PDA

View Full Version : iPod touch Unboxing Photos

Pages : [1] 2

kuebby
Sep 13, 2007, 04:58 PM
Here they are, I just bought this from the Apple Store in SoHo:

http://images.macrumors.com/article/2007/09/13/unbox.jpg

Photo 1 (http://images.macrumors.com/article/2007/09/13/attachment.php.jpg)
Photo 2 (http://images.macrumors.com/article/2007/09/13/attachment-1.php.jpg)
Photo 3 (http://images.macrumors.com/article/2007/09/13/attachment-2.php.jpg)
Photo 4 (http://images.macrumors.com/article/2007/09/13/attachment-3.php.jpg)
Photo 5 (http://images.macrumors.com/article/2007/09/13/attachment-4.php.jpg)
Photo 6 (http://images.macrumors.com/article/2007/09/13/attachment-5.php.jpg)
Photo 7 (http://images.macrumors.com/article/2007/09/13/attachment-6.php.jpg)
Photo 8 (http://images.macrumors.com/article/2007/09/13/attachment-7.php.jpg)
Photo 9 (http://images.macrumors.com/article/2007/09/13/attachment-8.php.jpg)

[admin edit: change image links to save the attachment server from getting overloaded]

Markleshark
Sep 13, 2007, 05:00 PM
Good start... We want moreeeeee! :D

harry454
Sep 13, 2007, 05:02 PM
Dude can you please try to jail break it http://www.hacktheipodtouch.com/

kuebby
Sep 13, 2007, 05:02 PM
Good start... We want moreeeeee! :D

Give me a minute, I have to update iTunes to 7.4.1 so I can sync.

To Harry: I saw your post in the other forum, I'll try to. Probably tomorrow.

OrangeCuse44
Sep 13, 2007, 05:03 PM
what size u get and how many were in stock?

why am i broke?!?!?!??!

Markleshark
Sep 13, 2007, 05:03 PM
Give me a minute, I have to update iTunes to 7.4.1 so I can sync.

Hurrah for you. *Jealous*

i0Nic
Sep 13, 2007, 05:06 PM
Pretty nice hey.

gusapple
Sep 13, 2007, 05:06 PM
Here they are, I just bought this from the Apple Store in SoHo:

"Wha?:mad::mad:, how did this happen??"- Steve Jobs, Sept. 13, 2007

kuebby
Sep 13, 2007, 05:07 PM
what size u get and how many were in stock?

why am i broke?!?!?!??!

16GB. There was a stack of them behind the counter. No cases though and the back is still a scratch magnet. Sadly, it got a little scratch on the back already.

nlivo
Sep 13, 2007, 05:09 PM
more pictures, more pictures, more pictures..............please.

JohnnyQuest
Sep 13, 2007, 05:14 PM
I am FILLED with jealousy. My 16GB iPod touch better ship soon...

rbroady
Sep 13, 2007, 05:18 PM
I got the third to last Touch from the soho store, guy before me got atleast 10, i was going to drop kick him if he had taken the last bunch:)

no pics yet becouse i just ditched one class and am off to another in 15 minutes

i wont open my baby until about 9ish:o

OrangeCuse44
Sep 13, 2007, 05:19 PM
note to self: never pre-order an Apple product.

rbroady
Sep 13, 2007, 05:20 PM
note to self: never pre-order an Apple product.

this very reason is why i did not pre-order

my gut instinct shines through yet agian!

cant wait to open it

zap2
Sep 13, 2007, 05:22 PM
very cool!

kuebby
Sep 13, 2007, 05:23 PM
What do you guys want pictures of? I can't get any unsecured wifi in my dorm so I can't take any pictures of the internet (sad).

pushateg7
Sep 13, 2007, 05:23 PM
and my first post.

Word on the not pre-ordering...I've learned my lesson on that.

Anyway, congrats on the purchase, looks hotttttt :cool:

yetanotherdave
Sep 13, 2007, 05:26 PM
As soon as apple's phone lines open (in UK) I'm calling up. I may be going on a surprise trip to my nearset (few hours away) apple store...

Zwhaler
Sep 13, 2007, 05:27 PM
Is it possible to cancel the preorder if I go and buy one instore?

Mtirv
Sep 13, 2007, 05:27 PM
I had the same feeling, so I didn't pre-order. Plus, I wanted to see some reviews from people who got it before I went and got it. Plus, I'm impatient as hell, and can't stand it when my order is shipped, but I could have just gone to a store and gotten it. :D

OrangeCuse44
Sep 13, 2007, 05:30 PM
question: how is this not on the front page yet?

javaGuru
Sep 13, 2007, 05:31 PM
Is wifi iTunes up and working on the iPod touch? Now that the iPod touch is out in the wild I wonder when the iPhone will be getting the update for wifi iTunes.

Eidorian
Sep 13, 2007, 05:32 PM
Now I need to get those iPhone applications if I want to move them over.

It's time to bug my coworker.

shoelessone
Sep 13, 2007, 05:34 PM
wow, double wammy!

kuebby
Sep 13, 2007, 05:40 PM
I got the best shots of the screen I could but it's hard because it reflects.

[admin edit: images added to 1st post]

javaGuru
Sep 13, 2007, 05:42 PM
wow, nice photos of the ipod touch. It looks very nice. I'm jealous, all i have is this stupid iPhone. j/k :D

nukiduz
Sep 13, 2007, 05:43 PM
nice pics kuebby. thanks.

what about the earphones? are they the same as regular iPods' ones? i guess there's no calendar write option... am i wrong?

shoelessone
Sep 13, 2007, 05:44 PM
OK, I just want to make sure:

Is it a glass screen, or is it plastic?

kuebby
Sep 13, 2007, 05:45 PM
nice pics kuebby. thanks.

what about the earphones? are they the same as regular iPods' ones? i guess there's no calendar write option... am i wrong?

Same headphones.

How do I know if it's glass or plastic?

infectbda
Sep 13, 2007, 05:45 PM

Throw it on the ground. What happens?

kuebby
Sep 13, 2007, 05:46 PM
Throw it on the ground. What happens?

Ok. It broke. Now what?

nukiduz
Sep 13, 2007, 05:47 PM
pcmag review says it's glass.

caMi
Same headphones.

The manual on Apple said it was Glass.

shoelessone
Ok. It broke. Now what?

if it shattered, then it's glas.

did it shatter?

trevorlsciact
Sep 13, 2007, 05:48 PM

It is glass, says so here (http://manuals.info.apple.com/en/iPod_touch_Features_Guide.pdf)

mari0
Sep 13, 2007, 05:48 PM
Glass should on touch should feel a lot smoother and more dense, plus will conduct heat or cold much quicker than plastic

techlover828
Sep 13, 2007, 05:51 PM
wow, nice, I haven't been on the forum for awhile, do they just have these as some stores before the release it?

Vader
Sep 13, 2007, 05:53 PM
Do you have a nike + running thing? If so, does it work with the iPod touch?

sblasl
Sep 13, 2007, 05:54 PM
Well you can rest assured it's on eBay.

I got the third to last Touch from the soho store, guy before me got atleast 10, i was going to drop kick him if he had taken the last bunch:)

Nice promotion for Corinne Bailey Rae. My Wife loves her music.

When will the Whiners & Newbies start demanding a credit because "if they knew they could get it quicker at the store instead of online, it would not have delayed their instant gratification?"

rmh
Sep 13, 2007, 06:38 PM
Now I need to get those iPhone applications if I want to move them over.

It's time to bug my coworker.

Actually, I used my friends iPhone and backed up a couple of them already. Which ones are you wanting?

EDIT:

I have Calendar, Mail, Maps, Stocks, and Weather

Eidorian
Sep 13, 2007, 06:40 PM
Actually, I used my friends iPhone and backed up a couple of them already. Which ones are you wanting?I don't have a touch yet and I won't for sometime. Thank you though.

syklee26
Sep 13, 2007, 06:48 PM
pre-order has started shipping. mine has shipped. hopefully it will arrive soon.

Prof.
Sep 13, 2007, 06:55 PM
Is the screen GLASS?!?!

