Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bluedoggiant

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jul 13, 2007
MD & ATL,GA
why didnt them ipods come with radios???? such a classic thing to come with a music player, nano and classic are excused, but sumthing like the touch?... im ashamed at apple, getting the ipod classic 80GB silver

AirborneAngel

macrumors 6502
Sep 8, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
Because

Here

Apple gets the extra $50 for selling the external radio, plus the new iPods are already packed to the brim with stuff. I would sacrifice a radio for the features and space.

Xavier

macrumors demi-god
Mar 23, 2006
Columbus
Why get an iPod to listen to radio? Thats what i get a 10 dollar crappy radio for.

I get an iPod for my iTunes. Radio is for the car

mithykal

macrumors regular
Sep 5, 2007
why didnt them ipods come with radios???? such a classic thing to come with a music player, nano and classic are excused, but sumthing like the touch?... im ashamed at apple, getting the ipod classic 80GB silver

because imo the iPod is about personalising your music collection, there is nothing personal about a public radio sation, with iPod you choose your music when and what you listen to.
Ok radio is good to get news, but what about TV which everyone now has....

Retired
May 16, 2006
Why get an iPod to listen to radio? Thats what i get a 10 dollar crappy radio for.

I get an iPod for my iTunes. Radio is for the car

I'd like radio built in. Would be great for the small-capacity Nano because 8GB isn't enough for many people to cover enough music for enough moods...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.