PDA

View Full Version : 8GB does not equal 8GB???

stratocaster
Sep 7, 2007, 12:51 AM
I don't know if anyone else has noticed, but the numbers for the 8GB Nano are different than the 8GB Touch.

http://www.apple.com/ipod/whichipod/

Why don't the amounts match? They are the same capacity... right?:confused:

Zwhaler
Sep 7, 2007, 12:54 AM
Probably because the iTouch uses the included 8 or 16 gigs to store app data (like safari, calculator, etc)

beaker26
Sep 7, 2007, 12:57 AM
I think that would account for more space for the Operating System of the touch. I think the iPhone actually has about 7.3 GB, so I'm sure it'll end up being about 7.5 GB for the touch.

rtdgoldfish
Sep 7, 2007, 12:58 AM
But the numbers really don't make sense. Why can the Touch hold more pictures and video but less music?? I would think it would be the opposite since it has a bigger screen thus a larger resolution for video and images.

--Wolf--
Sep 7, 2007, 01:09 AM
I think when you compare the pictures on the nano to the touch, you aren't just comparing the sizes of the photos anymore.

Either for the touch, some song space was sacrificed for more pics and/or it has some kind of compressing method for pictures.

fredsherbet
Sep 7, 2007, 09:39 AM
the 80gig and 160gig ipod both hold 25000 pics... so it's not capacity that dictates that limit, it's the databasing software (i'd expect)

lordjonny
Sep 7, 2007, 09:49 AM
apple have bodged it up alot, check out the battery life on the uk site compared to us, 40music,7video on uk and 22,5 on us:S we have more powerful sockets or something i guess oh well as long as mine works who cares ;)