PDA

View Full Version : G3 MT: CD-ROM/Combo Drive Compatability

Sweetfeld28
Aug 15, 2003, 05:49 PM
A couple of days ago i ordered 2 ZIF cables to install into my beige G3 MT. I have a Rev B ROM chip installed, so it does accept slave drives. Anyway, after i installed one cable for the hard drive, and the other to run both (master- CD-ROM and Slave- Combo Drive) drives everything seemed to run fine. But, after listening to a cd in the CD-Rom (master drive) the song that i was listening to started to seem like it was skipping, after it would play for about a couple of minutes. I tried to the next song, same thing. Then later, i decided to try and directly copy a cd. It also had problems, buffer under run of course; i've never had this.

I was just wondering if anyone had a G3 MT and was using dual drives, and how they set it up. Or, if i did something wrong would someone give me a hint as how to fix it.

P.S. also, ever since i installed the second drive(the cd-rom) i have noticed an Eject symbol, up on the main menu bar next to the clock. Does anyone know what this is and how to use it or get rid of it. I am using an older style of the apple adjustable keyboard, which doesn't have the eject key.