive storage for your entire collection.

The iPod Touch is really a video player and Internet device that also plays music. It has room for all of your favorite albums and movies, but not all unless you have a really small collection.

So it boils down to what you need your iPod to do. The clickwheel is great. The touch is too. I wouldn't buy an iPod based solely on that feature. I'd buy based on which is more practical for my needs. They are both great.

PygmySurfer
Sep 6, 2007, 08:38 PM
i live in louisiana, baton rouge..

no apple stores...for states.....

i havent used an iphone but i need to know if the music controls are better on iphone/touch over classic?

How about an AT&T/Cingular store? Maybe you could play with an iPhone to get a feel for the iPod touch.

jesusplay
Sep 6, 2007, 08:38 PM
Here is how you have to look at the two models:

The iPod Classic is what is says it is: an iPod. It's mostly a music player that plays video too. It has massive storage for your entire collection.

The iPod Touch is really a video player and Internet device that also plays music. It has room for all of your favorite albums and movies, but not all unless you have a really small collection.

So it boils down to what you need your iPod to do. The clickwheel is great. The touch is too. I wouldn't buy an iPod based solely on that feature. I'd buy based on which is more practical for my needs. They are both great.

i get that part, but how is the iphone/ipod touch controls vs the classic click wheel>?

PygmySurfer
Sep 6, 2007, 09:26 PM
i get that part, but how is the iphone/ipod touch controls vs the classic click wheel>?

You've really got to try it yourself, thats the only way you'll determine whether or not you like the new interface.