Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MattyMac

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 6, 2005
NJ/NYC
I wish apple would of done something different with the back of the new iPods. Just got my new nano today (which is flippin' SWEET and everyone should buy one) and again it is extremely prone to those tiny little scratches from just about anything. A little bit upsetting.

ctakim

macrumors 6502
Oct 12, 2006
I wish apple would of done something different with the back of the new iPods. Just got my new nano today (which is flippin' SWEET and everyone should buy one) and again it is extremely prone to those tiny little scratches from just about anything. A little bit upsetting.

Because......its an iPod?:D

Seriously, this has been a hallmark of these devices for a long time.

MattyMac

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 6, 2005
NJ/NYC
Because......its an iPod?:D

Seriously, this has been a hallmark of these devices for a long time.

Very true...but they took away the main part of the iPod...the color! There is no more WHITE!!!

I do wish they could put some coating on the back or something.

Readma

macrumors newbie
Sep 3, 2007
Watered down clear nail polish works quite well for preventing scratches.

Water the nail polish down until its pretty much water and then brush a coat of this over the back. Do this 2-3 times and it will protect it from scratches. Try this at your own risk though. If you **** up your ipod don't bitch to me.

MattyMac

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 6, 2005
NJ/NYC
Watered down clear nail polish works quite well for preventing scratches.

Water the nail polish down until its pretty much water and then brush a coat of this over the back. Do this 2-3 times and it will protect it from scratches. Try this at your own risk though. If you **** up your ipod don't bitch to me.

Yeah...for some reason I don't think I'll be trying that. Thanks for the tip though. I'd much rather throw on an invisible shield or bestskinsever.

Did you try it? If so, please post pics :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.