Prof. :apple:

xwing1971
Sep 13, 2007, 06:56 PM
Okay the Touch is out. Where is the iTunes store for the iPhone??? Where is the $100 credit??? Come on, who is asleep at the wheel here. You let people have a stupid iPod touch with features that us who paid $599 don't have??? Hurry up dagnabit!

Eidorian
Sep 13, 2007, 06:56 PM
Is the screen GLASS?!?!

Prof. :apple:Yes it is.

It has been mentioned several times in this thread as well.

1. Read
2. Forum Search
3. Google

Johnpartridge
Sep 13, 2007, 06:59 PM
I can Confirm, The iPod Touch has a Glass Screen, same as used on the iPhone.

Ive spoken to Apple Support today, and they confirmed this for me.

John

Veritas&Equitas
Sep 13, 2007, 07:02 PM
Not to TC, but we know your name, we see your name beside your post; hence, you don't need a sig with your name in every post. Thanks

andyh2
Sep 13, 2007, 07:02 PM
I'm going to the local apple store tomorrow to pick one up :)

tonkaxxtuph
Sep 13, 2007, 07:03 PM
Hey Kueby,
No offense man...but did you take those with your camera phone? They look really bad dude. Get a tripod if you have to. Turn off flash when shooting directly into the face of the ipod.

TimJim
Sep 13, 2007, 07:03 PM
thats real nice, a little bit blurry/over reflection but still thats sick.

chrisdazzo
Sep 13, 2007, 07:04 PM
can anyone confirm that their order has shipped?

i paid $425 for this ipod, and i want mine NOW. this is complete bullcrap that people can just go out and buy these 10 at a time, while us pre-order people have to sit and watch while people post freaking pictures of their great new ipods.

i even talked to an apple rep at the online store, the guy was being a smartass! i asked him why apple was selling the ipod touch at apple stores, but pre-orders weren't shipping until the 28th of september. he replied with, and i quote,"Well, that's what the Apple store does. It sells Apple products." WHAT THE HELL?!

so anyways, as many people, i am quite miffed at apple for doing this, and just thought i'd voice my anger about it.

sucks, too, i'm a college student and i don't have a car, so even if i wanted to, i couldn't run out to the nearest apple store and get myself an ipod touch. boo, apple, for once, you SUCK.

Prof.
Sep 13, 2007, 07:04 PM
Yay... It's glass! I'm SO happy:D I hate scratches, I plan to get one in a month or two. Can't wait!

patseguin
Sep 13, 2007, 07:06 PM
Is it wrong that I want one even though I have an iPhone? ;)

viper002060
Sep 13, 2007, 07:07 PM
they're not seriously gonna wait til the 28th ship mine will they? i PRE-ordered
mine, so i should have got it b4 the stores did right?

iToaster
Sep 13, 2007, 07:08 PM
Crap, now I have to get $400 real quick.

mr_matalino
Sep 13, 2007, 07:11 PM
thats real nice, a little bit blurry/over reflection but still thats sick.

Yeah, get some pictures of the iPhone apps working please!!

thespazz
Sep 13, 2007, 07:12 PM
Crap, now I have to get $400 real quick.
Sigh, I want a 16gb too :(

javaGuru
Sep 13, 2007, 07:12 PM
Does anyone know if wifi iTunes is working on the iPod Touch now?

ChrisN
Sep 13, 2007, 07:13 PM
ok can anyone tell me if the itunes wifi store is up for that? and if so will there be an update for the iPhone?

happy2000hk
Sep 13, 2007, 07:14 PM

i paid $425 for this ipod, and i want mine NOW. this is complete bullcrap that people can just go out and buy these 10 at a time, while us pre-order people have to sit and watch while people post freaking pictures of their great new ipods.

i even talked to an apple rep at the online store, the guy was being a smartass! i asked him why apple was selling the ipod touch at apple stores, but pre-orders weren't shipping until the 28th of september. he replied with, and i quote,"Well, that's what the Apple store does. It sells Apple products." WHAT THE HELL?!

so anyways, as many people, i am quite miffed at apple for doing this, and just thought i'd voice my anger about it.

sucks, too, i'm a college student and i don't have a car, so even if i wanted to, i couldn't run out to the nearest apple store and get myself an ipod touch. boo, apple, for once, you SUCK.

I'm sure you will get it within a week or so. Does it anger you that much you get it a few days after others do? LOL. Afterall, you get free shipping and you get that extra convenience of getting it shipped to your mailbox. Not standing on any side, but Apple retail stores need to pay their rents and dues.

You sound like the rich guy who's like here's my money, now get over here NOW!! Just cause you have some money doesn't make you more powerful. You were okay with the Sept. 28th date when you ordered so don't complain.

Darkroom
Sep 13, 2007, 07:14 PM

whoa! chill out buddy... maybe you could be thankful that you are a college student who can actually afford an iPod touch...

Luigi239
Sep 13, 2007, 07:19 PM
When does Amazon usually get theirs? I ordered mine about a week ago from them and I'm still getting oct. 2 as the delivery date.

btaussie
Sep 13, 2007, 07:19 PM
Can some people just chill my iGod!

So what if it's like the best iPod ever, so what if your drooling over it with its striking finishes, smooth touch, clear videos, captivating sounds...

GOD DAMN IT! WHERE'S MY iPOD TOUCH APPLE! :p

Think about it though guys, it might be a blessing in disguise for the online order people. We get the store buyers to buy the iPod touch, test it for any faults, flaws, bugs etc. Then we know that what we are paying for is all good!

Having said that I still want my order now. In a world where I can order a pizza and have it delivered before the cops can arrive, Apple can deliver on time!!

Anyways, my two cents.
Peace.

Sonofhaig
Sep 13, 2007, 07:20 PM
I'm sorry. I'm not impressed with the picture quality. If I were taking the time to do this and post the pictures, I'd be sure the images were perfect. Especially since everyone wants to see details and not blurred closeups. Thanks anyway.......

jmack549
Sep 13, 2007, 07:23 PM
Beautiful...just beautiful. Does anyone have any pictures of it compared to everyday objects? Credit Card, Coke card, etc.

sblasl
Sep 13, 2007, 07:24 PM
Well I called this one at 5:54 PM today knowing exactly that there would be whiners such as yourself with this issue.

When will the Whiners & Newbies start demanding a credit because "if they knew they could get it quicker at the store instead of online, it would not have delayed their instant gratification?"

Football1maniac
Sep 13, 2007, 07:25 PM
Mine's a 16 GB and its no engraved and I even payed the extra 10 bucks to get it here fast and it still hasn't shipped yet! Im on the phone Apple, I'll update you guys as it goes along:apple:

magicjames92
Sep 13, 2007, 07:26 PM
I'm sure you will get it within a week or so. Does it anger you that much you get it a few days after others do? LOL. Afterall, you get free shipping and you get that extra convenience of getting it shipped to your mailbox. Not standing on any side, but Apple retail stores need to pay their rents and dues.

You sound like the rich guy who's like here's my money, now get over here NOW!! Just cause you have some money doesn't make you more powerful. You were okay with the Sept. 28th date when you ordered so don't complain.

ya i am really pissed, we should get ours before or at the same time as the stores. APPLE SUCKS RIght now!

macduke
Sep 13, 2007, 07:27 PM
Here's a novel idea...

I was just thinking about how everyone wants to get the iPhone apps over to the iPod and such, and how everyone is complaining about how the iPhone still doesn't have the iTunes Music Store. Well...couldn't we just copy wifitunes.app (or whatever its called) onto our iPhone from the iPod after it's jailbroken??

Yeah...problem solved!! Although I would now expect the iPhone update within days--I hope!

m-dogg
Sep 13, 2007, 07:28 PM
Makes me laugh when people complain about picture quality. The dude just got it and he snapped a few pics. Be glad that he took any time to share something with you.

If it was me, I'd be too busy using it to post anything...

(c'mon apple, ship my online store order...pleasssseeeee!)

syklee26
Sep 13, 2007, 07:29 PM

i can tell you mine has shipped.

yetanotherdave
Sep 13, 2007, 07:29 PM
Well I called this one at 5:54 PM today knowing exactly that there would be whiners such as yourself with this issue.

