Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ErikCLDR

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 14, 2007
What if there were expandable sections of the Recent Comments on the left hand side of the main screen. By this I mean you could expand the sections to show the top 6 (or whatever) recent topics in say Community Discussion, Buying Tips, and Mac Hardware. You could also shrink up the things you don't want to see for example iPhone, Apple TV, etc.

If you are familiar with facebook you know that you can shink up and down the mini feed and information columns of info.

My idea is also in iTunes where if you have music folders inside of music folders you can expand the folder to see the folders within it.

I dunno, just a suggestion to tiddy up the home page.

Further Clarification to make sure you know what I am talking about. Basically just that only with thread categories and threads.

Attachments

• Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    11.3 KB · Views: 134
  • Picture 2.png
    Picture 2.png
    11.4 KB · Views: 141

Blue Velvet

Moderator emeritus
Jul 4, 2004
You can collapse forums on the main forum page by clicking on this
collapse_tcat.gif
on the right-top of each forum title bar.

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
I think he was referring to the front front page (http://www.macrumors.com). Interesting idea...not that I ever use those. How do people browse that way with such a limited list? :confused:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.