Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Gus

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 1, 2002
Minnesota
Saw this news story about Best Buy and RealNetworks:

http://apnews.excite.com/article/20030818/D7T04US01.html

You can't tell me this won't get Steve-o a little rankled. Finally made a deal with them to sell Macs, and then they launch their own music service promotion with Real. Maybe it's no biggie, but if I were Steve, I wouldn't be happy about it.

Regards,
Gus

pretentious

macrumors regular
Sep 4, 2002
"Reality"
This just sounds like BestBuy and Netflix agreement where they just toss some DVD cases w/ coupons up where you find the DVDs, you get these free if you sign-up for the service at the store. Nothing new really just w/ music this time.
Ever since iTMS has came out I thought it would be best if Apple went after the B&M retail market and really pushed selling music threw their retail outlets, and maybe some kiosks through out some malls. They could offer $10 burned CDs and show how easy it is to use iTunes, the Music Store, and Macs in general. People would love it since they're being able to mix and match there own music, and getting it sometimes $10 cheaper than the place right next door.

G4scott

macrumors 68020
Jan 9, 2002
USA_WA
This is going to be another thing they try to pass off to you as you walk out the door. It's going next to the AOL and MSN CD's.

I hope no Mac buyers are fooled by it, because you know that Best Buy is going to try to sell it to them...

themadchemist

macrumors 68030
Jan 31, 2003
Chi Town
well, however harmless this is, best buy is just not a company worth trusting.

better to buy from circuit city. I wish circuit had a deal with apple. I can't stand to buy from best buy.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.