PDA

View Full Version : iPhone SIM Unlocking Software Soon Available

MacRumors
Sep 10, 2007, 11:41 AM
http://www.macrumors.com/images/macrumorsthreadlogo.gif (http://www.macrumors.com)

iPhoneSimFree.com (http://www.iphonesimfree.com/) is now offering their iPhone SIM unlocking software through specific retailers (http://www.iphonesimfree.com/cgi-bin/iphonesimfree/engine.pl?page=buy) in Australia, Germany, Saudi Arabia and the U.S.

The U.S. retailer WirelessImports (http://www.wirelessimports.com/Store/Catalog/Detail.aspx?productId=819) if offering the software for $99.

Gizmodo (http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/apple/iphone-software-unlock-confirmed-on-video-297651.php?autoplay=true) recently verified that the iPhoneSimFree solution with a video of the unlock process.
The retailer you buy the unlock from will load the unlock software directly onto your phone, which will check to see if your IMEI is "allowed" to be unlocked. If it is, the software will unlock the phone—a process which took us approximately 2 or 3 minutes, as you can see in the video.

Based on notes by the resellers, the software is actually not yet available so they are simply taking preorders.

Article Link (http://www.macrumors.com/iphone/2007/09/10/*******************ing-software-soon-available/)

liketom
Sep 10, 2007, 11:48 AM
yep i just ordered and hoping i did not waste £25 :o

just hope they come through quick

arn
Sep 10, 2007, 11:50 AM
let us know how it goes.

I've been skipping by stories about this as they all seem to be "it's coming soon..." but finally got worn down and posted this one.

wake me up when it's actually shipping.

arn

ngdesign
Sep 10, 2007, 11:51 AM
Again... the "next level" Pre-order..hahahah

Did they tell you when u gonna get the real thing?

NoCleverSNForMe
Sep 10, 2007, 11:52 AM
let us know how it goes.

I've been skipping my stories about this as they all seem to be "it's coming soon..." but finally got worn down and posted this one.

arn

Not to sound like a cynic, but I'll believe it when I see it. The ones I've seen have been "video proofs" that are all poorly edited and are shot with low lighting in Dick Cheney's bunker or confusing sites giving deadlines that they continuously keep missing.

When someone releases software for a consumer to purchase, download, and unlock their iPhone...that will be the day the iPhone is truly unlocked.

liketom
Sep 10, 2007, 11:53 AM
let us know how it goes.

I've been skipping my stories about this as they all seem to be "it's coming soon..." but finally got worn down and posted this one.

arn
as soon as it's there i will post back -

so far : paid on the iphoneworldwideunlock site, now awaiting an login to enter my iphone details so they can add me to the back office server stuff -

update ; just got an e-mail

Hi guys,

I have had to resend this again due to more news.

iPhoneSimFree.com has launched their new website with information on the software and tutorials. We have also updated our website with this information.

We have also been named as their Top Reseller and have been mentioned on Gizmodo and Engadget.

Please note if you have purchased the software today from us that we are placing a new order so you will be serviced in a few days.

iPhoneSimFree has announced the release of their Software (Monday, 10th September 2007). They are verifying payments with us and will be releasing this as soon as this has been processed. Please understand that according to IPSF they are getting over 5000 emails per day and there is only 3 people in their company. They have assured me that they are working with a local company to help handle the increased volume of emails and orders they are receiving.

We will soon have access to their server to upload all the Data Collection details to those who have filled it in. If you haven't you will need to do this now or when you have your handset available. To get access please read through this email for links to the online form.

Please do not bombarded us with emails asking when your order will be sent and when the software is available. Its been a tiring time trying to respond to you all by email at the moment. I ask if you CAN ONLY post your questions on http://www.hackint0sh.org/forum/showthread.php?t=4492
I am monitoring this post and you will also be able to see answers to questions i get repeatedly asked.

There is a delay in responding to emails due to the sheer volume we are receiving each day.

Some answers to your questions:

1. We do not have a delivery date yet for the software. We are hoping to have a confirmed date within the next few days.
2. You will need to input your phone data for each order you have paid for through us.
3. If you do not have the phone data then you will have to input this when you have it ready. Your order cannot be sent until this is received.
4. We do have more licenses on order so you can purchase more on our website.

mainstreetmark
Sep 10, 2007, 12:02 PM
Sounds pricey. They'll probably drop the price by a third in the next few weeks.

nismo
Sep 10, 2007, 12:09 PM
hmm ill believe it when I see it

JPyre
Sep 10, 2007, 12:11 PM
It is just me, arn, and nocleversn, that find the time it's taking from annoucement to actual product disturbing? I mean it's been like what, 3 weeks? I smell the foul stench of vaporware emitting from these sites.... I hope they prove me wrong, for the one time I might travel to the EU.

