PDA

View Full Version : Touch upgrading....had to be said some time!

JDN
Sep 7, 2007, 07:44 AM
Ok, so they aren't even shipping yet, but speculation is one of macrumours greatest games.

So what about upgrading the falh drive in the touch a few years down the line when they get cheaper? Who thinks it can be done?

Matteh117
Sep 7, 2007, 08:13 AM
Uhm..

Isn't it obvious that over time (especially the years that you've specified) they will be upgraded. That's er.. what happens.

raptor96
Sep 7, 2007, 08:23 AM
Uhm..

Isn't it obvious that over time (especially the years that you've specified) they will be upgraded. That's er.. what happens.

Haha, no I think he means "what's the possibility of upgrading the flash drive on your own iPod Touch in the future [a la new batteries in past iPods?]" Not "do you think they will upgrade the iPod Touch ever?"

*grin*

Chupa Chupa
Sep 7, 2007, 08:24 AM
I doubt it. The RAM is probably soldered in.

mrkramer
Sep 7, 2007, 08:29 AM
I had heard of some people updating their 1G nanos to 8GB, so I would assume that you could do it but it would most likely not be worth it because there will be new features that you would probably want.

Jasonbot
Sep 7, 2007, 08:32 AM
I had heard of some people updating their 1G nanos to 8GB, so I would assume that you could do it but it would most likely not be worth it because there will be new features that you would probably want.

Not really: http://www.engadget.com/2006/01/12/hack-your-4gb-ipod-nano-to-8gb/

mmm glue