PDA

View Full Version : iPod touch order status changed

sdfd504
Sep 13, 2007, 04:17 PM
My iPod Touch 8gb order status changed to being Prepared for Shipment. Looks like they might be shipping tomorrow. :D

mithykal
Sep 13, 2007, 04:20 PM
My iPod TOuc 8gb order status changed to being Prepared for Shipment. Looks like they might be shipping tomorrow. :D

ooh! mine still says Not yet shipped, then again I am in the UK, obviously America will get it before us...you always do :(

viccles
Sep 13, 2007, 04:21 PM
ooh! mine still says Not yet shipped, then again I am in the UK, obviously America will get it before us...you always do :(

Join the club, I'm in Australia :(

Offe
Sep 13, 2007, 04:23 PM
Join the club, I'm in Australia :(

Count me in, Im in Sweden:(

nirvana06
Sep 13, 2007, 04:27 PM
good to see that they are tarting to ship at least....mine has not changed yet, im in Toronto, Canada.

magicjames92
Sep 13, 2007, 04:28 PM
im in us, no change = photoshop! :p:D

sdfd504
Sep 13, 2007, 04:30 PM
im in us, no change = photoshop! :p:D

Nope no photoshop here. I just wish it would get here soon. :D

viccles
Sep 13, 2007, 04:31 PM
Nope, mine hasn't changed :(

Markleshark
Sep 13, 2007, 04:32 PM
Boo you Apple. I can't believe America win again.

mithykal
Sep 13, 2007, 04:34 PM
Boo you Apple. I can't believe America win again.

I can :mad:

Markleshark
*Laughs* Yeah. i**** you Europe.

mari0
Im not really that jealous at all if they are going to ship, pay day is at the end of the month and if they start shipping now they will be in retail stores by the end of the month so i can go and collect it by hand :)

gloss
Sep 13, 2007, 04:36 PM
I'm in the US, no changes here. Also no stores with them in stock, even though I've got two bleedin' Apple Stores within 15 minutes driving range.

Mtirv
Sep 13, 2007, 04:42 PM
I'm in the US, no changes here. Also no stores with them in stock, even though I've got two bleedin' Apple Stores within 15 minutes driving range.

And three other ones not too far away :p
Checked them yet?

caMi
Sep 13, 2007, 04:54 PM
Neato! No change on my order. Hoping for tomorrow. :D

gloss
Sep 13, 2007, 04:57 PM
And three other ones not too far away :p
Checked them yet?

Nah, I know my luck. If I found one, it would create one of two situations.

1) I'd cancel my online order, go there, and they'd be out.
2) I'd keep my online order, go there, buy one, and by the time I come home Apple will have shipped my online order.

grahamtearne
Sep 13, 2007, 05:00 PM
Simple solution:
Goto the Apple store, make sure they have them in stock, if they do just head over to the nearest Mac and cancel your online order at the store, head back over to the tills and hand over the cash ;)

2) I'd keep my online order, go there, buy one, and by the time I come home Apple will have shipped my online order.

Mtirv
Sep 13, 2007, 05:01 PM

Haha, that's a very good point.

Simple solution:
Goto the Apple store, make sure they have them in stock, if they do just head over to the nearest Mac and cancel your online order at the store, head back over to the tills and hand over the cash

Good solution is win.

infectbda
Sep 13, 2007, 05:05 PM
Mine has switched to Preparing to Ship. God bless America.

Markleshark
Sep 13, 2007, 05:08 PM
God bless America.

No comment.

Anyway, it's bed time. Enjoy everyone. :)

..Vector..
Sep 13, 2007, 05:12 PM
With a bit of luck ours in the UK will change status tomorrow :D

JohnnyQuest
Sep 13, 2007, 05:16 PM
My 16GB iPod touch: not yet shipped.

nirvana06
Mine has switched to Preparing to Ship. God bless America.

8GB or 16GB?

davidcb13
when did you guys whos status change order it? I ordered mine at about 5pm on the day of the keynote and mine shows no change.

infectbda
Sep 13, 2007, 05:17 PM
when did you guys whos status change order it? I ordered mine at about 5pm on the day of the keynote and mine shows no change.

I ordered about 3PM Central time (2PM Eastern).

infectbda
Sep 13, 2007, 05:18 PM
8GB or 16GB?