I'm pissed off with this too. Not only did I PRE-order, but there doesn't seem to be any activity with regards to this in the UK, so not only does my PRE order not get honoured, but it looks like the UK customers are being shat on again. At least in America you have the iPhone choice and now the touch too, we have nothing. I put my cash up over a week ago, and have nothing. Am I happy? Am I ****.

Wanh
Sep 13, 2007, 07:30 PM
When does Amazon usually get theirs? I ordered mine about a week ago from them and I'm still getting oct. 2 as the delivery date.

Yeah, that's what I'm wondering. I'm not going to complain though. I saved $25 in tax from buying from Amazon and I paid only $4 for overnight shipping. Lets hope we get ours within the next week or so

esbod
Sep 13, 2007, 07:30 PM
Just got off the phone with Minneapolis Apple stores, 4 total including
the Mall of America store. Sounds like most stores got 10, 16GB
iPod Touchs. I would suspect the MOA store had more inventory as
that is a "flag ship" retail location.

My pre-order, Order Date: Sep 5, 2007 at 12:23 PM PDT, has
"Not yet shipped".... :)

iQuit
Sep 13, 2007, 07:33 PM
None of these have engraving. :)

sblasl
Sep 13, 2007, 07:36 PM
So you are saying that your order was canceled? If so by who?

Remember:

"Designed by Apple in California"

Has your card been charged yet? If it hasn't been prepared for shipping, it hasn't cost you.

so not only does my PRE order not get honoured, but it looks like the UK customers are being shat on again.

At least in America you have the iPhone choice and now the touch too, we have nothing.

I put my cash up over a week ago, and have nothing. Am I happy? Am I ****.

Mtirv
None of these have engraving. :)

Which is a perfect way to not be able to return your ipod if you don't like it, make it never have resale value, make the back look bad, and delay shipping. :)

sikkinixx
I'm sorry. I'm not impressed with the picture quality. If I were taking the time to do this and post the pictures, I'd be sure the images were perfect. Especially since everyone wants to see details and not blurred closeups. Thanks anyway.......

must you make a comment like that? seriously... :rolleyes: people are such tits around here lately. If you don't like the pics then just don't say anything

trinket

The whole idea of a pre-order isn't that you get it BEFORE the retail stores. It is to make sure you actually have an ipod assigned to you because once they hit the stores, there is absolutely no guarantee that you will get one because they will sell out so fast! I have mine on order and it won't get here until the end of the first week in October (wouldn't be surprised if it was later than that - depends on how quickly Apple Australia receive their stock). Apple stores here take orders so even if they did get ipods before Apple shipped their orders, they would get so few in numbers it would hardly cover their orders and they would have none to sell over the counter until November/December!!
Am I anxious and pissed off that it couldn't be sooner? Not really. Yeah, I'm excited about it arriving, but I have gone this long without an iPod touch - a few more weeks won't really make a difference! Like someone else said - think yourself lucky that you are a college student who can actually afford an ipod touch! Get some damn perspective!

nismo
Sep 13, 2007, 07:37 PM
I don't think this is a mistake from :apple: This would be too huge of a mistake. I think they were just ready to be shipped earlier then they thought

Football1maniac
Sep 13, 2007, 07:38 PM
Just got off the phone with an Apple Representative. She said that ALL online orders are on backorder, and that they SHOULD ship before the 28th. Even put me through to a retailer in Orlando, and they had about 30 of them in. Hmm, another day, more customers upset at Apple.:D:apple:

chadamorrill
Sep 13, 2007, 07:40 PM
I was at the Apple store in Orlando today and they had some on display. Played with one for a good 20 minutes, and some guy said "is that the new iPhone?" Wanted to slap him in the face. Then thought... "I really want an iPhone... stupid calendar app..."

I digress... what you really want to know is if the wifi music store is up. I can tell you it is. Obviously didn't buy a song, but you can browse and search, and preview, etc.

Also noticed that in safari, the keyboard will only let you type in input fields, meaning, that posting a reply in macrumors will NOT work (at least, I'm guessing). I logged onto my gmail account and could type a "to" address and a "subject" but being that the "message body" is an html text box, and NOT a true "input" field, I could NOT type in the message body! Sucks, yeah? At least in GMail, you can change to a text only message format, and it lets you type in the "body" then (changed to a real text input box). Thought to myself, "wow that sucks.... man I really want an iPhone now..."

Any other questions? like i said, I played with it for a good 20-25 min. let me know.

Football1maniac
Sep 13, 2007, 07:42 PM
I was at the Apple store in Orlando today and they had some on display. Played with one for a good 20 minutes, and some guy said "is that the new iPhone?" Wanted to slap him in the face. Then thought... "I really want an iPhone... stupid calendar app..."

I digress... what you really want to know is if the wifi music store is up. I can tell you it is. Obviously didn't buy a song, but you can browse and search, and preview, etc.

Also noticed that in safari, the keyboard will only let you type in input fields, meaning, that posting a reply in macrumors will NOT work (at least, I'm guessing). I logged onto my gmail account and could type a "to" address and a "subject" but being that the "message body" is an html text box, and NOT a true "input" field, I could NOT type in the message body! Sucks, yeah? At least in GMail, you can change to a text only message format, and it lets you type in the "body" then (changed to a real text input box). Thought to myself, "wow that sucks.... man I really want an iPhone now..."

Any other questions? like i said, I played with it for a good 20-25 min. let me know.

Which one in Orlando? The Mall At Millenia or the Florida Mall?

DesignerOnMac
Sep 13, 2007, 07:42 PM
That no matter what Apples does, there are people bitching about THEIR NEEDS and that Apple screwed up again!

Guess what folks you need a LIFE!

And you do not have to buy ANYTHING from Apple or anyone else. No one has forced you to pre-order ANYTHING! If you live near an Apple store why would you pre-order anyway????

ipodmylife224
Sep 13, 2007, 07:44 PM
That's so awesome! I thought that they wouldn't be coming out until the 28th. I think I will be able to go to the Apple Store this Sunday and pick mine up.

sikkinixx
Sep 13, 2007, 07:45 PM

:mad: well that certainly makes me question buying one... I don't want some gimped ass web browser

Rooskibar03
Sep 13, 2007, 07:46 PM
I want my $100 credit so I can go get one...

chadamorrill
Sep 13, 2007, 07:46 PM
Which one in Orlando? The Mall At Millenia or the Florida Mall?

Florida Mall.... didn't think to ask if they were in stock, because I didn't think they'd be avail. until later this month.

DAP1MP13
Sep 13, 2007, 07:48 PM
Keubby

Just curious, but what school do you go to?
NYU right?
Just wondering, because I'm from NYC myself, although my university is in Long Island.

cmcconkey
Sep 13, 2007, 07:48 PM
pre-order has started shipping. mine has shipped. hopefully it will arrive soon.

:eek::eek: This is no fair!!! Mine had better ship tonight!!! I want my nice shiny new Touch, I must caress it. :p:p

sblasl
Sep 13, 2007, 07:49 PM
Houston, I think we have operator error here. I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that "chadwhatever" is not familiar with how to input his text properly.:rolleyes:

:mad: well that certainly makes me question buying one... I don't want some gimped ass web browser

chadamorrill

It was truly a bizzare experience. Though, I've never tried GMail or anything on the iPhone, so I'm not sure if that was a common experience or not. If not, it almost feels like Apple really IS trying to hold back the features of the iPhone. Problem is that people like me really don't want to switch to AT&T, but also don't really want to sit there and hack the iPhone a whole lot....

Alright, I'm done sulking...

caMi

Why won't it type in those boxes?

Doesn't the iPhone do this fine? Isn't it the same browser on iPhone and iPod?

LaMerVipere
Sep 13, 2007, 07:50 PM
iLounge has a nice gallery up on Flickr (http://flickr.com/photos/ipodlounger/sets/72157602001802295/).

http://img509.imageshack.us/img509/9628/13754404424eaeea2801oxj5.jpg

I gotta say, this really looks nice. Makes me want to buy an iPod touch and then wait for a better, thinner (probably cheaper) iPhone in 2008!

chadamorrill
Sep 13, 2007, 07:50 PM
Houston, I think we have operator error here. I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that "chadwhatever" is not familiar with how to input his text properly.:rolleyes:

Nope sure don't. Haven't been in the IT field for almost 10 years either. Thanks.

aljawad
Sep 13, 2007, 07:51 PM
I ordered the 16g model from the Apple store immediately after it was introduced, so how come its still set to ship on Sep. 28? :confused::mad:

Football1maniac
Florida Mall.... didn't think to ask if they were in stock, because I didn't think they'd be avail. until later this month.

