PDA

View Full Version : Will the iPod Touch work with older iPod docks?

evilgreg
Sep 9, 2007, 05:39 PM
I bought a iPod dock for my 5G iPod, it's the one with the IR reciever built into it.

I'm just wondering if anyone knows if the iPod touch will be compatible with this dock, or if it's too wide. I know it comes with a dock adapter in the box, so this leads me to think it will fit. Thanks!

PS
Is there a certain way you are supposed to remove the dock adapter from the iPod dock station?

EricNau
Sep 9, 2007, 05:42 PM
I don't see why not.

...And Yes, just slip a fingernail into the slot of the adapter and pop up.

PygmySurfer
Sep 9, 2007, 05:47 PM
Apparently yes:

In the box
iPod touch
Earphones
USB 2.0 cable
Dock adapter
Polishing cloth
Stand
Quick Start guide

sJv
Sep 9, 2007, 10:02 PM
If the iPod Touch is like the iPhone, it will work, including the remote control. Video out will probably not work as it looks like apple has done something proprietary with the video out port that requires a special chip in the dock or cable to unlock it.

-steve

I bought a iPod dock for my 5G iPod, it's the one with the IR reciever built into it.

I'm just wondering if anyone knows if the iPod touch will be compatible with this dock, or if it's too wide. I know it comes with a dock adapter in the box, so this leads me to think it will fit. Thanks!

PS
Is there a certain way you are supposed to remove the dock adapter from the iPod dock station?