PDA

View Full Version : How will the Touch fare with my school's network security?

jmack549
Sep 10, 2007, 11:37 PM
My school's campus requires us to download a program (Clean Access Agent), before we can get online. However, we can get access for 1 hour without it. Does this mean I'll just have to keep getting off and on to stay online? Will this work?

sblasl
Sep 10, 2007, 11:41 PM
It will for awhile until the IT folks get tired of it & just block the device entirely.

My school's campus requires us to download a program (Clean Access Agent), before we can get online. However, we can get access for 1 hour without it. Does this mean I'll just have to keep getting off and on to stay online? Will this work?

jmack549
Sep 10, 2007, 11:56 PM
Dang...my friend's iPhones work flawlessly. I am worried about getting one now...

PygmySurfer
Sep 11, 2007, 12:08 AM

Apparently, Cisco Clean Access Agent only supports Windows, so I guess it'll either deny you access or ignore you completely.

By chance have you ever plugged a Mac into the school's network?

jmack549
Sep 11, 2007, 12:17 AM
It's wireless, so I've never "plugged in", but plenty of people in my classes have Mac's and don't seem to have a problem.

Darkwingduck23
Nov 30, 2008, 03:54 AM
Dang...my friend's iPhones work flawlessly. I am worried about getting one now...

the iphone has AT&T as a provider for the net, not the school's.

iParis
Nov 30, 2008, 04:01 AM
Hmm... that's tricky.
I would just get the touch and find out.
If I'm connected to my schools server on my iPod touch I will not be able to go to any sites blocked.
It is just like I'm on one of their computers.
Although, if I really wanted to go to a specific site that is blocked I know several ways around it.
Yay for being in my schools computer tech class.

the iphone has AT&T as a provider for the net, not the school's.

He probably meant when his friend turned on his iPhone's wifi.