OK, thanks. Called my local Best Buy and they said to check back in on Saturday Morning. Gosh, only Apple would the release products to people who leisurely walk into a retail store then people who preordered their products minutes after they release. Oh well, I still love Apple.:apple:

i feel a $100 gift card coming on, lol:rolleyes::apple:

chadamorrill
Why won't it type in those boxes?

Doesn't the iPhone do this fine? Isn't it the same browser on iPhone and iPod?

Like I said, I ONLY tried it in GMail, but GMail's "message body" is an HTML box, NOT straight text. As soon as I hit the link to change it to straight text, I was able to type with no issues.

yetanotherdave
Sep 13, 2007, 07:52 PM
So you are saying that your order was canceled? If so by who?

Remember:

"Designed by Apple in California"

Has your card been charged yet? If it hasn't been prepared for shipping, it hasn't cost you.

My order hasn't been cancelled, but that isn't really the point. I ordered on the day it was annouced, specifically to garuntee that I would get one as soon as they were available, that they wouldn't sell out.
It's like apple are saying "right, he's pre-ordered and we have his card details, that sale is safe, lets concerntrate on getting more sales in before actually sending his out, it makes our sales figures look better."

and who gives a crap where it was designed, they're all made in China anyway.

bklam
Sep 13, 2007, 07:55 PM
edit:

how's the browser and emailing using gmail, hotmail, and other forms of web based mail.

rorschach
Sep 13, 2007, 07:56 PM
Just picked mine up as well, at the Fifth Avenue store. They had at least one drawerful of them. I'm syncing up now!

know-it-all5
Sep 13, 2007, 07:58 PM
Look people, I am sick of this whining from people who preordered it. I mean lets be honest, you might have to wait a few extra days. Apple didn't just suddenly decide to put a few in stores today. if they are arriving in stores that means they will soon be shipping on a large scale. This is a rare occasion...apple might be ahead of schedule on a product release.

bushman1
Sep 13, 2007, 07:59 PM
just got mine tonight to. I got an Ipod classic 160 then 2 minutes later I went and returned it for a touch. The touch is so much cooler!

javaGuru
Sep 13, 2007, 07:59 PM
Just picked mine up as well, at the Fifth Avenue store. They had at least one drawerful of them. I'm syncing up now!

Can you confirm if wifi iTunes is working or not yet?

cmcconkey
Sep 13, 2007, 08:00 PM

Is yours a 16GB? It looks like they focused on the 16gb to get those out, so those of us that got the 8gb are out of luck for a little bit. At least that is my thought on it.

Christopher

rorschach
Sep 13, 2007, 08:01 PM
Can you confirm if wifi iTunes is working or not yet?

I have ~1,000 songs left to sync so once that's done I'll check it out unless someone else already has by then.

bigbossbmb
Sep 13, 2007, 08:01 PM

Nope, this is a problem with all of the iPhones I've tried (4-5). They really need to fix that, pronto.

Please somebody try out the jailbreak and see if you can get Mail.app working!

And whoever is doing hacktheipodtouch.com should really add the full calendar app on there (so you can add events).

rorschach
Sep 13, 2007, 08:02 PM
Is yours a 16GB? It looks like they focused on the 16gb to get those out, so those of us that got the 8gb are out of luck for a little bit. At least that is my thought on it.

Christopher

They only have 16GB now according to the lady I spoke to on the phone when I called right before I left to see if 5th Av. had them.

nismo
Sep 13, 2007, 08:03 PM
edit:

how's the browser and emailing using gmail, hotmail, and other forms of web based mail.
the gmail work fine on an iphone and not have that problem chad was having?

rdrr
Sep 13, 2007, 08:03 PM
Well I am going to wait 68 days and get it for $200 less... :p

chadamorrill
Sep 13, 2007, 08:05 PM
the gmail work fine on an iphone and not have that problem chad was having?

Nope, this is a problem with all of the iPhones I've tried (4-5). They really need to fix that, pronto.

????????????????????? So which is it?!?! I hope the one I was working with was just.... having issues?? All I know is that it didn't work until I changed the field to text only.

Football1maniac
Sep 13, 2007, 08:07 PM
Has anyone tried using AOL mail? And what about the stand that the iPod touch came with? What's the purpose of it?

bluebomberman
Sep 13, 2007, 08:07 PM
Obviously we need an iPod touch user to reply to this post on their new toy to disprove the "semi-crippled Safari" complaints...

caMi
Sep 13, 2007, 08:08 PM
????????????????????? So which is it?!?! I hope the one I was working with was just.... having issues?? All I know is that it didn't work until I changed the field to text only.

So it is pretty much a Gmail problem only I hope..

jbazar
Sep 13, 2007, 08:08 PM
Just called the Providence place mall store and they did not receive any.

chadamorrill
Sep 13, 2007, 08:09 PM
So it is pretty much a Gmail problem only I hope..

Not a clue... only tried GMail, only assuming that it was with ALL html fields (like Macrumors). I know we'll get an answer before tomorrow, but there's a lady in my office with an iPhone... I can and will try it then.

caMi
Sep 13, 2007, 08:11 PM
Not a clue... only tried GMail, only assuming that it was with ALL html fields (like Macrumors). I know we'll get an answer before tomorrow, but there's a lady in my office with an iPhone... I can and will try it then.

Well I know people have posted on MacRumors with an iPhone before.

nismo
Sep 13, 2007, 08:11 PM
sorry i meant to ask if the iphone has the same problem as the ipod touch with the gmail

buffalo
Sep 13, 2007, 08:13 PM
Just got mine. Still hooked to the computer so it has not been turned on.

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1137/1375108587_945de391a1.jpg

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1340/1376017748_82c1a53e53.jpg

Wanh
Sep 13, 2007, 08:15 PM

Man, I'm jealous :)

macduke
Sep 13, 2007, 08:18 PM

I completely agree. No need to go out on a limb though. I'm pretty sure that a huge problem like that would have been pointed out in the PCMAG review.

ezekielrage_99
Sep 13, 2007, 08:18 PM
OMG, they look sweet I'm now having some buyers remorse I which I bought an iPod touch not a 160GB classic.... But then I love my 160GB classic :cool:

nismo
Sep 13, 2007, 08:19 PM

can u check up on the safari woes that people are reporting and confirm or deny these claims? For example try gmail or posting on this forum with the iPod touch

chadamorrill
I completely agree. No need to go out on a limb though. I'm pretty sure that a huge problem like that would have been pointed out in the PCMAG review.

10 years IT experience. Please no personal judgements. Thanks.

trinket
[QUOTE=buffalo;4177744]Just got mine. Still hooked to the computer so it has not been turned on.

That is what I call dead sexy.

elcid
Ok, as a photographer, invest in a macro lens and just shoot in a well lit room with no flash.

Some of those images were painful.

kuebby
Hey Kueby,
No offense man...but did you take those with your camera phone? They look really bad dude. Get a tripod if you have to. Turn off flash when shooting directly into the face of the ipod.

Thanks for your help, I'll get right on that.

billchase2
Sep 13, 2007, 08:21 PM
looking nice!

any word on jailbreak/hacks/3rd party apps yet?

buffalo
Sep 13, 2007, 08:21 PM
can u check up on the safari woes that people are reporting and confirm or deny these claims? For example try gmail or posting on this forum with the iPod touch

I will when it is all done syncing. If anyone needs/wants specific photos just let me know.

trinket
Sep 13, 2007, 08:22 PM
Ok, as a photographer, invest in a macro lens and just shoot in a well lit room with no flash.

HAHA! These people aren't professional photographers though. I don't think it really matters how professional the photos look - as long as they are in focus and give us a glimpse of what the ipod touch is like in their environment - and a bit of their excitement. If we want professional shots, we will just go to the photo gallery on the apple site!

db2431
Sep 13, 2007, 08:23 PM
I will when it is all done syncing. If anyone needs/wants specific photos just let me know.

A photo in your trouser/jeans/shirt pocket would be great, Im still a little worried about the size of the thing before I invest.

4830Deuce
Sep 13, 2007, 08:23 PM
IS iTUNES WI-FI WORKING!? Come on someone answer this!!!!

Football1maniac
Sep 13, 2007, 08:26 PM
Like I said before, got off the phone with the Apple Representative, and she said that ALL online orders are on backorder and that SHOULD ship before the 28th. :rolleyes:And, I seem like Im bowing down to the high heavens, can someone check about the AOL page and if they can log on or not. And whats up with the stand that came with it? Whats its purpose in life?:apple:

nismo
Sep 13, 2007, 08:27 PM
IS iTUNES WI-FI WORKING!? Come on someone answer this!!!!

yes ;) The review said it was working and someone in this thread said it was working when they tried it at the store. I think it was chad :p

LillieDesigns
Sep 13, 2007, 08:27 PM
My status says "Prepared for Shipment" so maybe tomorrow?

chadamorrill
Sep 13, 2007, 08:28 PM
yes ;) The review said it was working and someone in this thread said it was working when they tried it at the store. I think it was chad :p

Workin all the way up to actually buying the song. Thought I wouldn't do that, since it was the store's demo and not mine :)

macduke
Sep 13, 2007, 08:29 PM
A photo in your trouser/jeans/shirt pocket would be great, Im still a little worried about the size of the thing before I invest.

Just draw a 4.3 in x 2.4 in rectangle, cut it out, stick it in your pocket. Depth is comparable to a nano...really slim.

w_parietti22
Sep 13, 2007, 08:30 PM
Mine now says prepared for shipment. :)

viper002060
Sep 13, 2007, 08:32 PM
Mine now says prepared for shipment. :)

please tell me you ordered yours on the 5th.

chadamorrill
Sep 13, 2007, 08:32 PM
Just draw a 4.3 in x 2.4 in rectangle, cut it out, stick it in your pocket. Depth is comparable to a nano...really slim.

Yeah, super slim. It's only slightly taller than a 5g or iPod classic (if you've got one of those), and so so slim. Seemed to be pretty solid, and IF it were in a case, I'd probably not think twice about slipping it into my pocket. Be about the same h/w as a 5G iPod... just so so thin!

w_parietti22
Sep 13, 2007, 08:34 PM
please tell me you ordered yours on the 5th.

yes, its a 16gb and I ordered it about 2 hours after the keynote.

And whats up with the stand that came with it? Whats its purpose in life?:apple:

So if your watching a movie on the plane, you dont have to hold it... I dont know. :rolleyes:

viper002060
Sep 13, 2007, 08:37 PM
thts good then, i ordered mine about 6 hours after the keynote. tht means i should get it next week. wooo!!!

:apple: 1.83 ghz macbook
5g 30gb ipod

akac
Sep 13, 2007, 08:39 PM

That's weird - it worked for me on the iPhone. I can't imagine they screwed that up.

A Pittarelli
Sep 13, 2007, 08:41 PM
i ordered an 8gig in the 5th and then cancelled and ordered a 16 on the 8th, i hope i get mine soon too

rorschach
The iTunes Wi-Fi Store is up and working. Haven't tried buying a song yet but I can browse, preview, etc.

viccles
Looks like its only the US who are getting theirs shipped earlier :( Hopefully in 2 weeks time there will already be some 3rd party apps

fuzzynavo
Sep 13, 2007, 08:43 PM
i just tried navigating to gmail, aol mail with my iphone to verify if text entry works. strangely i couldn't enter text in gmail through the iphone and aol mail crashed safari on my iphone several times...

not sure if its still user error, or something not possible on the iphone/ipod touch. but i feel if this was an inherent problem, someone would have noted it already...

DWKlink
Sep 13, 2007, 08:44 PM
Ordered mine as soon as the US Store came back up after the Jobsnote... Now showing that it's prepared for shipment. Credit card still not charged but canceling is no longer an option. Fingers crossed I get it next week...

xterratop
Sep 13, 2007, 08:45 PM
This sucks! I just called Apple and had a long wait on the phone. I wanted to cancel my order. Once I finally got through, the gal told me that she would have to transfer me to some other department. The Apple store in my area was closing in 30 minutes so I needed to get this done fast. Then once I got through to someone the guy said that my order has been shipped and that I should be getting an email shortly with the tracking number. I think they were trained to do that so that they wouldn't have to go through the hassle of canceling an online order. This sucks! So, I would just have to wait for my iPod Touch to come in the mail. Wish I didn't order it online. Next time I'll just buy it at my local Apple retailer. Whatever!

:(

Football1maniac
Sep 13, 2007, 08:47 PM
[QUOTE=fuzzynavo;4177893]i just tried navigating to gmail, aol mail with my iphone to verify if text entry works. strangely i couldn't enter text in gmail through the iphone and aol mail crashed safari on my iphone several times...
=/QUOTE]

Funny, I guess Apple doesn't want to get America OnLine:D

Wanh
Sep 13, 2007, 08:48 PM
[QUOTE=fuzzynavo;4177893]i just tried navigating to gmail, aol mail with my iphone to verify if text entry works. strangely i couldn't enter text in gmail through the iphone and aol mail crashed safari on my iphone several times...
=/QUOTE]

Funny, I guess Apple doesn't want to get America OnLine:D

Bah Dum Pshht

nismo
Sep 13, 2007, 08:50 PM
i just tried navigating to gmail, aol mail with my iphone to verify if text entry works. strangely i couldn't enter text in gmail through the iphone and aol mail crashed safari on my iphone several times...

not sure if its still user error, or something not possible on the iphone/ipod touch. but i feel if this was an inherent problem, someone would have noted it already...

can anyone else with an iphone verify this. This makes me upset since i wanna get an iphone soon and already know about the problems with mail and gmail

mian

I just tried gmail on my iphone and had to switch to plain text to enter anything in the body of the email.

viper002060
does the touch come w/ a protective sleeve?

iPhoneHome
Sep 13, 2007, 08:51 PM
The Apple Store around me has them in!!! Im getting one for my girlfriend 2morrow!! I wonder when our iphones will get the wifi store?? Probably Oct. 2nd right??

chadamorrill
Sep 13, 2007, 08:53 PM
I just tried gmail on my iphone and had to switch to plain text to enter anything in the body of the email.

But it WILL work in MacRumors and other webmails? (ie. Yahoo, Hotmail, etc?)

seelab
Sep 13, 2007, 08:55 PM
yes, its a 16gb and I ordered it about 2 hours after the keynote.

:( I ordered my 16 Gb after the keynote, as soon as the online store was up again.
Sep 5, 2007 at 12:17 PM PDT
... and mine hasn't shipped :(

rorschach
Sep 13, 2007, 08:55 PM
I just tried Gmail and no go for me either. Which sucks.

TitoC
Sep 13, 2007, 08:56 PM

must you make a comment like that? seriously... :rolleyes: people are such tits around here lately. If you don't like the pics then just don't say anything

If that was the case, I'd think most of these forums would have only about 4 replies. But, isn't that the point of these forums though? A FRANK discussion. No Politically Correct bs. Just straight-up talk. Come on. Sonofhaig wasn't being crass, rude or mean. He just said it like it is. Direct, to-the-point and then - how dare he - he ends it off with a "Thanks Anyway . . ." OMG! He ends it off with some manners.

But seriously, I've seen a lot more rude and mean comments in these forums. Sonofhaig, wasn't one of them. Let's not get too touchy out here people.

Plus, I agree. If you are going to take pictures, I have three words for you.

Focus.
Focus.
Focus.

It's not that we don't appreciate kuebby taking the pictures for us. We do. We really do. But if you ARE going to take pics, at least get us something we haven't seen before (screens and apps that were not shown at the keynote or displayed on the Apple site, etc.). Otherwise, there're nothing but out-of-focus shots of something that looks like an iPod Touch.

Now if you want, you can call me a "Tit" but not Sonofhaig. We was quite polite.

