PDA

View Full Version : Need iPod touch Firmware!!

kuebby
Sep 13, 2007, 06:08 PM
I need the iPod touch restore image to perform jailbreak on it.

Can anyone help me?

Is there any way I can just extract it from iTunes?

Mtirv
Sep 13, 2007, 06:14 PM
I wouldn't attempt doing anything just yet. Hold off and wait for the hackers to do it somewhere, then follow their guides once they have an established one. After all, the current instructions are for the iphone, and only assumed to work with the iPod Touch. You wouldn't want a 400 dollar brick, would you?

kuebby
Sep 13, 2007, 06:15 PM
I wouldn't attempt doing anything just yet. Hold off and wait for the hackers to do it somewhere, then follow their guides once they have an established one. After all, the current instructions are for the iphone, and only assumed to work with the iPod Touch. You wouldn't want a 400 dollar brick, would you?

No, but software mods don't void the warranty. And since it's the same OS . . .

Eidorian
Sep 13, 2007, 06:15 PM
If you break the software on the iPod couldn't you just restore it?

That or make an image of it.

sblasl
Sep 13, 2007, 06:20 PM
Yes it is the same OS, but coded specific to device. You might want to listen to your Elders so that you aren't the very first "bricked" iPod Touch.

No, but software mods don't void the warranty. And since it's the same OS . . .

Mtirv
Sep 13, 2007, 06:26 PM
Yes it is the same OS, but coded specific to device. You might want to listen to your Elders so that you aren't the very first "bricked" iPod Touch.

Quite true. I'm sure there is very little risk of a brick, but I, for one, am going to let the experienced hackers mess up their phones before I do :D

photinus@gmail.
Sep 13, 2007, 11:49 PM
I'm downloading the firmware right now, If it works for a jailbreak, I'll post instructions shortly.

You can get iTunes to download the file for you. Independance wont work, IActivator crashes when trying to jailbreak the ipod.

rorschach
Sep 14, 2007, 12:46 AM
I'm downloading the firmware right now, If it works for a jailbreak, I'll post instructions shortly.

You can get iTunes to download the file for you. Independance wont work, IActivator crashes when trying to jailbreak the ipod.

See what ya come up with...I tried wth independence but no go, as you said.