PDA

View Full Version : Preparing for the iPod Touch: 2 iPods, 1 library

superspiffy
Sep 10, 2007, 03:18 PM
How would two iPods work when they're sharing the same iTunes library? I have a 30 GB 5th gen and planning on purchasing the 16 GB iPod Touch. Obviously I wouldn't want to sync some music to the Touch that I would otherwise sync to the 5th gen. I already have iTunes setup so everything that's checked will automatically sync to my 5th gen. But when I do get the Touch I want to set it up so that everything with 4 stars or above will get checked and sync with the Touch while everything 3 stars or above will gets checked with the 5th gen. While I know I can set the iPods to only sync smartplaylists program base on rating, I want to have my entire collection of other playlist for both iPods. Hope that makes sense

gloss
Sep 10, 2007, 03:37 PM
Just create a smart playlist and set that as the only playlist to sync for the Touch.

Or do it manually.

balamw
Sep 10, 2007, 03:38 PM
Playlists, smart or not, are the way to go.

I now have 5 iPods each syncing different selections from my library.

B

superspiffy
Sep 10, 2007, 03:43 PM
But do you have to manually uncheck and check your playlists for each iPod as they sync every time? Or would they remember?

balamw
Sep 10, 2007, 03:45 PM
But do you have to manually uncheck and check your playlists for each iPod as they sync every time? Or would they remember?

They remember. Each iPod has its own set of playlists that stick with it.

B

superspiffy
Sep 10, 2007, 04:47 PM
Then I'm so onboard!