Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jesusplay

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 6, 2007
SOUTH
like best buy, circuit city will they get the ipod touches on the 28th?

i'd rather not order online if they will have the ipods....

(no theres no apple store in louisiana:mad:)

one more question. how to pay for next day shipping at apple with the ipod touch?:D

aethelbert

macrumors 601
Jun 1, 2007
Chicago, IL, USA
Just because they ship on the 28th doesn't mean that all of the stores will have them. It might be early in the week of 1 October before those third party retailers get them. Apple's stores might even take that long.

woods1110

macrumors member
Feb 1, 2007
Best Buy

Best Buy's website advertised that they would be getting the nano's today. Sure enough, I went by and picked up my wife's blue nano (amazing, btw). Their website says the Touch will be released on 10/1/07 which is a monday. I fully expect them to get them on that day. No way I would be stupid enough to order one and have to wait an additional two weeks, but that is just me.

squeeks

macrumors 68040
Jun 19, 2007
Florida
plus they may run out, which is why i ordered online, because im not sure when i would get a chance to get to the store, it most likely wouldn't be before they could ship it to me

AppleFan08

macrumors member
Aug 28, 2007
The apple store near my house (Arden Fair, Sacramento) guaranteed they'd have the Touchs in when they open on the 28th, and maybe even a day or so earlier. So around the 26th ill start calling to see if they got them in.

aethelbert

macrumors 601
Jun 1, 2007
Chicago, IL, USA
The apple store near my house (Arden Fair, Sacramento) guaranteed they'd have the Touchs in when they open on the 28th, and maybe even a day or so earlier. So around the 26th ill start calling to see if they got them in.
Ok, but Apple employees over the phone have guaranteed that they would be in stores now. Just don't get your hopes up for the 26th and get upset when it takes a few more days. Most Apple employees (from the stores I've been in) seem to be clueless about anything that they are not selling at that very moment. But if you get it earlier, you can be pleasantly surprised.

jcnyc

macrumors newbie
Jul 8, 2007
New York City
Ok, but Apple employees over the phone have guaranteed that they would be in stores now. Just don't get your hopes up for the 26th and get upset when it takes a few more days. Most Apple employees (from the stores I've been in) seem to be clueless about anything that they are not selling at that very moment. But if you get it earlier, you can be pleasantly surprised.

Checked my order status online today. Says will ship by Sept 28 and will arrive by Oct 2nd - 4th.

AppleFan08

macrumors member
Aug 28, 2007

Oh believe me, I'm not getting my hopes up for the 26th, 27th or the 28th. Im definitely not sitting here counting down the weeks, days, hours and minutes until they arrive lol. Im only saying i will call to see if they even have them before i go racing down there on the 28th. However i am somewhat confident with the 28th. I talked to both geniuses, and about 5 employees (in person), all seemed to be confident, but who knows.

Also, what apple store have you called where employees guaranteed they were in stores now?

gadgetgirl85

macrumors 68040
Mar 24, 2006
I talked to the apple store about my order and they said the 28th, no earlier and I ordered the very first day

Chundles

macrumors G5
Jul 4, 2005
I talked to the apple store about my order and they said the 28th, no earlier and I ordered the very first day

Shipping should hopefully start on the 28th, I reckon it'll be a few days or more before they're in stores and we've been told to expect product constraints through till at least Christmas.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.