I bet we'll see iPhone Linux before this is out.

liketom
just entered my login details into the website:

Imei number and serial number - only a matter of time now

nismo
http://www.engadget.com/2007/09/10/iphonesimfrees-end-user-solution-tested-it-works/

The end user solution has been tested by engadget and it worked for them so thats good news!

mfermier
Sep 10, 2007, 12:17 PM
I'm no lawyer, but is this not illegal for them to offer this service. I would imagine Apple or at least ATT would be getting pretty pissed at these people.

JPyre
Sep 10, 2007, 12:17 PM
http://www.engadget.com/2007/09/10/iphonesimfrees-end-user-solution-tested-it-works/

The end user solution has been tested by engadget and it worked for them so thats good news!

I'll believe that when an actual end user can do it.

liketom
Sep 10, 2007, 12:21 PM
I'll believe that when an actual end user can do it.

IF i'm luky and get the unlock before anyone else does, (which i doubt) i will post a full youtube video from start to finish with no cuts - ps i have a tripod for my video camera too :D

JPyre
Sep 10, 2007, 12:21 PM
I'm no lawyer, but is this not illegal for them to offer this service. I would imagine Apple or at least ATT would be getting pretty pissed at these people.

Believe it or not, cell phone locks are the only things that arent protected by DMCA DRM RIAA ACLU FCC laws. Why would they be pissed? Nobody is going to use t-mobile and at&t was never going to get the EU customers anyway.

http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20061124-8280.html

The newest list of exemptions to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) is out, and the Register of Copyrights is recommending six exemptions this time around. If you've been hankering for the legal authority to remove Sony's rootkit or to unlock your cell phone, then this will be big news. If you were hoping for the ability to make backup copies of your legally purchased DVDs, you're (still) out of luck.

5) cell phone firmware that ties a phone to a specific wireless network

An argument against this blanket exemption...

http://www.ipodobserver.com/story/32788

Basicly it's 100% legal to unlock. But it's still up for debate if selling the unlock is legal...

RichP
Sep 10, 2007, 12:45 PM
Believe it or not, cell phone locks are the only things that arent protected by DMCA DRM RIAA ACLU FCC laws. Why would they be pissed? Nobody is going to use t-mobile and at&t was never going to get the EU customers anyway.

I have to agree, T-mobile isnt exactly a "step up" from ATT (verizon may be considered one, but thats a moot point, they are CDMA)

aquanutz
Sep 10, 2007, 12:48 PM
I have to agree, T-mobile isnt exactly a "step up" from ATT

You're right, they are leaps and bounds up from ATT. I've never had any troubles with Tmo and Cingular/ATT has always been complete garbage. Also, I'm so glad this isn't a CDMA phone, I prefer to have my calls not sound like complete trash. I hate having to use any Verizon phone because it sounds like I'm talking into a 1960's rotary phone.

The Stig
Sep 10, 2007, 12:53 PM
I'm not going to pay $99 to unlock an iphone!

TS

liketom
Sep 10, 2007, 12:55 PM
I'm not going to pay $99 to unlock an iphone!

TS

$60 AUD why would anyone buy for more ?

NoCleverSNForMe
Sep 10, 2007, 12:56 PM
You're right, they are leaps and bounds up from ATT. I've never had any troubles with Tmo and Cingular/ATT has always been complete garbage. Also, I'm so glad this isn't a CDMA phone, I prefer to have my calls not sound like complete trash. I hate having to use any Verizon phone because it sounds like I'm talking into a 1960's rotary phone.

Umm...okay. Try this on for size, oh holy one: AT&T and T-Mobile have numerous deadspots in my area and do not get a single bar in my office or within a 3-mile radius of my office. Meanwhile, Sprint and Verizon get full coverage in my office, along with the underground Metrorail. I live in a suburb of Washington, DC.

Aquanutz, please realize that the world does not revolve around you. Service is a REGIONAL issue. Just because one works better in your area does not mean that the entire country must be the same way. Remember, two entire states aren't even covered in AT&T's network.

ldhilljr
Sep 10, 2007, 01:05 PM

Well, it's a bit of a sticky question as to whether the DMCA exemption gives any rights (or exemptions) to those third parties (e.g., IPSF or its resellers) that provide the tools to unlock the iPhone. But there would appear to be nothing wrong with the end-user (i.e., you and me) purchasing the software to unlock the iPhone.

