PDA

View Full Version : iPod touch Safari compatible with Cisco VPN?

AppleMatt389
Sep 8, 2007, 07:14 AM
I'm pretty sure that im buying either 8gb or 16gb iPod touch, but i have one major issue. I go to university and the WiFi network there has proxies that you have to configure safari with. and then u have to download Cisco VPN to connect to the network, otherwise you can't connect to the internet. Does anyone know if the iPhone safari has built in support for VPN's of any sort? Or if there is a workaround. If anyone knows it would be a great help.

clevin
Sep 8, 2007, 07:37 AM
my guess is no, its pure guess tho, only clue is that I heard this cicso vpn before here at MR.

emotion
Sep 8, 2007, 07:46 AM
I'd say it's doubtful. The built in Apple OSX VPN (on macs) doesn't support Cisco VPNs.

Our university uses Cisco VPNs too. They have a way to sign in just for web use though, without VPN.

AppleMatt389
Sep 8, 2007, 07:59 AM
damn australian uni..maybe ill talk to the techies and tell them to shove their vpn where the sun dont shine. or they can just give me alternate proxies :D

its so annoying..i want to be able to just take my iPod touch with me to uni. i dont want to have to take touch and laptop. major hassle.