PDA

View Full Version : iPod touch hidden App?

darksol360
Sep 10, 2007, 06:01 PM
We saw it with the iPhone, could it be with the iPod touch as well? Check it out in our blog.

http://macnewbtube.wordpress.com/2007/09/10/new-ipod-touch-hidden-app/

Schnebar
Sep 10, 2007, 06:06 PM
I doubt it will be a VoiP app.

I think it will come but Apple wouldn't make it.

At&t would be too pissed.

gloss
Sep 10, 2007, 07:04 PM
Notes, plz?

aethelbert
Sep 10, 2007, 07:11 PM
Notes, plz?
I second that "please." I wouldn't mind if they gave us Weather, stocks, mail, and maps as well. But I might just have to get those off of a hacker...

There's easy money that Apple could make with this, but it's up to them if they want people to pay for the apps or hack them off of the iPhone.

wildcardd
Sep 10, 2007, 07:21 PM
Or it could just be the fact that there are 7 apps at release and that is how they are arranged on the touch.

In the future there could be more added that will fill that space (and all the empty space below).

Pure speculation...move along.

gnawbone
Sep 11, 2007, 05:44 AM
Apple has made it clear that eventually when you enter a Starbucks that an icon will appear on either you iPhone or iPod.

It seems to me that this "missing app" spot would be a nice place to put it .........

Markleshark
Sep 11, 2007, 05:54 AM
No, that appears in the iTunes Wi-Fi store when your in a starbucks

kwood
Sep 11, 2007, 06:03 AM
It won't be VoIP. The iPod tough does not have a microphone, there may be a third party company that makes one eventually. However I do not see Apple releasing a function for a product without the hardware to support it.

shoelessone
Sep 11, 2007, 08:39 AM
It won't be VoIP. The iPod tough does not have a microphone, there may be a third party company that makes one eventually. However I do not see Apple releasing a function for a product without the hardware to support it.

I agree, and love your avatar (I've seen every single episode of MacGyver).

That said, although I would bet 100$ that even IF a new app is released, that it WOULDN'T be a VoIP client, it is possible that the headphones released with the touch have a built in mic or something of the sort.

EssentialParado
Sep 11, 2007, 09:17 AM
We saw it with the iPhone, could it be with the iPod touch as well? Check it out in our blog.

http://macnewbtube.wordpress.com/2007/09/10/new-ipod-touch-hidden-app/

God, I knew there would be some idiot who thought the blank space meant there was something hidden…

What about all that blank space below those icons?? OMG it must be nine more hidden apps! :O

kwood
Sep 11, 2007, 09:31 AM
I agree, and love your avatar (I've seen every single episode of MacGyver).

I'll admit, I bought all 7 season of Macgyver. I can't get enough of it.

God, I knew there would be some idiot who thought the blank space meant there was something hidden…

What about all that blank space below those icons?? OMG it must be nine more hidden apps! :O

I too, was sadly waiting this thread as well.

darksol360
Sep 13, 2007, 02:37 PM

Sorry, but just a speculation, it happened with YouTube and the iPhone... don't know why people get so up in arms about it... :confused:
Anyway, If the iPod touch takes off like the iPod, I think Apple knows that having OS X (even in its "lite" form) on the Pod can produced some very profitable and innovative situations for the market, and portable computing/media.

gloss
Sep 13, 2007, 02:57 PM
I just don't see the logic in NOT offering these apps, even for a small fee, when people are just going to hack the damn things on there anyway and Apple won't see a single penny for it.