Eidorian
Sep 13, 2007, 08:57 PM
I just tried Gmail and no go for me either. Which sucks.Java. maybe?

chr1s60
Sep 13, 2007, 08:57 PM
Looks nice, but I really hate that they used the scratch magnet back. Ok, I am ready for my iPhone update now. Hopefully now that WiFi iTunes is being used by some they will release the update tonight or tomorrow. Although, if they are adding other new iPhone features I can wait.

Sweetbike40
Sep 13, 2007, 08:59 PM
And here i thought of canceling this beauty because of the stupid calendar. I am going to have so much fun with what it can do.
:)

SirOmega
Sep 13, 2007, 09:01 PM
Meh, I called my Apple store and it rang for five minutes and still no one picked up the phone. All I want to know is do I tell my friend to go buy one tonight. (I've got the iPhone already and he wants a Touch, we were going to wait until the $100 rebate thing kicks in for my phone but maybe not).

Edit: someone finally picked up the phone and he said it doesnt come out until the 28th, I told him that other Apple stores around the country have recieved shipments and started selling them, he repeats the 28th (not like I expect different, since I'm reading voice tones and such and not what he is saying). Oh well, call again tomorrow...

esbod
Sep 13, 2007, 09:01 PM
UPDATE

Order Date: Sep 5, 2007 at 12:23 PM PDT

The status has changed from "Not yet shipped" to
"Prepared for Shipment"

Looks like pre-orders are moving along!

chadamorrill
Sep 13, 2007, 09:02 PM
I just tried Gmail and no go for me either. Which sucks.

Well... like someone said earlier, this doesn't seem to be a huge widespread thing. Maybe it's JUST GMail??? (and thankfully there is a workaround)

kuebby
Sep 13, 2007, 09:04 PM
It's not that we don't appreciate kuebby taking the pictures for us. We do. We really do. But if you ARE going to take pics, at least get us something we haven't seen before (screens and apps that were not shown at the keynote or displayed on the Apple site, etc.). Otherwise, there're nothing but out-of-focus shots of something that looks like an iPod Touch.

I apologize for that bad pictures but I really don't have anywhere good for taking well lit in-focus pictures. My apartment has no areas that are really well lit that I wouldn't need flash. As far as picture subjects, I posted very early in the thread asking what people wanted to see in pictures and as far as I know no one responded.

dom7
Sep 13, 2007, 09:05 PM
Mine just changed to "Prepared for Shipment".

Ordered: Sep 5, 2007 at 01:26 PM PDT

joeconvert
Sep 13, 2007, 09:08 PM
Java. maybe?

Nope, Gmail is javascript. One of the few things the mobile Safari does support.

TitoC
Sep 13, 2007, 09:09 PM
I apologize for that bad pictures but I really don't have anywhere good for taking well lit in-focus pictures. My apartment has no areas that are really well lit that I wouldn't need flash. As far as picture subjects, I posted very early in the thread asking what people wanted to see in pictures and as far as I know no one responded.

What camera are you using?

Sorry about the complaints, but it just seems a lot of the images were out of focus, so it was hard to see any details.

Can you take some of the Wi-Fi store App as well as the new Cover Flow stuff?

Let me know if you need any help with some camera tricks as far as getting subjects in tight areas in focus.

One suggestion would be, if you don't have a tripod, to place the camera on a coffee table while having the iPod propped up on another coffee table directly across from the camera. This way you can shoot with a slower shutter speed and not have to shoot with flash. This will take care of the reflection issues you had in some shots as well.

Let me know if you need any other tips.

gusapple
Sep 13, 2007, 11:27 PM
Wouldn't this mean the iTunes WiFi Store is close to being up?

rorschach
Sep 13, 2007, 11:46 PM
What camera are you using?

Sorry about the complaints, but it just seems a lot of the images were out of focus, so it was hard to see any details.

Can you take some of the Wi-Fi store App as well as the new Cover Flow stuff?

Let me know if you need any help with some camera tricks as far as getting subjects in tight areas in focus.

One suggestion would be, if you don't have a tripod, to place the camera on a coffee table while having the iPod propped up on another coffee table directly across from the camera. This way you can shoot with a slower shutter speed and not have to shoot with flash. This will take care of the reflection issues you had in some shots as well.

Let me know if you need any other tips.

Here you go - some better photos:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/72124135@N00/

bluush
Sep 13, 2007, 11:51 PM

Oh wow.. no Gmail? That's huge :/

I already know my store is getting the 16gb ones in tomorrow around 1pm and I was dead set on getting one 'til hearing this. This thing loses a lot of appeal without Gmail capability.

timothyjay2004
Sep 13, 2007, 11:52 PM
Can someone tell me when the next keynote speech will be?

Next January or February??

timothyjay2004
Sep 13, 2007, 11:54 PM
I'm hoping that we see some ipod touches with iPhone apps soon (ex: notes, weather, mail)

rbroady
Sep 13, 2007, 11:54 PM
**posting from my touch**:)

after buying my ipod from the Soho store at around 430, i finally synch up at 12:50!!

Been a busy day but what a great ending, the iTouch is great.

my iTunes Wi-Fi is working, i can preview songs but havent tried to download anything yet.

I can sign into my schools email, so im happy about that, since ive heard other mail clients have had problems.

Eidorian
Sep 13, 2007, 11:56 PM
Next January or February??Apple Expo Paris 2007

Next, next Tuesday? :D

timothyjay2004
Sep 13, 2007, 11:58 PM
Apple Expo Paris 2007

True. I was talking about US ones.

Eidorian
Sep 13, 2007, 11:59 PM
True. I was talking about US ones.A new product or update can still be announced there.

gusapple
Sep 13, 2007, 11:59 PM
Apple Expo Paris 2007

Nope, the "Mum" one in England next week.

AppleFan08
Sep 14, 2007, 12:00 AM
damn i cant believe they came to stores today! Naturally i didnt see the front page article until 10 minutes before the nearest store to me closes! So i called, and they have a ton of 16gigs. So ill just go get one tomorrow afternoon!

frojas
Sep 14, 2007, 12:00 AM
So does it work as long as you have it set to "plain text" as opposed to "rich text".

LizKat
Sep 14, 2007, 12:02 AM
Is it wrong that I want one even though I have an iPhone? ;)

Sure, but "Is it Wicked Not to Care?" (Belle and Sebastian, The Boy With the Arab Strap)

Eidorian
Sep 14, 2007, 12:03 AM
Nope, the "Mum" one in England next week.Well, I do hope for computer hardware but not from that event. :p

KopThat
Sep 14, 2007, 12:04 AM
Mine still says ship by 28th
arrive by 8th October - that's almost a month away !!!
Damn you :apple: and your touchy feely products !!!

Multimedia
Sep 14, 2007, 12:05 AM
Can someone tell me when the next keynote speech will be?Paris Apple Expo Tuesday September 25.

Darkroom
Sep 14, 2007, 12:08 AM

tell me about it... even cheap digital cams and ultra compacts all have a macro setting...

I want my $100 credit so I can go get one...

right... so you're gonna get the $100 iPhone credit and use it to buy something that you essentially already have...

gotta love consumerism...

Eidorian
Sep 14, 2007, 12:11 AM
and will leopard be 69 dollars through education discount like tiger?More then likely.

Darkroom
Sep 14, 2007, 12:15 AM
So does it work as long as you have it set to "plain text" as opposed to "rich text".

you can test this in any browser... GMail opperates by default with JavaScript activated... (i'm not sure if iPhone and iPod touch have javascript enabled Safari browser or not)... anyway... if you attempt to load gmail with a browser without JavaScript, you will receive this message:

JavaScript must be enabled in order for you to use Gmail in standard view. However, it seems JavaScript is either disabled or not supported by your browser. To use standard view, enable JavaScript by changing your browser options, then try again.

To use Gmail's basic HTML view, which does not require JavaScript, click here.

If you want to view Gmail on a mobile phone or similar device click here

in other words, Gmail will defiantly work on the iPod Touch...

Eidorian
Sep 14, 2007, 12:15 AM
only way i can get a quick answer...everyone on here seems to know the mostThen again you can try every other thread about Leopard. I'd be more then happy to answer you there.

yagrax
Sep 14, 2007, 12:21 AM
Looks like I can post from my iPhone....

