PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know if HBO shows are coming to itiunes? I want the JT concert.

amycishere
Sep 6, 2007, 07:49 PM
If I get the ipod classic, I want it DEFINITELY on my ipod. Huge fan here. lol. If I had to get it from an unofficial source, is there a chance it could screw up my ipod?

PygmySurfer
Sep 6, 2007, 08:09 PM
If I get the ipod classic, I want it DEFINITELY on my ipod. Huge fan here. lol. If I had to get it from an unofficial source, is there a chance it could screw up my ipod?

No. I don't believe there are any viruses/malware that infect or propogate via audio or video files. The worst case scenario is that the computer you download it with could become infected with something (really only likely if its a Windows PC). Even that scenario is fairly unlikely.

If you wanted to be extra careful, don't run any executable files that you download. So long as you're just downloading media files and archives (zip, rar, etc) you should be fine.

Also, if you're looking at torrents, many of the sites allow comments - usually if there is a problem, someone will mention it in the comments.

aristobrat
Sep 6, 2007, 08:25 PM
If you wanted to be extra careful, don't run any executable files that you download. So long as you're just downloading media files and archives (zip, rar, etc) you should be fine.

Also, if you're looking at torrents, many of the sites allow comments - usually if there is a problem, someone will mention it in the comments.
Excellent advice. Always read the comments and never ever run any executable included. :eek: