PDA

View Full Version : iMac G3 - Unimplemented Trap?

d_and_n5000
Sep 7, 2007, 06:31 PM
One of the forty-odd iMac G3s(this particular model is Key Lime, around 233 MHZ, running 9.2) that my school acquired last year(as 'new' computers to replace a bunch of PM 5400's:rolleyes:...but that's a story for another day) has found itself with an 'Unimplemented trap' system error, which then directs me to restart with extensions turned off. This does nothing.

I've done a little research on this particular system error, and it is usually able to be fixed by trashing the hard drive and reinstalling Mac OS. However, this doesn't work and so far we're led to believe that it is hardware related. Would anybody have any idea what piece of hardware would be involved? I'm thinking that it is the hard drive. Rather more importantly, is it expensive to fix or replace? It doesn't really matter whether or not it involves ripping the iMac apart or not(already have several on a waiting list to be dismantled whenever we get a chance to, one more isn't going to hurt much), but cost will likely be an issue if its very expensive.

Does anybody have any idea what could be causing this? We aren't really sure what more we can do, save for ripping it apart and replacing various parts. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

ck12
Sep 23, 2007, 12:13 AM
Today i bought a imac 233 green for $5 dollars at a garage sale. It was working fine all day until i moved it to my room, i turned it on and it said there was first a bus proble turn of extensions by shift reset, i did it was past that than another came up saying unimplimented problem turn of extensions by holding shift twhen reseting i did nothing worked. The problem is it didnt come with any os 8.1 discs or anything . Somebody Please Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:confused: