PDA

View Full Version : iPod + Last.fm = hmmm, idea?

CaptSaltyJack
Sep 7, 2007, 03:56 PM
Imagine if the iPod Touch and iPhone could talk to Last.fm. You could scrobble if you wanted to via EDGE of wi-fi, and the cool part, the iPod/Phone would have a built in Last.fm app that would let you, for example, search for "Bob Marley" and it will begin playing random tracks from similar artists, to help you discover new music (as the Last.fm player on OS X/Windows does).

I'd kill to have this feature.

Luis
Sep 7, 2007, 04:49 PM
Wouldn't it work just to go to the last.fm website on the touch?

CaptSaltyJack
Sep 7, 2007, 04:54 PM
Wouldn't it work just to go to the last.fm website on the touch?

But what would you do once you're there? You couldn't listen to music because the iPod/iPhone don't support Flash. Besides, I'd much rather have a shiny red Last.fm icon on my home screen. The whole app itself would be more fluid experience than surfing to the web site.

Luis
Sep 7, 2007, 05:01 PM
But what would you do once you're there? You couldn't listen to music because the iPod/iPhone don't support Flash. Besides, I'd much rather have a shiny red Last.fm icon on my home screen. The whole app itself would be more fluid experience than surfing to the web site.

Hmmm... forgot about the flash bit. Of course than a native app would be better, but then we'll have to wait to see what hackers come to.

GimmeSlack12
Sep 7, 2007, 05:49 PM
I like the idea of the on-the-go music suggestions, but yeah it probably won't be happening anytime soon.
Though you can get iScrobbler to scrobble your iPod music everytime you sync the iPod/Phone. I find that to be fantastic.