8GB. I think I may be one of the few getting the 8.

harry454
Sep 13, 2007, 05:19 PM
What shipping option did you pick? payed or free?

infectbda
Sep 13, 2007, 05:20 PM
What shipping option did you pick? payed or free?

The free option. Past experience has led me to believe that these big launch products get to US destinations as fast with free shipping as with the faster option.

nirvana06
Sep 13, 2007, 05:23 PM
maybe they are shipping 8GB first :mad:

zea mays
Sep 13, 2007, 06:08 PM
I think the 8gb must be shipping first.

I ordered before the store even came back up (over the phone) and mine isn't prepped for shipping yet :(

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v622/niccikatie/notyetshipped.jpg

astrostu
Sep 13, 2007, 06:09 PM

Seems to be the case. My 16 GB hasn't changed.

bigmac7
Sep 13, 2007, 06:12 PM
I ordered an 8GB a few days ago and mine has not changed! This kinda makes me mad that they get in stores before preorders even ship.

Hoopdy
Sep 13, 2007, 06:14 PM
Ordered an 8gb Sep. 7th. Nothing new on my order...'Not Yet Shipped'

jacktiernan
Sep 13, 2007, 06:14 PM
I think the 8gb must be shipping first.

I ordered before the store even came back up (over the phone) and mine isn't prepped for shipping yet :(

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v622/niccikatie/notyetshipped.jpg

Could be coz yours is engraved? I don't know how muc time that adds to the order, but i guess it could be 12-24 hours.

FINGERS CROSSED FOR SHIPPING TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :):D:):D:):D :apple:

zea mays
Sep 13, 2007, 06:20 PM
Could be coz yours is engraved? I don't know how muc time that adds to the order, but i guess it could be 12-24 hours.

It absolutely could be the engraving too. It just seemed as though it was the 8gb that were shipping.

Doesn't really matter to me, though. I'm leaving in the AM but will be back next wednesday. Sounds like it may beat me home!

Fezwick
Sep 13, 2007, 06:31 PM

Don't think so. My 16 GB touch is being prepared to ship.

bigmac7
Sep 13, 2007, 06:34 PM

How come it still says ships by September 28th though?? Or is that the latest date it would ship and it can ship earlier than that?

caMi
Sep 13, 2007, 06:38 PM

When did you order?

zea mays
Sep 13, 2007, 06:41 PM

Must be the engraving then!

Fezwick
Sep 13, 2007, 06:44 PM
How come it still says ships by September 28th though?? Or is that the latest date it would ship and it can ship earlier than that?

Yep. The 28th is the latest it will ship. Could ship before that.

When did you order?

As soon as the online store came back up after they keynote.

FreeState
Sep 13, 2007, 06:47 PM

Just wanted to say "prepared to ship" does not always mean its shipping. When I ordered iWork and iLife with in a day it said "prepared to ship" - but it did not leave Apple for another 2 days - even worse once FedEx got it they held on to it for two days (Im in San Diego and it shipped from just north of L.A. - usually that comes in less than one day).

So - moral of the story - "prepared to ship" means well, sometimes, nothing...

Xavier
Sep 13, 2007, 06:53 PM
My 16gb is not ready and i am getting engraving.

Come on guys lets show a little patience! I KNOW its hard :P

Schnebar
Sep 13, 2007, 06:56 PM
My 16gb is not ready and i am getting engraving.

Come on guys lets show a little patience! I KNOW its hard :P

Yeah same.

the engraving is worth a day or two.

I ordered it like an hour after the store was up so I hope it ships within the next few days.

Anytime before sep 28th and I am happy.

seh80
Sep 13, 2007, 07:03 PM
http://myskitch.com/seh80/skitched-20070913-190206.png

Depressing. I ordered mine within 24 hours of the apple store coming back up. Paid for the fast shipping too.

NotFound
Sep 13, 2007, 07:06 PM
[QUOTE=seh80;4177360]http://myskitch.com/seh80/skitched-20070913-190206.png

Is this a widget?

Where do I find this?

appleguy
Sep 13, 2007, 07:08 PM
Count me in, Im in Sweden:(

and me
I am from New Zealand

nirvana06
Sep 13, 2007, 07:10 PM
http://myskitch.com/seh80/skitched-20070913-190206.png

Depressing. I ordered mine within 24 hours of the apple store coming back up. Paid for the fast shipping too.

did that change? or was yours always like that? Ships by Oct 5?

SirCrumpet
Sep 13, 2007, 07:16 PM
Is this a widget?

