PDA

View Full Version : Regarding iPhone being "updated" in Buyers Guide

mrat93
Sep 8, 2007, 09:44 PM
I was just checking the MacRumors Buyers Guide to see if the iPod Touch was added (which it wasn't), and I noticed that it said the iPhone was "recently updated" at the Sept. 5th event. I am assuming this "update" was the iTunes WiFi Store, but does that really qualify for an "update?" I know it's a big deal, but the actual hardware wasn't updated, just the software...

siurpeeman
Sep 8, 2007, 09:47 PM
the $200 price cut and the elimination of the 4 gb model are significant enough for an update to the buyer's guide. similarly, the cinema displays last update reflect the day they dropped in price.

techlover828
Sep 8, 2007, 09:48 PM
I agree, it seems like only hardware updates should be considered updates

arn
Sep 9, 2007, 12:27 AM
I was just checking the MacRumors Buyers Guide to see if the iPod Touch was added (which it wasn't), and I noticed that it said the iPhone was "recently updated" at the Sept. 5th event. I am assuming this "update" was the iTunes WiFi Store, but does that really qualify for an "update?" I know it's a big deal, but the actual hardware wasn't updated, just the software...

Update was $200 drop.

From a buying decision point of view, I think it definitely qualifies as an update.

arn

kwood
Sep 10, 2007, 09:46 AM
Update was $200 drop.

From a buying decision point of view, I think it definitely qualifies as an update.

arn

Although you might want to consider putting the same disclaimer that you put on the Displays.

* There has been some speculation that the most recent price drop doesn't represent a true update. If you click on the dates for the Apple LCD updates, you'll see that price drops are the primary form of LCD updates from Apple. The 30" model last received an increase in specification in March 2006 while the 20" and 23" remains unchanged since August 2006.

Obviously adjust the dates and say something like it was a $200 price drop, and discontinuance of the 4GB iPhone.