Having said that, we're talking about the DMCA, which is a US law, and which Apple/ATT would have some difficulty enforcing in other countries. So if a non-US company sells iPhone unlocking tools, and it's not necessarily illegal for a US customer to use those tools, then Apple/ATT may have a problem.

A wholly different issue may arise if it turns out that IPSF has wrongfully acquired proprietary information from Apple or ATT that allows them to do the unlock -- in other words, if someone stole code or a database that was integral to allowing IPSF to produce its unlocking software. Most countries have legislation to prevent the theft of intellectual property. But, in this case, Apple/ATT would have to go after IPSF (wherever they are) or go after every reseller of IPSF, and prove that such a theft occurred (if it did).

If IPSF simply developed its own software to unlock the iPhone, the remedies available to Apple/ATT will be much more limited.

At a practical level, if IPSF's software actually begins being successfully sold, Apple/ATT will have a difficult time stopping the unlocking through the legal system of any country, and their best bet will probably be to try and change the way the iPhone is locked, either for future phones or through a firmware update.

Having said all this, although I love Apple and its products, I could give a hoot if they or anyone else is upset if I get my iPhone unlocked.

ldhilljr
Sep 10, 2007, 01:16 PM
Service is a REGIONAL issue. Back in the day, I had Verizon service because I was all over the Northeast and used my cell phone alot. My wife had service with T-Mobile because she won something at a golf tournament. I always thought, "T-Mobile -- nice people, good rates, but I hear their coverage is lousy. My Verizon (I'm sure) kicks butt."

Then we went through a two-week period traveling down to DC and also out to the middle of Kentucky. At several points, I found myself stuck on a one-bar analog signal for Verizon, while my wife's cheap phone had 4 solid bars of digital coverage. (I could deal with this at times while on our way to DC, but rural Kentucky just irritated me).

So now I've switched to a 2-line plan with T-Mobile. It's far cheaper than my old Verizon plan, gives me a better data package, and also allows me to use GSM phones that I can swap out my SIM for an Orange UK SIM when I'm working in England. And when I call customer service, they really seem like they want to figure out how to get my service operating the way I need it to, rather than the seemingly constant fight I had with Verizon.

(Cingular was dead to me for the way they have wreaked havoc on my wife with her prior cell phone plan, and also with my in-laws' plans. I never thought I would pay to cancel a cell contract early, but Cingular became the exception to that rule.).

Now, I would have to honestly say that Verizon has, overall, better coverage in the US. But for the vast majority of places I travel (which is primarily in the Northeast), my service from T-Mobile has been just as good as Verizon, and the benefits (for me) of T-Mobile win out over Verizon hand down. But that doesn't mean T-Mobile would be the right choice for everyone.

JPyre
Sep 10, 2007, 01:16 PM
I love it when people came up to me and said "Some kid unlocked your iPhone, but I don't know what the means"
and I tell them "You can now goto EU and use prepaid cards",
and they're like "That's it?"
and then I'm like "Yeah... I don't know why it made front page"

To anyone seriously considering using t-mobile long term, you really need to re-evaluate your iPhone purchase and get another phone.

rjwill246
Sep 10, 2007, 01:39 PM
You're right, they are leaps and bounds up from ATT. I've never had any troubles with Tmo and Cingular/ATT has always been complete garbage.

That is NOT everyone's experience. T-mobile reception was very poor in my last US region and Cingular was excellent so I don't think a universal panning of any ONE carrier is reasonable. ATT deserves a lot of credit for having backed the iPhone when Verizon passed on it and missed a great opportunity. I would hate to reward THEM for sitting on the sidelines. Despite all the fanfare about 3G, I have never got the download speeds that it purportedly can do, and EDGE hasn't been as bad as I thought... yes, it sure could be better!

I can't imagine that ATT will lose many US customers but the one thing that might have averted the need to unlock was to have eliminated the roaming tax. Automatic switching to another network with only local charges could have been worked out with ATT and foreign carriers and it is no great engineering feat to have the iPhone recognize that it is not in an ATT area and function with another carrier, as it now does, but with NO roaming tax.

In any case, the unlock was inevitable. Apple really wins with universal usage and ATT probably will lose little or nothing at all.

ozthegweat
Sep 10, 2007, 06:26 PM
At the beginning of the video it says that you have to have your iPhone activated before you start the unlocking process. So that means you can only unlock an iPhone that has already be activated with AT&T? So you have to get the contract anyway?:confused:

stadidas
Sep 10, 2007, 06:36 PM
At the beginning of the video it says that you have to have your iPhone activated before you start the unlocking process. So that means you can only unlock an iPhone that has already be activated with AT&T? So you have to get the contract anyway?:confused:

They mean that you must have unlocked the phone to point where you can use all the inbuilt apps (iPod, Safari etc). The AT&T SIM does not need to be activated. The SIM card that you wish to use with the phone must be.

