PDA

View Full Version : retail pricing -->> education pricing

shecky
Aug 16, 2003, 09:57 AM
i just had a sobering thought-

when they release new PowerBooks, will Apple also release education pricing for them as well? The idea is for me to take a ride to my nearest Apple retail store to be 1st in line with my American Express card to pick on up for school. BUT... if they only offer retail pricing for the first few days or weeks or whatever than I am bound to spend more $ than I will ultimately need to.

Can anyone speak from experience of Apple's timing of retail vs. education pricing? do they release them at the same time usually?

Kwyjibo
Aug 16, 2003, 10:06 AM
traditionally the prices may stay the same which means that the edu prices might stay the same too. When I got my ibook on nov62002 the edu prices were there as fast as the new products. as long as you goto a retail apple store you can get the edu discount too. Also don't be surprised if apple raises the powerbook prices back ot what they were....

shecky
Aug 16, 2003, 10:16 AM
i completely expect that the new release pricing will be significantly higher than the current pricing, and I have no problem with that. I just want to know (or have a good guess) that the edu pricing will be available from day 1.

bennetsaysargh
Aug 16, 2003, 12:26 PM
apple is usually prompt with that stuff. when the apple store is down, tat means every store is down. government educational.
everything.