PDA

View Full Version : iPod touch: An Ineffective Name?

JohnEZ
Sep 7, 2007, 03:52 PM
So a friend of mine and I were talking today. We think that the "iPod Touch" sounds just a little too awkward and clumsy. Too many syllables, if you know what I mean.

"iPoke," anyone? :p ;) :D

-John
PS. Please excuse my sorry attempt at humor. :)

wakerider017
Sep 7, 2007, 03:55 PM
3 syllables... ya that is way too many...

Seriously, don't you have anything better to do than think about the name?

gadgetgirl85
Sep 7, 2007, 03:56 PM
I like iTouch :D

JohnEZ
Sep 7, 2007, 04:00 PM
Seriously, don't you have anything better to do than think about the name?

As a matter of fact... nope. :) As long as it's still waiting in the wings and my work is done for the day, I allow my mind to wander. ;)

Also, please note: PS. Please excuse my sorry attempt at humor. :)

aethelbert
Sep 7, 2007, 04:04 PM
Yeah, three syllables is WAY too many. Especially when iPod Shuffle, iPod Classic, and iPod nano all have four.

~Shard~
Sep 7, 2007, 04:17 PM
iPod touch is only 3 syllables compared to iPod nano, iPod classic and iPod shuffle which are all 4. I think it is important to keep the "iPod" brand and to then differentiate the specific device in a manner such as Apple has done. iPod touch is simple and effective. I like it.

Schnebar
Sep 9, 2007, 09:27 PM
iPod touch is only 3 syllables compared to iPod nano, iPod classic and iPod shuffle which are all 4. I think it is important to keep the "iPod" brand and to then differentiate the specific device in a manner such as Apple has done. iPod touch is simple and effective. I like it.

yeah people refer to the iPod nano as the nano

maybe the iPod touch will be called just the touch as slang as more people get to know about it.

Now we have to say iPod touch because not that many people know what we are talking about if we say the touch.

squeeks
Sep 9, 2007, 09:33 PM
:apple:iPhod:apple:

not quite an iphone but more than an ipod :D:D

awmazz
Sep 10, 2007, 12:35 AM
The iSaac.

As in Newton. :D