Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

erandall38

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 24, 2007
I have been able to connect to Fugu countless times to my iPhone.

I just did a restore and downloaded installer.app with BSD and openSSH and now it give me the message in the subject line... anyone know what it means?

And is there some program out there that is very reliable on connecting to SSH all the time. Cyberduck has never worked for me and Fugu just stopped witht his message. Am I doing something wrong?

racemize

macrumors member
Jul 2, 2007
it just means that your iPhone is reporting itself with a new key. If you go to ~/.ssh and delete the file "known hosts" it will go away. You know what the device is, so the warning doesn't apply in this case.

darngooddesign

macrumors P6
Jul 4, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Go into your user folder and hit CMD + Shift + G and type ".ssh". Delete the known hosts file. Next time you ssh on your phone it will query you if its ok.

ntrigue

macrumors 68040
Jul 30, 2007
Go into your user folder and hit CMD + Shift + G and type ".ssh". Delete the known hosts file. Next time you ssh on your phone it will query you if its ok.

THANK YOU! I knew what I had to do and could not locate "known_hosts"

I was in Terminal rm "homefolder"/.ssh/known_hosts

raseri

macrumors newbie
Feb 16, 2008

No folder exists when I follow those instructions, I tried it in several places. Any other ideas? I keep getting the same error "Remote Host Changed." I have also deleted all the previous data from Fugu.

enter

rm -f ~/.ssh/known_hosts

into 'terminal' on the Mac, return <---- worked first try

Applows

macrumors newbie
Dec 11, 2008
Thanks darngooddesign. I tried it, and it worked. For those who couldn't find the file, please try these steps:

1/ Double click Macintosh HD on your Desktop

2/ On the left side of the box, under Places, and click on your user name (mine is mac). This will take you to your home folder.

3/ At your home folder, do a key combination <command> + <shift> + <g>. A "Go to the folder:" box will pop up. Type .ssh in the box then hit <return>. This will take you to the known_hosts file. From here, you can delete this file.

I hope this help.

ellsworth

macrumors 6502a
Jun 13, 2007

Just a heads up. I had this problem today and what darngooddesign said worked. Thanks a lot. Saved me opening a new thread ;)

MST

macrumors 6502
Dec 3, 2007
Surrey, UK

Sorry to drag up an old post but this has just helped me SSH back into my ATV2 after a little hiccup, cheers ;)

bobright

macrumors 601
Jun 29, 2010
Worked great for me. Thanks!

I forgot these exact steps; I wasn't in my user folder when I tried CMD+SHIFT+G. So my advice just saved my own butt. Too funny.

Can somebody explain to me how to do this? I have Forklift and I cant get into my iPhone 5 getting this error. Where is this "user folder"? Im new to Macs I was able to pull up the find folder command via finder but it doesnt find anything?

Leetut

macrumors newbie
Jul 27, 2012

thanks dude THIS WORKED

i dont do terminal (thats why i bought an imac, Mr Jobs said "its just easy")!!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.