Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

aaquib

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 11, 2007
Toronto, Canada
Cover flow is a new thing to me, and I have 14gb of music, so my iPod nano for all songs are just blank with no cover. :mad: I put in the 50 cent CD and tried doing "find album artwork" on iTunes, but it says: Could not find: Various artists - curtis.

Are there any programs that can do this for me? :confused:

Thanks in advance. :D

Bern

macrumors 68000
Nov 10, 2004
Australia
I found simply Googling it under "images" always found the cover art. Just copy image to desktop and drag it onto the album's artwork box.

~J~

macrumors 6502
Jul 27, 2007
3rd Rock from the sun
Do you have to type in every single album in?

You highlight the song(s) you want to assign the album art to, goto the dashboard, type in the band or album you are looking for, then hit apply. Oh, and repeat as necessary for all other albums. Its really easy to use, and one of the fastest ways ive seen.

aaquib

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 11, 2007
Toronto, Canada
You highlight the song(s) you want to assign the album art to, goto the dashboard, type in the band or album you are looking for, then hit apply. Oh, and repeat as necessary for all other albums. Its really easy to use, and one of the fastest ways ive seen.

Sounds good, but I just remembered, Im stuck with Windows :(

drater

macrumors 6502a
Oct 6, 2005
The bowels of CT
Do you have to type in every single album in?

no, you just the iTunes icon, and whatever is playing it will look for the art work. Just make sure you do two things, choose the "info" button and make sure it "operating on: playing album" or it will just make the album art for the song playing, not the album. Also, if it can't find your album art don't just google it right away, it might not be reading it right, just put in the name of the artist, click the little button on the top right of the album art and it will bring up a bunch of album art for that artist.

it is certainly worth the free download: http://www.apple.com/downloads/dashboard/music/amazonalbumart.html

flying dog

macrumors newbie
Sep 5, 2007
I found simply Googling it under "images" always found the cover art. Just copy image to desktop and drag it onto the album's artwork box.

There's a faster way - just drag the image over into the album art window from Safari. No need to save the pic on your desktop.

Tom B.

macrumors 65816
Mar 22, 2006
London
I think you have the wrong idea about iTunes' "Get Album Artwork". It does not involve the CD in any way. It automatically does your whole Library at the same time. Maybe you should change the album artist for Curtis to 50 Cent, as iTunes won't find it if you put "various artists".

shunpike

macrumors regular
Nov 17, 2006
Oxford, UK
Aww man, Im going to have to do that with like 3000 songs :mad:

I wish there was a program that would do it automatically by the album's name.

you don't!
Just find the album artwork (josher thing or google images etc) then right click on the full sized image and select copy then go into itunes select all the songs in the apropriate album and right click and then select get info - click YES at the prompt and then go to the INFO tab and in the box for album artwork on the righ hand side just right click and past then click OK - i'll add the Artwork to all the songs you originally selcted, much easier than doing them one at a time!

hope this helps!

Shunpike

Cheese&Wine

macrumors newbie
Nov 5, 2007

OMG this worked so well for me!! my cover flow is BEAUTIFUL
thank you :):apple:

OdduWon

macrumors 6502a
Jul 4, 2006
CaliVerse
Cover flow is a new thing to me, and I have 14gb of music, so my iPod nano for all songs are just blank with no cover. :mad: I put in the 50 cent CD and tried doing "find album artwork" on iTunes, but it says: Could not find: Various artists - curtis.

Are there any programs that can do this for me? :confused:

Thanks in advance. :D

Most ALBUM art finders work by referencing the length, and number of songs in album, down to fractions of a second. I've had trouble finding single songe before, because as a cd is ripped it's track lengths are lenghtened or shortened slightly. this can make it hard to match unknown track names by using the track length as an id marker.
OR, more likley, more of your information is incomplete or incorrect for the songs who's art your seeking. A organized library, is a functional library ;)

Exodemia

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2007
The best album art cover finder is CoverScout made by Equinux. I've got it and it's bloody excellent! You can go through all your albums with an Amazon or Google search either using Album and Artist Name or Album only and it's dead simple to use. It also has a lot of other options too such as applying iTunes artwork to all individual files, categorizing compilations etc. I highly recommend this program and wouldn't use anything else.

Bobioden

macrumors 68000
Sep 23, 2007
Denver
For Windows the best program I found was iTunes Art Importer. Very simple, fast and never fails to find the correct cover.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.