Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
T

TheBMill

Original poster
Do you guys think we'll have to wait till September 28th?

Someone at CDW.com told me they might get them around September 12th or so...

I sold my old ipod and I've been ipodless for a week...didn't know how much I relied on that thing!

Oh. I put my order in on the day they were announced at the online educational store.

aethelbert

macrumors 601
Jun 1, 2007
Chicago, IL, USA
I think that we'll be waiting until around the 28th. Maybe a few days before, but you won't be getting it on the eleventh or twelfth.

And out of curiosity, why did you wait for the iPod to come up on the edu store?

rbroady

macrumors regular
Jul 17, 2007
I think that we'll be waiting until around the 28th. Maybe a few days before, but you won't be getting it on the eleventh or twelfth.

And out of curiosity, why did you wait for the iPod to come up on the edu store?

10% discount maybe:)

nirvana06

macrumors regular
Jan 8, 2006
Toronto
I hope it comes out sooner. I have been waiting for a new ipod since july (ipod video was stolen). I wish apple would just say ships on 28th so then it would be a big surprise if it came early.

Since i pre orderd my ipod touch everywhere i go i think how nice it would be to have touch now. Started to prepare my library for it too, getting some more music videos and deleting stuff i don't need.

Because it's apple i think they'll surprise some people with an early shipment.

Nayrb

macrumors member
Apr 17, 2007
Virginia
Technically the online store says "Ships: By September 28th" so it could be before that, on that, just not later than that. At least that's what that wording would lead me to believe.

jacktiernan

macrumors regular
Sep 3, 2007
Vic, Australia
I agree

Technically the online store says "Ships: By September 28th" so it could be before that, on that, just not later than that. At least that's what that wording would lead me to believe.

I agree. I think that the 28th would be the latest date for shipping. I also think they would have added about 1 week on to when they thought they could have it shipped, in case of problems.

So, by my reckoning, if all goes well they could very well ship around the 21st...... wouldn't that be nice :D

BTW, gotta say how excited i am, I have waited about 9 months to buy because i felt trongly there would be a touchscreen ipod... so i can't wait!

Oh yeah, and it's my birthday on the 30th - so either way i consider it my bday pressie from steve

I love you :apple:
:D

boxandrew

macrumors member
Apr 27, 2005
Oklahoma, OK

Why do you say that? You seem so certain. I would have thought the suggestion that they added a week on to the estimate to make sure it isn't late is fairly reasonable. Having said that, they didn't ship the iPhone early...

xmx250

macrumors newbie
Sep 6, 2007
I hope they hurry and release it. i'm gonna buy it at an apple store near me. Do you guys think i'll have trouble getting one cause of crowds or anything?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.