DeathChill
Sep 10, 2007, 07:05 PM
You can activate your iPhone with the appropriate tools (for free) and then unlock it with the unlock software.

Infact, the first set of unlocking software has been sent out (250 licenses).

ngdesign
Sep 10, 2007, 07:34 PM

Nope.. i think they meant "Jailbreak" activate it

yogamonkey
Sep 10, 2007, 08:05 PM
Done!

Thanks to www.iphoneworldwideunlock.com

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1033/1357430060_71ef57f3b5_b.jpg

Check hackint0sh for more details. My userid there is macmonkeypaul

aerospace
Sep 10, 2007, 09:38 PM
been with tmobile 3 years and never had a dropped call. of course i dont call much but 100% effective is pretty good. does anyone know what happens when you use the iphone on tmobile prepaid? can you use the net? i'm think i'd prefer to not be charged for it and just use it for ipod , phone and camera...

edit for those of you buying go with the austrailia version they only charge $50

phungy
Sep 10, 2007, 09:42 PM
Done!

//snip

I would go to hackint0sh but I don't have an acct to view the thread.

Could you answer the following?

1) How fast did you get the license?
2) How long did the unlock process take?
3) What did you use to activate the iPhone?

That's all I can think of now. Thanks in advance!

pake
Sep 10, 2007, 09:57 PM
This is NOT A REAL UNLOCK. First, I'm not going to pay that much money to unlock a phone (100$), since phones should not be locked in the first place anyway; and second, you can only get this solution in 6, 7 countries? What happened to the other 186?

The day anyone can download a shareware application that can be downloaded anywhere there is internet access, and for a decent price... then the iPhone-unlocking-bussiness will have sense.
I think I'll have to wait for a) someone to hack this solution and post the code on the web, b) iphoneunlocking.com to come up with a better solution or c) Apple unlocking the iPhone. Let's hope the last one happens for Christmas this year! (not 2012 :( )

phungy
Sep 10, 2007, 10:08 PM
Ok, some of you need to chill out. There are licenses for $50, forget about the $100, we all know it is a rip-off.

yogamonkey
Sep 10, 2007, 10:09 PM
I would go to hackint0sh but I don't have an acct to view the thread.

Could you answer the following?

1) How fast did you get the license?
2) How long did the unlock process take?
3) What did you use to activate the iPhone?

That's all I can think of now. Thanks in advance!

1) I was the first customer to get the licence, so for me it was fast!
2) The unlocking process using the software itself took minutes. 4 max. Getting the software onto the phone in the first place took me hours. I am not an experienced hacker!
3) iFuntastic and Independence

And in terms of the whole 'this should be free' argument, I paid less than £25 ($50) for the software which is much cheaper than being locked into a contract with a provider I don't want.

pake
Sep 10, 2007, 10:19 PM
1) I was the first customer to get the licence, so for me it was fast!
2) The unlocking process using the software itself took minutes. 4 max. Getting the software onto the phone in the first place took me hours. I am not an experienced hacker!
3) iFuntastic and Independence

And in terms of the whole 'this should be free' argument, I paid less than £25 ($50) for the software which is much cheaper than being locked into a contract with a provider I don't want.

It seems an iPhone is becoming my next iPod, I'll start the arrangements... :)

TheChillPill
Sep 11, 2007, 02:01 AM
1) I paid less than £25 ($50) for the software which is much cheaper than being locked into a contract with a provider I don't want.

Well said! For everyone that is complaining about the price of this, remember you have a choice - you're not being forced to pay for something.

ozthegweat
Sep 11, 2007, 03:51 AM
you can only get this solution in 6, 7 countries?

This is the internet, I thought I'd be able to buy this app from anywhere in the world? Why do you say it's restricted to certain countries?

yogamonkey
Sep 11, 2007, 04:52 AM
This is the internet, I thought I'd be able to buy this app from anywhere in the world? Why do you say it's restricted to certain countries?

It's not restricted in any way. I think it's just that the resellers are from those countries but the solution is worldwide.

dalvin200
Sep 11, 2007, 04:57 AM
if you have your phone software unlocked, then if a new version of the software is released by Apple, is it possible that they can re-lock it?

Or is that not really Apple's responsibility? More for the network operator instead?