Where do I find this?

http://mikepiontek.com/software/mac/delivery-status.html

seh80
Sep 13, 2007, 07:18 PM
It has always said October 5th. I don't understand as I saw people that ordered after me get a Sept 28th ship date. I didn't even get it engraved. :confused:

Football1maniac
Sep 13, 2007, 07:24 PM
Mine's a 16 GB and its no engraved and I even payed the extra 10 bucks to get it here fast and it still hasn't shipped yet! Im on the phone Apple, I'll update you guys as it goes along:apple:

gloss
Sep 13, 2007, 07:25 PM
I cancelled my order. I'll wait until it shows up at the Apple store and do it that way.

How annoying.

jmack549
Sep 13, 2007, 07:26 PM
I am kind of upset about this. If I had known I could just go buy one that's what I would have done. Dang it.

queshy
Sep 13, 2007, 07:27 PM
I ordered a 16 gb a few hours after the keynote and my ship is 28th...but its supposed to deliver from the 8-11th of October! :eek::eek::confused:

This sucks. I didn't get engraving either.

Glenn Wolsey
Sep 13, 2007, 07:58 PM
Nope no photoshop here. I just wish it would get here soon. :D

What widget is that?

Hecklerdanny
Sep 13, 2007, 08:02 PM
FYI - My girlfriend just called me and told me that her status had been changed to "Prepared for Shipment." Her and I both pre-ordered 16GB models as soon as the Apple online store came back up after the Keynote. Mine still only says "Not Yet Shipped."

viccles
Sep 13, 2007, 08:10 PM
I rang the Apple shop here and they still said the 28th :(

NotFound
Sep 13, 2007, 08:12 PM
Called Apple, spoke to Dereck, and now I have been expedited to two day shipping for free and my iPod Touch is "Prepared for Shipment"!!!!

ONE HAPPY CUSTOMER *cha ching* :apple:

viccles
Sep 13, 2007, 08:14 PM
I want to know the minute someone OUTSIDE of the US has their status changed to prepared for shipping

caMi
Sep 13, 2007, 08:15 PM
Called Apple, spoke to Dereck, and now I have been expedited to two day shipping for free and my iPod Touch is "Prepared for Shipment"!!!!

ONE HAPPY CUSTOMER *cha ching* :apple:

what did you say to get them to upgrade it?

NotFound
Sep 13, 2007, 08:22 PM
I just said when I made a "pre-order" I was under the impression that my order would be filled before or at the same time as everyone else and I didn't understand why my friend in NYC was able to waltz into an Apple Store and walk out with an iPod touch while I sit here empty handed.

And I was very polite and joking with him, if you're gonna call don't be one of those customers.:rolleyes:

astrostu
Sep 13, 2007, 08:24 PM
Boo-yah! (Or however the expression goes.)

In the hour since I last checked, my 16 GB Touch that I ordered at around 1:30 mountain time on the 5th has changed to "Packed for Shipment." :D

NotFound
Sep 13, 2007, 08:25 PM
Boo-yah! (Or however the expression goes.)

In the hour since I last checked, my 16 GB Touch that I ordered at around 1:30 mountain time on the 5th has changed to "Packed for Shipment." :D

screen shot?

Sir. Cheesecake
Sep 13, 2007, 08:31 PM
I just said when I made a "pre-order" I was under the impression that my order would be filled before or at the same time as everyone else and I didn't understand why my friend in NYC was able to waltz into an Apple Store and walk out with an iPod touch while I sit here empty handed.

And I was very polite and joking with him, if you're gonna call don't be one of those customers.:rolleyes:

Defiantly dont have a fit it when talking to any customer service. You would be amazed at what kind words and a lighthearted attitude would give you.

Called apple and the lady was unable to confirm a ship date even with slightly pushing her i got the " It supposed to ship the 28th but well it could ship sooner " answer but checked back online and my order now says prepared for shipment. I was one of the later preorders on the 5th btw.
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e177/gagnefan4435/woot-1.jpg
Im stoked that it should be coming early next week.

dancho
Sep 13, 2007, 08:41 PM
Yep "order not yet shipped" in New Zealand, paitence is a virtue, something that Apple is trying to teach to it's customers.

viccles
Sep 13, 2007, 08:43 PM
Yep "order not yet shipped" in New Zealand, paitence is a virtue, something that Apple is trying to teach to it's customers.

