PDA

View Full Version : VGA adapter on iBook?

Daveman Deluxe
Aug 16, 2003, 01:07 PM
My next-door neighbor was having a garage sale--he was selling a pallette full of computer stuff from eBay. He had a stack of six (!) Mac IIs, all kinds of good stuff.

So first he gave me an AppleVision 17" monitor. Its cable, unfortunately, has its pins arranged in two rows.

Then I tried a Dell 15" monitor. I plugged it into my iBook's VGA adapter and can't get anything to show up.

So my questions are:
1) Can I get an adapter to connect the two-row VGA cable on the AppleVision to the three-row VGA adapter for my iBook?
2) Should I write off the Dell monitor and give it back?

Daveman Deluxe
Aug 17, 2003, 12:37 AM
*bump*

nslyax
Aug 17, 2003, 01:00 AM
When I bought my AppleVision 1710 it came with an adapter to connect it to a vga videocard. I'm sure searching on ebay should bring one up. If not, I should have mine around somewhere. Not sure what to do about the Dell.

Nermal
Aug 17, 2003, 01:41 AM
A bit OT but...

My old LC III needs a two-row plug, can I plug a standard VGA display into it with an adapter?

nslyax
Aug 17, 2003, 01:51 AM
Sure. Actually, this is a fairly common adapter since VGA monitors are generally cheaper than Apple CRTs. Will require you to set a few dip switches specific to the vga monitors resolution and sync, no big thing.