PDA

View Full Version : Crazy Idea? nano w/AV cables instead of Digi Foto Frame

zelmo
Sep 8, 2007, 07:34 PM
My wife and I have been wanting to get my mom a digital picture frame for a couple of years, so we've been watching the tech develop. Our particular challenge is that my mom's eyesight is getting pretty bad now that she is 86, so even a 9" diagonal frame is pretty tough for her to see. The bigger they get, the more expensive they get.
I was thinking that we could pick up a nano and a set of AV cables and hook it up to her 25" TV. She can use the remote just fine to switch between cable and her dvd player, so another input choice should be okay for her. If we just left the nano plugged in and running, she could change inputs whenever she wanted to and have a 25" photo slideshow. It would probably kill the battery and maybe the screen, but since she'd never be able to use it as an iPod I'm not worried about it. Since it's a flash player there's no hdd to burn out.

This seems like an effective solution - what am I overlooking?

SoldOutMatinee
Sep 9, 2007, 08:27 PM
It would probably kill the battery....

you can buy a cheap dock as a solution for that.

Affe
Sep 9, 2007, 09:06 PM
you can buy a cheap dock as a solution for that.

I am pretty sure he meant in the long run.

wakerider017
Sep 9, 2007, 10:04 PM
At 86 would she be able to work the nano?

mrkramer
Sep 9, 2007, 10:09 PM

probably at least as well as any other option.

Sean Dempsey
Sep 9, 2007, 10:27 PM

you just leave it running and on a aux input in the tv. She hits input on the remote, it goes to the picture show, which plays 24/7