Yes, its a pain isn't it :mad:

know-it-all5
Sep 13, 2007, 08:46 PM
from what we can all see and hear.... ITS WORTH THE WAIT!

astrostu
Sep 13, 2007, 08:53 PM
screen shot?

Attached.

seh80
Sep 13, 2007, 09:00 PM
Well I called, thought it couldn't hurt. It didn't help either. My Oct 5th shipping date stands. I thought at the very least I could be bumped up to Sept 28th but no luck. Oh well...

caMi
Sep 13, 2007, 09:03 PM
I called and got FREE overnight shipping!

I was very polite on the phone. Maybe that helps.

NotFound
Sep 13, 2007, 09:05 PM

Woot for politeness

Woot for freebies

Woot for :apple:

bklam
Sep 13, 2007, 11:31 PM

what did u say?

how come pre-orders are not first and stores are receiving their ipods?

caMi
Sep 13, 2007, 11:36 PM
what did u say?

how come pre-orders are not first and stores are receiving their ipods?

Just asked him the status of my order, he said it was not shipped.

I told him I knew of some guys locally that had gotten iPods today and that I was a little upset it has not even shipped yet since I pre-ordered several days in advance... Then I asked is there anyway you could upgrade me to expedited shipping for free?

He said sure!

Never even knew Apple had overnight shipping!

http://img296.imageshack.us/img296/104/picture2ry2.png

Schnebar
Sep 13, 2007, 11:39 PM
He said sure!

Did you just call?

I just tried and they said call again and they are only there 5am-8pm

I called 1800-myapple

did I do something wrong?

eidt: ohh I see you called at around 7

bklam
Sep 14, 2007, 12:15 AM
Just asked him the status of my order, he said it was not shipped.

I told him I knew of some guys locally that had gotten iPods today and that I was a little upset it has not even shipped yet since I pre-ordered several days in advance... Then I asked is there anyway you could upgrade me to expedited shipping for free?

He said sure!

http://img296.imageshack.us/img296/104/picture2ry2.png

Good job, thanks for the tip. I'll give apple a call tomorrow and see what they say.

PlayWithTV
Sep 14, 2007, 09:47 AM
I ordered at 7am on Sept 6th and mine status is still "Not yet shipped". And I am in the US.

Stang68
Sep 14, 2007, 10:41 AM
**** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** ****. This is such ********! I am so pissed, and I am sure all of you feel the same. My order status says "prepared for shipping" but we should have it NOW! I am never preordering again.

queshy
Sep 14, 2007, 11:17 AM
I just called Apple and explained to them that it didn't really make sense how I ordered just hours after it was announced (pre-ordered, of course) and yet other apple stores were already receiving the new iPods. I was very polite and so was he about the whole thing. He upgraded my shipping to expedited free of charge, which is fair, and he said that he can't do anything about the shipping date. I thanked him - I guess I'm happy :)

jch200
Sep 14, 2007, 11:26 AM
I just called Apple and explained to them that it didn't really make sense how I ordered just hours after it was announced (pre-ordered, of course) and yet other apple stores were already receiving the new iPods. I was very polite and so was he about the whole thing. He upgraded my shipping to expedited free of charge, which is fair, and he said that he can't do anything about the shipping date. I thanked him - I guess I'm happy :)

yeah, I just called and they said since it was "prepared for shipping" already they couldn't change the shipping, but they gave me a $15 off my next $100 purchase at the apple store, so I guess that's something. Hopefully it will ship soon though!

Stang68
Sep 14, 2007, 11:46 AM
do you guys think it will happen today?:o bc then we would all get it on monday!

sdfd504
Sep 14, 2007, 11:49 AM
I called to try and get some coupons or something because of the whole preordering ordeal and the lady basically said that there was nothing she could do and tried to BS her way to the end of the conversation.

caMi
Sep 14, 2007, 12:24 PM
I called to try and get some coupons or something because of the whole preordering ordeal and the lady basically said that there was nothing she could do and tried to BS her way to the end of the conversation.

call back, try again :)

Stang68
Sep 14, 2007, 01:00 PM
does anyone know if they will ship on the weekends?

Thanks!

Xavier
Sep 14, 2007, 01:11 PM
Probably won't ship weekends.