-yagrax, from my iphone's safari browser over home wifi, listening to Teddybears Iggy Pop - Punkrocker on the iPhone's iPod app

KopThat
Sep 14, 2007, 12:22 AM
Didn't you hear that Leopard has been delayed indefinitely and we are all moving to iPod Touch.

Just a shame that you can't type in to gmail and create calendar events :cool:

slkartmac
Sep 14, 2007, 12:28 AM
I just got my touch about five hours ago from the Irvine CA store and I have already noticed 3 dead pixels : / hopefully I can exchange it out this weekend. Also I was wondering if anyone else was having a problem with the dark blacks while watching videos almost looks like its a negative when looking at it dead on it seems like I need to tilt the ipod when watching a dark scene. Besides the screen issues everything else is great.

giganten
Sep 14, 2007, 12:36 AM
Very nice.
I would get one if it did support nike+.

aswitcher
Sep 14, 2007, 12:36 AM
I just got my touch about five hours ago from the Irvine CA store and I have already noticed 3 dead pixels : / hopefully I can exchange it out this weekend. Also I was wondering if anyone else was having a problem with the dark blacks while watching videos almost looks like its a negative when looking at it dead on it seems like I need to tilt the ipod when watching a dark scene. Besides the screen issues everything else is great.

Post pics?

aswitcher
Sep 14, 2007, 12:38 AM
Very nice.
I would get one if it did support nike+.

Are we sure it doesn't work?

DonWilson
Sep 14, 2007, 12:43 AM
Hey, look, it's the iPhone without any functionality!

dukebound85
Sep 14, 2007, 12:44 AM
i didnt realize they were out yet. any idea when say bestbuy will get them?

slkartmac
Sep 14, 2007, 12:47 AM
Sorry for the photo quality... It seems like all my really dark blacks look green I never had this problem with my ipod video.

giganten
Sep 14, 2007, 12:54 AM
Are we sure it doesn't work?

No, I am not sure. Please tell me if it works with nike+, but I dont think it will work.

McCord9
Sep 14, 2007, 12:55 AM
I was debating getting an iphone/touch all night. Screw ATT. I'll just have to wait until they make it compatible with Verizon... I am off to brave the subways to head to the Manhattan Fifth ave store and pick one of the touches up. (Just called, definitely in stock.)

rbroady
Sep 14, 2007, 01:03 AM
I was debating getting an iphone/touch all night. Screw ATT. I'll just have to wait until they make it compatible with Verizon... I am off to brave the subways to head to the Manhattan Fifth ave store and pick one of the touches up. (Just called, definitely in stock.)

haha i forgot that stores open 24 hours.

never really got to me why anyone would want to buy a computer at 3 in the morning:confused: haha

sblasl
Sep 14, 2007, 01:06 AM
Should have gotten an iPhone, I don't have that problem.

Sorry for the photo quality... It seems like all my really dark blacks look green I never had this problem with my ipod video.

rorschach
Sep 14, 2007, 01:08 AM
haha i forgot that stores open 24 hours.

never really got to me why anyone would want to buy a computer at 3 in the morning:confused: haha

It comes in handy when you wanna go to the genius bar with absolutely NOBODY there. ;)

I needed my iPod headphones replaced so I went at around 3:15am, I was the only one in the store save for 5-6 employees. Walked up to the genius bar, told the guy I needed new headphones...he just took mine and handed me a pair from under the bar.

Took 5 minutes...so sometimes it's useful.

phantomsd
Sep 14, 2007, 01:12 AM

NICE. Was it at the Spectrum? I was there today around 1pm and didn't see any touches on display.

Was going to pick up an iPhone tomorrow to unlock for T-Mobile... but now seeing that the touches are in... I am undecided AGAIN.

Damn you Apple for throwing this curve ball!

Markleshark
Sep 14, 2007, 01:22 AM
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1153/1375460639_af79b262da.jpg?v=0

iLounge photo. Love it.

w_parietti22
Sep 14, 2007, 01:41 AM
< snip >

WOW im jealous.

sam10685
Sep 14, 2007, 01:42 AM
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1153/1375460639_af79b262da.jpg?v=0

Is that even necessary?

Markleshark
Sep 14, 2007, 01:43 AM
Hehe, not mine... iLounge. ;)

aswitcher
Sep 14, 2007, 01:43 AM

Yeah that looks bad. I hope its something they can fix with firmware upgrades.

frankly
Sep 14, 2007, 01:45 AM
I got the best shots of the screen I could but it's hard because it reflects.

[admin edit: images added to 1st post]

How about turning the lights on in the room and the flash off on your camera?

ellsworth
Sep 14, 2007, 01:58 AM
slkartmac...
I use to have that problem with my 4th gen Video Ipod. Turned out it was the compression of some of my videos. I still have some videos that do it...Fast and the furious. Check another video to see if it does the same thing.

Does anyone know if the camera adapter works with the touch. I use my ipod as storage all the time with the ipod camera adapter.. Peace
-Ellz

p0intblank
Sep 14, 2007, 01:59 AM
Is that even necessary?

Sure, why not? I'd own them all if I had the money.

slkartmac
Sep 14, 2007, 02:09 AM
Check out the link below way better than my photos

http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/apple/tested-iphone-screen-better-than-ipod-touch-screen-299774.php

All of my dark areas in video playback look pretty bad compared to my old video ipod.

colto
Sep 14, 2007, 02:11 AM
Umm. That will be at least 5 years. Apple has a 5 year exclusivity with ATT. Verizon and ATT are unrolling different types of internet technologies that they will use for about that amount of time. You have a LONG wait ahead...

aswitcher
Sep 14, 2007, 02:32 AM
Check out the link below way better than my photos

http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/apple/tested-iphone-screen-better-than-ipod-touch-screen-299774.php

All of my dark areas in video playback look pretty bad compared to my old video ipod.

Wow that looks bad. I am tempted to cancel my order. I look forward to seeng Gizmodo coordinating some more feedback.

R.Youden
Sep 14, 2007, 02:59 AM
Other photos show that the picture quality is BETTER on the iPod. Something not right here...

Stun inc.
Sep 14, 2007, 03:03 AM
I got mine at the Apple store in Santa Rosa today, canceled my order online at the store.

Fortunately my blacks are comming out just fine, I wonder if it was just a bad batch.

Best of luck for everyone

ozontheroad
Sep 14, 2007, 03:19 AM
Umm. That will be at least 5 years. Apple has a 5 year exclusivity with ATT. Verizon and ATT are unrolling different types of internet technologies that they will use for about that amount of time. You have a LONG wait ahead...

also... by the time the AT&T exclusivity period ends the current iPhone will be a collectors item and look old and even probably ugly.

what did the iPod look like 5 years ago ?

on topic: has anyone installed mail and notes on the touch ?

cmclaughlan
Sep 14, 2007, 03:37 AM
also... by the time the AT&T exclusivity period ends the current iPhone will be a collectors item and look old and even probably ugly.

what did the iPod look like 5 years ago ?

on topic: has anyone installed mail and notes on the touch ?

Jailbreak currently hangs the touch causing you to gave to do a restore in iTunes.

So no installing apps, yet.

McCord9
Sep 14, 2007, 03:51 AM
Well I survived the subway at 3am and got my touch from the fifth ave store.

To the poster who said the exclusivity with Apple and AT&T is 5 years, I believe it is only 2. If you saw something different from what I saw please post the link. Thanks.

patric.mueller
Sep 14, 2007, 04:20 AM
Actually, I used my friends iPhone and backed up a couple of them already. Which ones are you wanting?

EDIT:

I have Calendar, Mail, Maps, Stocks, and Weather

Hi rmh,

Is it possible to send the apps to me?
I live in Switzerland and i don`t get an Iphone....

So when the Itouch is shipping to me i would like to put the apps on it.

Best regards

Patric

Evangelion
Sep 14, 2007, 04:45 AM

To the poster who said the exclusivity with Apple and AT&T is 5 years, I believe it is only 2. If you saw something different from what I saw please post the link. Thanks.

I believe that it's exclusive to AT&T for five years, but the plan you sign up for when you buy iPhone lasts two years. So we are talking about two different things here.

geveke
Sep 14, 2007, 04:48 AM
What I'm really curious about: does the iPod Touch support streaming audio to an Airport Express AirTunes station? Should be possible...

owen-b
Sep 14, 2007, 04:53 AM
The sooner this gets cracked the better. Come on you hackers!