Markleshark
Sep 11, 2007, 05:43 AM
if you have your phone software unlocked, then if a new version of the software is released by Apple, is it possible that they can re-lock it?

Or is that not really Apple's responsibility? More for the network operator instead?

It looks as if it could possible Apple can re-lock it. However, iphonesimfree have said updates against this will be free.

phatspider
Sep 11, 2007, 07:08 AM
Done!

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1033/1357430060_71ef57f3b5_b.jpg

Paul - you're a lucky man to be number 1 on the list - i'm somewhere in the first 1500 people - so awaiting my signal from Trash

phatspider
Sep 11, 2007, 07:09 AM
This is NOT A REAL UNLOCK. First, I'm not going to pay that much money to unlock a phone (100$), since phones should not be locked in the first place anyway; and second, you can only get this solution in 6, 7 countries? What happened to the other 186?

The day anyone can download a shareware application that can be downloaded anywhere there is internet access, and for a decent price... then the iPhone-unlocking-bussiness will have sense.
I think I'll have to wait for a) someone to hack this solution and post the code on the web, b) iphoneunlocking.com to come up with a better solution or c) Apple unlocking the iPhone. Let's hope the last one happens for Christmas this year! (not 2012 :( )

a) its only 60 Aus $ if you buy from the Aussi guy Trash - and secondly its available in any country with the internet - which i'll think you'll find is probably most of the 186!

SPUY767
Sep 11, 2007, 09:03 AM
$99? Kiss my ass. I'll wait until someone either a) posts it for free, or b) it shows up on a torrent site. Oh wait, I've been with Bell South Mobility cum Cingular cum at&t for 16 years, so I don't care, but 99$ can still kiss my ass. Price should be at most $29.

telegix
Sep 11, 2007, 09:35 AM
There's no reason to pay $99 bucks for the unlock when you can get it for $49 as well.. Here is the link:

http://www.unlockiphoneworldwide.com/

phungy
Sep 11, 2007, 09:37 AM
Unlock code is out = free. Check hackint0sh forums.

Markleshark
Sep 11, 2007, 11:05 AM
Hehe, forums are down, I guess lots of people want that.

phungy
Sep 11, 2007, 11:06 AM
Hehe, forums are down, I guess lots of people want that.

I put it on OiNK, so whoever has OiNK can get it from me :)

KYBOSH
Sep 11, 2007, 11:10 AM
Unlock code is out = free. Check hackint0sh forums.

I cant get to the forum from work but what do you mean the unlock code is out?

Are you talking about the IPSF software or a free code that has popped up since yesterday?

Thanks

Markleshark
Sep 11, 2007, 11:10 AM
I seeeeeeeee. Check your PMs. ;)

phungy
Sep 11, 2007, 11:16 AM
I cant get to the forum from work but what do you mean the unlock code is out?

Are you talking about the IPSF software or a free code that has popped up since yesterday?

Thanks

Yes the IPSF software. Right now the only problem is with a serial number. The guys over at hackint0sh is working on it.

I tried attaching the simfree.zip but I can only upload ~200kb and the file is 800kb

EDIT:

I put it up on my FTP: Link (http://plaza.ufl.edu/phungy/simfree/SimFree.zip). Have fun!

ctplante
Sep 11, 2007, 12:22 PM
Thanks Phungy for the link, but when I try to open the file it cannot open the application because it's not supported on the system. Am I doing something wrong?

Naimfan
Sep 11, 2007, 12:40 PM
Ditto!

On thanks for the link, and not being able to open it.....same error.

Bob

phungy
Sep 11, 2007, 02:42 PM
Thanks Phungy for the link, but when I try to open the file it cannot open the application because it's not supported on the system. Am I doing something wrong?

Ditto!

On thanks for the link, and not being able to open it.....same error.

Bob

Because you're not suppose to open the app in OSX. It needs to be opened within the iPhone.

Taken from hackint0sh forums:

"You just need to SCP that file onto your Applications folder on the iPhone.

* Use Independance to Jailbreak & Install SCP etc.
* Enter a static IP address on the iPhone like 192.168.0.3 and .2 on your Mac provided both of them are on the same WiFi
* Use Fugu & connect to the iPhone through the Mac. Username "root" password "dottie"
* Drop that downloaded file onto the Applications folder. Done."

They have lots of step-by-step threads. I'll try to find the one that seems the easiest and I'll repost that here or even link it.

Naimfan
Sep 11, 2007, 02:48 PM
aha! That would explain it! Thanks!

freddiecable
Sep 11, 2007, 03:24 PM
this is great! have a friend going to NY. question - you don't have to sign for a "plan"? you only have to enter apple store and buy one? no strings attached?

liketom
Sep 11, 2007, 03:36 PM
Because you're not suppose to open the app in OSX. It needs to be opened within the iPhone.

Taken from hackint0sh forums:

"You just need to SCP that file onto your Applications folder on the iPhone.

* Use Independance to Jailbreak & Install SCP etc.
* Enter a static IP address on the iPhone like 192.168.0.3 and .2 on your Mac provided both of them are on the same WiFi
* Use Fugu & connect to the iPhone through the Mac. Username "root" password "dottie"
* Drop that downloaded file onto the Applications folder. Done."

They have lots of step-by-step threads. I'll try to find the one that seems the easiest and I'll repost that here or even link it.

as i said in PM that's the best way i've seen all day to get the file on ;)

all night - 5 resets and alot of angry moments but yours took less then 5 min lol

just waiting for my imei to be authorised now

pdpfilms
Sep 11, 2007, 03:56 PM
So is this just the software? Isn't registration with iPhoneSimFree required, as the software checks with their servers?

(i.e. is this a complete workaround requiring no $$?)

liketom
Sep 11, 2007, 04:00 PM
So is this just the software? Isn't registration with iPhoneSimFree required, as the software checks with their servers?

(i.e. is this a complete workaround requiring no $$?)

no this is just to get the software on - i'm assuming that people want to put it on in the hope that it can be tricked into unlocking.

but i've paid and i'm in the 2nd round of unlocks so anywhere from right now to 48hours for me to wait

phungy
Sep 11, 2007, 04:04 PM
as i said in PM that's the best way i've seen all day to get the file on ;)

all night - 5 resets and alot of angry moments but yours took less then 5 min lol

just waiting for my imei to be authorised now

That's great to hear that those steps work. Keep us updated when the IMEI gets authorized.

I find it funny that hackint0sh keeps crashing haha.

liketom
Sep 11, 2007, 04:19 PM
still waiting - here's the waiting list as it stands

for info

List 1: First 250 - SENT
List 2: 1250 - Waiting clearance to send to pre ordered list - ETA 3 hours
List 3: 1500 - Ordered and being paid for. You would have ordered in the past 24 hours.
List 4: 1500 - Order will be placed Thursday for these.

SpookTheHamster
Sep 11, 2007, 04:24 PM
It seems (according to the painfully slow hackint0sh forum) that they've got a free unlock now working.

liketom
Sep 11, 2007, 04:25 PM
It seems (according to the painfully slow hackint0sh forum) that they've got a free unlock now working.

please post it i'm unable to get on to the hackintosh forums

Dalien
Sep 11, 2007, 04:26 PM
I see on ebay the 8gb unlocked phone selling about 800$... wow what a nice profit

phungy
Sep 11, 2007, 04:31 PM
I'm not able to log onto hackint0sh either.

pdpfilms
Sep 11, 2007, 04:35 PM
please post it i'm unable to get on to the hackintosh forums

This is as far as I can get...
http://att.macrumors.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=84738&stc=1&d=1189546524

pdpfilms
Sep 11, 2007, 04:42 PM
PAGE 3:

Today, 09:54 PM #21
pendalf

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_gts
if it is done then where is it?

hold on, he said soooooon

-

*??l?*?? ?????? ???|?????? ???? ?????????? ???????? ?|??? ? ?????? *??l?*

Today, 09:59 PM #22
pipas@intra.co.mz

yaaaaaaaiiiii
can beleive this. You guys are the best. The best

Today, 09:59 PM #23
teamare2006

dear the_gtl wait wait there should be a touchup to the software so that noob person can understand it and able to unlock the phone
if you had wait till now just wait for few more hout

congrulation to the Dev Team for your sucess you had shown them who is the boss out here

Today, 10:52 PM #24
Da Fox!

Wow

Thats the best new of the month!

Today, 11:26 PM #25
Number1Stunna

IN-****IN-CREDIBLE!!!!

AWESOME NEWS!!!!!!!!!

Man, TRASH is gonna be pissed ;-)

liketom
Sep 11, 2007, 04:45 PM
the forums are on there knees - how did you manage to crawl on there - what's the solution ? a modded App? or a fake server ?

neeeeeddd moooorre info:D

o well £25 down the drain

pdpfilms
Sep 11, 2007, 04:47 PM
PAGE 1:

Today, 09:34 PM #1
Draken

Free Software Unlock Is Ready
It will be uploaded very soon ! I will paste the link here. Keep watching@!

Today, 09:38 PM #2
pendalf

how have you done it
record time!

-

Today, 09:38 PM #3
nasko

Record for the history #iphone.unlock @ undernet CET

Sep 11 20:38:35 <guest184> bootloader checks that dword at end of flash (end secpack)
Sep 11 20:38:38 <Draken> think they made it change the version on the bb to like 999, so if something trys to upgrade, it thinks its new ?
Sep 11 20:38:51 <geohot> guest184, keep explaining
Sep 11 20:39:30 <geohot> a0020410 is blank in the loader
Sep 11 20:39:36 <guest184> and if there NOTHING in flash file at that position - i repeat - that is IMHO - it accepts flashfile is valid
Sep 11 20:39:49 <guest184> of course, flash must be erased too
Sep 11 20:39:49 <geohot> wow, thats a big bug

and later...

* br- (~br@static-66-225-153-161.ptr.terago.ca) has joined #iphone.unlock
<zappaz> IT WORKS!!!
<JC_unlckd> WHAT????
<florin_m> ???
<zappaz> guest184, flash write works
<zappaz> at least, with their loader
<JC_unlckd> wow
<Draken> WTF
<nasko> Doux Jesus :-)
<JC_unlckd> wow!
<zappaz> I'm going to try a modified copy
<Draken> nice !
<JC_unlckd> done then!
<zappaz> guest184, testing now
<drh> Did anyone find what their patched nor uses as the password for AT+CLCK?
<zappaz> I modified the "IPHONESIMFREEV1" tag
<zappaz> it works
<guest184> DONE
<zappaz> so guys, this is our way in!
<JC_unlckd> arghhhhhhhhh!
<dizztro> how wierd, on 9/11 of all days
<JC_unlckd> wow

<zappaz> ok everybody, start posting everywhere! make sure nobody else pays for IPSF!
<JC_unlckd> well done you 2!
<florin_m> respect
<Mads_> zappaz
<dizztro> great job man
<Mads_> pm me
<SwiftDog> somebody fill me in!!
<dizztro> much respect
<Draken> zappaz, is it possable to edit the VERSION on the bb aswell ?
<trogdorr> zappaz, you havent unlocked your phone yet
<Mads_> so we can upload this to a place
<Draken> zappaz, is it possable to edit the VERSION on the bb aswell ?
<Mads_> ASAP
<trogdorr> dont go so fast
<SwiftDog> Draken what's done?
<zappaz> let me make this clear.. you can write to bb flash. ANYTHING is possible now.
<zappaz> its just a few hours before we have a freeware unlock
Last edited by nasko : Today at 10:12 PM.

Today, 09:39 PM #4
hamed

They have found a bug in baseband that make it possible to write anything to baseband. It's very easy....

This means free software unlock

Today, 09:39 PM #5
MexicanSnake

Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:

Today, 09:40 PM #6
crazyscoo

Hy good work!!!

Please upload it THXXXX

Today, 09:42 PM #7
ssbands04

how long are we talking here?

i have an SAT tutor in 45 minutes

Today, 09:42 PM #8
LuB

dude if you did it... man.. i'll give you my sister for that

Today, 09:43 PM #9
pendalf

i love this guys!!!

-

Today, 09:44 PM #10
bayerische

great stuff

pdpfilms
Sep 11, 2007, 04:49 PM
I dunno, patience i guess. It loads for me, just takes a loooong time.

liketom
Sep 11, 2007, 04:52 PM
keep us updated and make a play for the link for us macrumors members ;)

liketom
Sep 11, 2007, 04:57 PM
gizmondo's got in on the action

http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/breaking/independent-iphone-free-software-unlock-achieved-298825.php

the saga continues :D what a roller coaster ride this is :eek:

phungy
Sep 11, 2007, 05:29 PM
Engadget's keeping up with it too, or so it seems.

I was juggling between the BlackBerry Curve 8320 or iPhone, had leaned towards the Curve cause of the issues the simfree.app was having but if Dev Team can actually make it work, I may place an order for the iPhone next week!

cynerjist
Sep 11, 2007, 05:41 PM
if this holds up, we are going to be happy.

i hope they can get us the instructions as soon as possible.

hackintosh still barely loading...

liketom
Sep 11, 2007, 05:44 PM
still waiting for my PAID unlock - but this is great news

might be a late night for me:p

phungy
Sep 11, 2007, 05:50 PM
hackint0sh forum is loading but VERY slowly. I'm trying to get into the "free software unlock is ready thread"

EDIT: Got in, trying to read the other pages.

This is an excerpt from page 1:

EDIT 2: Read page 3. Nothing special yet...

stadidas
Sep 11, 2007, 05:51 PM
still waiting for my PAID unlock - but this is great news

might be a late night for me:p
Same deal here. In the UK, so this may not come out before I go to bed, and I don't expect my license through any time soon. Would love to go into the office tomorrow with a working iPhone.

liketom
Sep 11, 2007, 05:53 PM
Same deal here. In the UK, so this may not come out before I go to bed, and I don't expect my license through any time soon. Would love to go into the office tomorrow with a working iPhone.

oh yes , wipe the smile off them Nokia N95 owners :D

stadidas
Sep 11, 2007, 05:56 PM
oh yes , wipe the smile off them Nokia N95 owners :D

I don't think anyone in my office has one, we have taste :) .

Eric Lewis
Sep 11, 2007, 06:27 PM
Yes the IPSF software. Right now the only problem is with a serial number. The guys over at hackint0sh is working on it.

I tried attaching the simfree.zip but I can only upload ~200kb and the file is 800kb

EDIT:

I put it up on my FTP: Link (http://plaza.ufl.edu/phungy/simfree/SimFree.zip). Have fun!

how do u install this?

stadidas
Sep 11, 2007, 06:38 PM
how do u install this?

Install Installer.app ( http://iphone.nullriver.com/beta/), and download the BSD Subsystem and OpenSSH from it. Then, follow this (http://www.hacktheiphone.com/74/iphone_using_fugu_mac_74.html) guide. The SSH login is root and the password is dottie. You then drag the iPhoneSIMFree software into the Applications folder on the phone. You may also want to install Community Sources and rSBT through Installer.app so that you can put the iPhoneSIMFree app on your home screen.

alljunks
Sep 11, 2007, 06:52 PM
i think the iphonesimfree software has been unlocked.

http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/a-given/dvd-jon-and-others-but-not-the-dev-team-reverse-engineering-the-iphone-sim-free-unlock-298465.php

Eric Lewis
Sep 11, 2007, 07:03 PM
like 24hours after release!

now how the ****** do install apps? hmmmm

stadidas
Sep 11, 2007, 07:04 PM
Free unlock software: Link (http://www.deadbeef.cn/files/iUnlock.zip). Official guide coming soon.

Mirror 1 (http://rapidshare.com/files/55044435/iUnlock.zip.html)
Mirror 2 (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=FMI6OEE9)

uegwen
Sep 11, 2007, 07:07 PM
Anyone managed to get the download? I would certainly appreciate an alternate link since it seems rather over run at the moment.

Eric Lewis
Sep 11, 2007, 07:09 PM
i have it...whats ur email?

stadidas
Sep 11, 2007, 07:10 PM
When you unzip the file it appears to be a video - I have no idea what to do with it yet.

Eric Lewis
Sep 11, 2007, 07:11 PM
HERE (http://ericlewis91.googlepages.com/SimFree.zip)

uegwen
Sep 11, 2007, 07:25 PM
Free unlock software: Link (http://www.deadbeef.cn/files/iUnlock.zip). Official guide coming soon.

Mirror 1 (http://rapidshare.com/files/55044435/iUnlock.zip.html)
Mirror 2 (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=FMI6OEE9)

Thanks, appreciate it!

cynerjist
Sep 11, 2007, 07:26 PM
this is great thanks for posting links...

how to proceed now with the iUnlock file?

Eric Lewis
Sep 11, 2007, 07:28 PM
this is great thanks for posting links...

how to proceed now with the iUnlock file?

EVERYONE

SEE THIS THEARD

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?p=4167403#post4167403

madbad01
Sep 13, 2007, 12:44 PM
I used http://iphoneworldwideunlock.com/ and I just unlocked my iPhone. It actually worked perfectly and was super easy! I'm now using my iPhone in Australia on the Teltra network! I've also tested the iPhone with Optus, Vodafone and Virgin and they all worked too! Wi-Fi, YouTube and all those features are also still functional!

If you want your iPhone unlocked I highly recommend
http://iphoneworldwideunlock.com/

Good Luck!! :)

hidehide
Sep 14, 2007, 01:53 PM
Does anyone know will a refurb iphone work too?
I might want to buy the refurb one, and wait till a perfect working unlocking software..
In the meantime, without unlock = you can do nothing with the iphone??

tivoboy
Sep 14, 2007, 04:33 PM
So, unlocking the phone.

Has anyone been able to just buy a phone, and run the SIM unlock and never do the ATT activation? Is that the process?

jaubele
Sep 14, 2007, 11:54 PM
I did exactly what http://woomwireless.com and I have it running in Mexico City with telcel.

very happy!!!!!