PDA

View Full Version : Girlfriend got a 12" iBook - My Impressions

KBFinFan
Aug 17, 2003, 10:44 PM
I am so eager to make the switch now.

We got the iBook at the local Apple Store and I put in the Aiport Card and 512MB more RAM when we got back. After a little trouble getting on the WEP Encrypted WiFi Network in the house we were set.

I just have to say everything went so smoothly, everything worked perfectly. The iBook is a zippy little fella w/ all that RAM and handled everything I threw at it w/ ease.

Now, my dilemna is what do I switch to? I yearn for a G5 because I love Desktops... but her laptop is so much fun.. a 15" Powerbook when they are updated?

Must... be.. patient..

Thanks Guys

tazo
Aug 17, 2003, 11:43 PM
If you were pleased with the design/performance/overall of the ibook with airport and extra ram, save yourself some money and go down the ibook route. :)

Jerry Spoon
Aug 18, 2003, 02:46 AM
If you really want the portability, then I'd wait for the update coming soon (fingers crossed) but if not, then go g5. I can't wait to get my hands on one when I visit my local apple store this week (fingers crossed)

Don't I type amazingly well with all these fingers crossed ;)

RandomDeadHead
Aug 18, 2003, 05:54 AM
We have three iBooks at the office, and we love them. But not a day goes by that I don't wish that we had spent the extra cash and gotten power books. If you think her iBook is great, then you will LOVE a powerbook!

KBFinFan
Aug 18, 2003, 07:36 AM
That was my exact reasoning.. if I thought the iBook was cool than the Powerbook must be amazing.

Well if a 15" is announced this week I think I'm going for it.

Ambrose Chapel
Aug 18, 2003, 07:55 AM
this has been going on for awhile, but signs now seem to point to PB updates this week, and apple likes tuesdays...so you may not need to wait for long!

.a
Aug 18, 2003, 08:18 AM
go with the g5 . probably you'll experience a new way of computing . laptops are great, but for everyday use I prefer a desktop, a computer, where i do not have to freak out about every new scratch . though powerbook are nice -> get 'em both !!!
.a