I'm quite glad that the UK pre-orders aren't anywhere close to shipping - there's undoubtedly going to be a 16GB 3G UK iPhone announcement next Tuesday and I want to see how much they're expecting us to pay for it. If it's vaguely affordable for me, I'm cancelling my 245 16GB Touch order...

(yes, that's right, 245... ;) )

theschoning
Sep 14, 2007, 04:53 AM
wow all this great technology, digital cameras, ipods - shame noone seems to cabable to use the stuff (judging by the quality - or lack of - of the unpacking photos!). Pretty embarrassing really....

Fotograffiti
Sep 14, 2007, 04:55 AM
Wow could there be any more smudges on it?

Evangelion
Sep 14, 2007, 05:06 AM
What I'm really curious about: does the iPod Touch support streaming audio to an Airport Express AirTunes station? Should be possible...

It should be possible, but currently it's not supported. Maybe with a software-update in the future :).

stuartmingay
Sep 14, 2007, 05:20 AM
Makes me laugh when people complain about picture quality. The dude just got it and he snapped a few pics. Be glad that he took any time to share something with you.

If it was me, I'd be too busy using it to post anything...

(c'mon apple, ship my online store order...pleasssseeeee!)

... how difficult is it to get in focus exactly? With an autofocus camera phone? Would have taken 30 secs to get decent pictures.

Morsey
Sep 14, 2007, 05:23 AM
It should be possible, but currently it's not supported. Maybe with a software-update in the future :).

What about streaming from a Mac to the touch? Can that work, browsing my macs itunes library from the touch?

Would make me feel much happier about the 16gb size limit..

diamond.g
Sep 14, 2007, 05:41 AM

can anyone else with an iphone verify this. This makes me upset since i wanna get an iphone soon and already know about the problems with mail and gmail

you can test this in any browser... GMail opperates by default with JavaScript activated... (i'm not sure if iPhone and iPod touch have javascript enabled Safari browser or not)... anyway... if you attempt to load gmail with a browser without JavaScript, you will receive this message:

JavaScript must be enabled in order for you to use Gmail in standard view. However, it seems JavaScript is either disabled or not supported by your browser. To use standard view, enable JavaScript by changing your browser options, then try again.

To use Gmail's basic HTML view, which does not require JavaScript, click here.

If you want to view Gmail on a mobile phone or similar device click here

in other words, Gmail will defiantly work on the iPod Touch...

Sigh, the text box for rich text isn't a normal text box. You have to change to plain text before the iPhone/iPod Touch will let you input text. Macrumors is also affected if you use rich text button that is next to the spell check button.

Also, did anyone else notice the headphones plug isn't recessed on the Touch? Very much something to think about if you hate the stock buds!!!

Evangelion
Sep 14, 2007, 05:43 AM
What about streaming from a Mac to the touch? Can that work, browsing my macs itunes library from the touch?

Would make me feel much happier about the 16gb size limit..

Accessing shared iTunes-libraries should be perfectly doable. It's just a quaestion that will that feature get implemented or not.

Rendition
Sep 14, 2007, 05:48 AM
Here are my unboxing pics for 16GB version : http://www.firstadopter.com/fa/archives/001894.html

badboomer73
Sep 14, 2007, 06:01 AM

Parky
Sep 14, 2007, 06:08 AM
This question has not been directly answered. Can someone who has one of these say once and for all.

Is it possible to enter events into the calender on the iPod touch? yes/no

It is not possible, the Apple manual clearly says so.

PkennethV
Sep 14, 2007, 06:28 AM
Does anyone know if they are in the Apple Stores in Canada as well? Because I went to one a few days after the keynote but they still didn't have the new Classic/Nanos.

Evangelion
Sep 14, 2007, 06:33 AM
This question has not been directly answered. Can someone who has one of these say once and for all.

Is it possible to enter events into the calender on the iPod touch? yes/no

no

Gee4orce
Sep 14, 2007, 06:46 AM
Any word of availability in UK Apple stores (the bricks and mortar kind) ?

I almost hope it isn't available yet, because I want to find out what a 16Gb 3G iPhone is going to cost me on tuesday :confused:

LillieDesigns
Sep 14, 2007, 07:07 AM
Now that I think about it, I bet Apple isn't shipping Europe's Touches because of the announcement of the iPhone there next week. Jobs is probably gonna roll out an iPhone with a few extra features (3G maybe) and doesn't want chaos like September 5.

owen-b
Sep 14, 2007, 07:16 AM
Now that I think about it, I bet Apple isn't shipping Europe's Touches because of the announcement of the iPhone their next week. Jobs is probably gonna roll out an iPhone with a few extra features (3G maybe) and doesn't want chaos like September 5.

3G DEFINITELY. If they launch a none-3G phone in Europe they're arrogant and insane. Our mobile market is light years ahead of the US market.

freediverdude
Sep 14, 2007, 07:41 AM
Somebody went on the NYC subway at 3am to get a touch??? Even I don't want one that bad, lol....

Foocha
Sep 14, 2007, 07:42 AM
Now that I think about it, I bet Apple isn't shipping Europe's Touches because of the announcement of the iPhone their next week. Jobs is probably gonna roll out an iPhone with a few extra features (3G maybe) and doesn't want chaos like September 5.

I think that this is exactly right. Apple are probably not going to launch iPhone in the UK next week, but they'll announce a launch date and mobile partner. They've been forced to bring forward the announcement so that they don't end up with more disgruntled consumers who "only bought an iPod touch because the iPhone wasn't out" - they'd start to demand store credits...

I'm the kind of sucker who will buy both anyway, so if I see one this weekend on Regents Street, I'll snap it up :)

Gee4orce
Sep 14, 2007, 07:44 AM
I'm willing to bet that 99% of people use their mobiles solely for phone calls and SMS messaging. The 3G networks have been scrabbling around to find the 'killer app' that will justify the billions they spent on 3G operating licences, let alone begin to recoup some of the cost.

The iPhone is probably going to be first device that even begins to realise the potential of 3G mobiles, what with Google maps, iTunes Wifi Store (can that be used over 3G I wonder ?), email and web browsing. For that reason, yes the iPhone has to be 3G in Europe, but NOT because we're already using 3G for anything useful...

I've had a 3G mobile for probably 4 years now, and what have I ever used it for ? The occasional spot of frustrating web browsing thanks to Opera Mini, and that's it.

krose0307
Sep 14, 2007, 08:01 AM
Here are my unboxing pics for 16GB version : http://www.firstadopter.com/fa/archives/001894.html

I really like the keyboard that you can see in the background of your pics, what kind is it?

acrafton
Sep 14, 2007, 08:07 AM
and the lady who answered said no, they don't have any. . .they won't be avail until Sep 28. I told her that store around the country (NYC/FL/CA) already have them. Nope she said, I must be mistaken. . .

Oh well. . .

Rapmastac1
Sep 14, 2007, 08:14 AM
I really like the keyboard that you can see in the background of your pics, what kind is it?

I agree, i really liked that keyboard too! -And what is with everyone doing their unboxing photos on a wood surface, be that a floor or a desk.

Rendition
Sep 14, 2007, 08:23 AM

It's a Kenningston Mac Keyboard, got it from Amazon.

bytethese
Sep 14, 2007, 08:23 AM

Dude, seriously. Even I don't take the subway after 1am. :)

But good to know they have them!

clevin
Sep 14, 2007, 08:29 AM
any news on wi-fi battery life?

paetrick
Sep 14, 2007, 08:33 AM
http://www.macworld.com/weblogs/mwvodcast/2007/09/ipod_touch_video/index.php OOOH IT's SWEEET, the screen looks great in that vid as well, probably just a "bad" batch for some other ppl !!!

krye
Sep 14, 2007, 08:33 AM
All I want to know is who picked the album art for the box? I mean who is the nobody on the iPod? And why has she been immortalized on every iPod box? Why couldn't they just display the main menu or the Apple logo? I'll never understand why they plaster the likes of U2 and the RHCP all over their iPod packaging. It just looks stupid.