PDA

View Full Version : Realistically, how easy will it be to get apps on the iPod Touch

Zwhaler
Sep 10, 2007, 10:28 PM
I, like 9 out of 10 people who have ordered the iPod Touch, think it would be nice if it had a few more apps (weather and stocks as an example). We've seen it done on the iPhone, so I am asking realistically how easy will it be to get stuff like stocks, weather, and notes (maybe maps and mail too, generally iPhone apps) to my soon to be iPod Touch without ruining the thing and without slowing it down a bunch because of it being hacked. Thanks

edit: of course, while i'm typing this thread someone else posts the answer i'm looking for. But still, I want to know peoples experiences and how they think this will turn out

nirvana06
Sep 10, 2007, 10:44 PM
I, like 9 out of 10 people who have ordered the iPod Touch, think it would be nice if it had a few more apps (weather and stocks as an example). We've seen it done on the iPhone, so I am asking realistically how easy will it be to get stuff like stocks, weather, and notes (maybe maps and mail too, generally iPhone apps) to my soon to be iPod Touch without ruining the thing and without slowing it down a bunch because of it being hacked. Thanks

edit: of course, while i'm typing this thread someone else posts the answer i'm looking for. But still, I want to know peoples experiences and how they think this will turn out

I think its 10 out of 10 people, who would not want more apps? I'd say though 1-10 scale (10 being the hardest and 1 the easiest), a 3. Pretty much everybody will be able to do it in 5-10 minutes. It will take around a week after the release to have a somewhat good software package that does everything, where you don't need an iPhone.

Zwhaler
Sep 10, 2007, 10:45 PM
I think its 10 out of 10 people, who would not want more apps? I'd say though 1-10 scale (10 being the hardest and 1 the easiest), a 3. Pretty much everybody will be able to do it in 5-10 minutes. It will take around a week after the release to have a somewhat good software package that does everything, where you don't need an iPhone.

Yeah that was kinda what I was expecting (and hoping). When I said 9 out of 10, I meant 1 out of 10 people being happy with whats on it. Sounds good!

sblasl
Sep 10, 2007, 11:06 PM
Unless they did something different with the iPod touch and hardcoded everything into the ROM.