PDA

View Full Version : CS3 on more than one machine!?!

feyd_ehway
Sep 9, 2007, 11:17 AM
i bought adobe creative suite 3 - design premium [student licensing for mac]... in the past havent you been able to put a program on up to three machines? :( id like to put it on my macbook pro as well as my ibook... does anyone have any recommendations please?

bartelby
Sep 9, 2007, 11:18 AM
I think you can only install it on two machines...

grafikat
Sep 9, 2007, 11:21 AM
Adobe is running an activation program, so I think you can only run it on one machine at a time, a total of 2 installations....at least according to what I've read.

mikes63737
Sep 9, 2007, 06:12 PM
You can install it on 2 computers.

From the CS3 EULA:

goodwolve
Sep 20, 2007, 01:41 PM
Can someone deactivate your copy of the software? I have a client who is trying to do that to my software so he can put it on his kids machine rather then for the work that I am doing for them.

I don't think they can deactivate it remotely, but I want to know for sure.

This is what I get for working for crazy clients!

Moof1904
Sep 20, 2007, 03:29 PM
Yes, in the Activation dialog there's an option for deactivating CS3 for that computer. I just did it for a client who had a hard drive that was about to die and needed to be replaced.

goodwolve
Sep 20, 2007, 05:24 PM
Really? You can deactivate a computer remotely? Wow. I looked all over for documentation on this and I can't find any anywhere. Hmmm... not good.

aricher
Sep 20, 2007, 06:59 PM
my company recently bought cs3 to upgade 5 Macs. They gave us only one serial number. Must be some top secret multi install corporate thing.

angrygolfer
Sep 20, 2007, 08:32 PM
my company recently bought cs3 to upgade 5 Macs. They gave us only one serial number. Must be some top secret multi install corporate thing.

Yeah they offer Open Licensing, which allows you to use one serial on multiple installs.