My iPod Touch 16gb just changed to Prepared for Shipment!!
YES

iketeru
Sep 14, 2007, 01:47 PM
i was hoping that after waking up this morning the status would be changed to "shipped", but i guess i'll have to wait another night... :(

meanwhile, i expect the touch to be hax0red by the time i get it in my hands (i'm assuming by this weekend we'll start to see some iPhone/homebrew apps on the touch). :) :apple:

parrotheadmjb
Sep 14, 2007, 01:50 PM
does anyone know when retail stores will begin shipping them?

queshy
Sep 14, 2007, 01:51 PM

My apple store order status still says not shipped and it doesn't even reflect the new delivery method. maybe they lied to me...

aidanpendragon
Sep 14, 2007, 02:08 PM
I like how, 24 hours ago, we were all stoked/fine with "ships by 28th," and thinking if we could have them BY the 28th, we'd be on top of the world.

Now we might have them on or before the 21st -- a week earlier! -- and everyone's furious. What a difference a day makes!

I say this being in the same boat as everyone else, having put the effort in to order instantly, etc. (worse - unable to get one from any of the half-dozen stores in the DC area). Even so, the world will go on turning.

zea mays
Sep 14, 2007, 02:49 PM
Mine now says "prepped for shipment"

solarguy17
Sep 14, 2007, 03:01 PM
does anyones say shipped yet?

probably alot of peoples will say shipped at the say time as a huge amount of them all go onto a plane to come to america.

Just hope there isnt to much lead in mine:eek:

dancho
Sep 14, 2007, 09:52 PM
In my personal experience, just because you have preordered something does not mean that you will be first to get it. It just means that they will have stock for you.

mahger
Sep 14, 2007, 10:10 PM
I ordered on the 5th at 5pm(CDT) and it said prepared for shipment yesterday. Still says the exact same thing, so I wouldn't be getting your hopes up about being shipped tomorrow:(

bigmac7
Sep 14, 2007, 10:27 PM
Apple is really making me angry right now. My 8GB touch is still at not yet shipped, I called apple AFTER i got an email saying Ipod Touches available in stores now, and the guy was like I have no idea what you are talking about we have not shipped any to any store and will not until Sept. 28th. WHAT IS GOING ON!!!?

SirCrumpet
Sep 14, 2007, 10:35 PM
Apple is really making me angry right now. My 8GB touch is still at not yet shipped, I called apple AFTER i got an email saying Ipod Touches available in stores now, and the guy was like I have no idea what you are talking about we have not shipped any to any store and will not until Sept. 28th. WHAT IS GOING ON!!!?

What is going on is that Apple is telling you that they will ship it to you as soon as they can, at some point on or before the 28th. If you don't like that response, you are more than welcome to concel your order and buy it from an apple store ;)

Skidz167
Sep 15, 2007, 12:06 PM
Mine still says not yet shipped too! BOO!! I want it now! :(

chounder
Sep 15, 2007, 12:48 PM
Hmmmm I'd say the Apple stores won. In the past, pre-orders always arrived before general release to retail locations. Now that the retail locations are Apple owned, online customers are coming in at like 5th place.... that's how I feel. Apple should have let us know that they would be released earlier at least, then we could have NOT ordered online... F*&^^InG Pre-Order.

Coke701
Sep 15, 2007, 03:17 PM
If you had your iPod Touch shipped with the expidited option you can now get that refunded by calling up the 1-800 #. I complained that I paid for the expidited shipping and now I can't even cancle the order b/c its ready for shipment. At least I avoid a trip to the store.
Also, nothing is going to be shipped before monday, according the rep on the phone.

chounder
Sep 17, 2007, 12:45 PM
Has anyone received and "Order Shipped" today (Monday, 9/17)?

sdfd504
Sep 17, 2007, 12:54 PM
Nope mine hasn't shipped yet. I hope soon but I am thinking later in the week.

TheSpaz
Sep 17, 2007, 01:38 PM
Mine hasn't shipped either... my card wasn't charged as well.

sdfd504
Sep 17, 2007, 01:40 PM
Well I just got off the phone with an Apple rep and I explained to him about my iPod Touch switching to preparing to ship but it hadn't shipped yet and that I could go to a local Apple store and pick one up now. He was really no help so I asked to speak to a supervisor and he really didn't want me to talk to him but I said that I would like to. After talking to the supervisor and explaining that it was ridiculous that I ordered right after the Keynote but I could go into the store and pick one up today. He said that he could either email me a return shipping label or that if I would still want the online order that he could drop the price $50 for the 8gb and that it would be shipping this week. So I said that was great and Thanks so much for the help. :apple: