PDA

View Full Version : 15" Are Gone At My Apple Store...

Rezet
Aug 16, 2003, 05:34 PM
I just went to official apple store in CT, and get this, They are out of and not selling 15" powerbooks. When I asked them, he said that they only have one left, the one that was on display...
And get this. He said they expected the delivery last week of 15" but non arrived....

Well it could mean 3 things...

1. Exactly nothing...
2. Apple store is going out of business here.
3. Updates coming up.

You decide...

beefcake
Aug 16, 2003, 06:13 PM
Updates, definitely. Too bad they came too late for me.

cb911
Aug 16, 2003, 09:29 PM
yeah, i'm sure updates are coming. at my closest reseller they were out of 15"s a couple of weeks ago, even the display model was being loaned out. the guy there said that the 15"s had been really popular lately. they've got another shipment of 15"s in there now... maybe Australia is just a bit behind the rest of the world. everyone here still thinks that the current 15" is new tech. :p :D

jzieske
Aug 16, 2003, 09:52 PM
Last night at local Apple Store in Minnesota they still had several on display and while there, I saw at least 2 people walking out with new TiBooks.

Who knows anymore.... even Steve is not sure by now probabally.

applemacdude
Aug 18, 2003, 04:52 PM
Updates on tuesday....

Rezet
Aug 18, 2003, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by applemacdude
Updates on tuesday....

Do you know it or speculate? :)

OutThere
Aug 18, 2003, 05:23 PM
4. The shipment was delayed:mad:
5.Dual g6 powerbooks will be announced tomorow:D

Juventuz
Aug 19, 2003, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by Rezet

I think it's safe to say it was speculation....

Maybe later this week though.

MacBoyX
Aug 19, 2003, 03:17 PM
I dont know if it means anything but the last time I was at the Apple store in King of Prussia, PA, there were NO 15" PowerBooks on display. Not a single one. The PB table just had a 12 and 17.

And there used to be one hooked up to a ACD and that was now a 17...

I thought it odd but figured oh well...

MacboyX

jxyama
Aug 19, 2003, 03:30 PM
it's fairly understandable... if one didn't know any better about the product age and compared the raw specs on 15 and 12 PB, 15 would look really appealing based on price. i imagine many people are turned off by the smallness of 12" screen and the vastness (in both size and $$$) of the 17" and go for 15.

hope the update is coming up soon... i don't need one myself, but a friend of mine wants one pretty badly...

Lanbrown
Aug 20, 2003, 08:22 AM
Originally posted by Rezet

He never said what Tuesday.

Apple should just announce the things and sell them when they are ready. It seems as if most places are either out or are low on stock. People know they are coming and if people actually know the specs and approximately when they will be available for sale, they can makeup their mind if they want to wait or not.