PDA

View Full Version : iPod Touch Forum

arn
Sep 13, 2007, 06:39 PM
Try to direct all iPod Touch talk here.

We'll reevaluate the iphone/ipod forum breakdown soon. But for now, iPod Touch talk here.

arn

nirvana06
Sep 13, 2007, 06:44 PM
thank you :)

Mtirv
Sep 13, 2007, 06:46 PM
I was wondering where all the iPod touch threads went :p

Zwhaler
Sep 13, 2007, 07:04 PM
Thanks, I'm sure this forum will be buzzin' in the coming days :)

GusR9
Sep 13, 2007, 11:32 PM
I received an email from apple, it looks that the launch of the iPod touch was planned for today, look at the bottom it says: "Pick up an iPod touch today. Find an Apple Retail Store near you.

Eidorian
Sep 13, 2007, 11:33 PM
Must wait for refurbished model...

pushateg7
Sep 14, 2007, 10:39 AM
I think there should be a iPod touch FAQ sticky for everyone :)

TurboSC
Sep 20, 2007, 08:22 PM
I think a restructuring of the forums will help the traffic flow more fluently. Definitely a good idea sectioning off the iPod Touch though.

Neuro
Sep 21, 2007, 09:43 AM
Just picked up my two pre-orders from MicroAnvika in Croydon (UK) :D

bushman1
Sep 30, 2007, 05:09 PM
has anyone noticed the special charcters that cane with the update it is just like ihe iphones.

aswitcher
Oct 1, 2007, 06:38 AM
I think a restructuring of the forums will help the traffic flow more fluently. Definitely a good idea sectioning off the iPod Touch though.

Agreed. I would like to see cross over posting when discussing something like video etc that is identical on both devices...not sure how this is best handled but would be nice.

CTU Kyoto
Oct 14, 2007, 04:30 AM
Wow, the board is overrun with Jailbreak/hack related threads. Maybe it would be better to separate Jailbreak/normal stuff?

Eidorian
Oct 14, 2007, 11:00 AM
Wow, the board is overrun with Jailbreak/hack related threads. Maybe it would be better to separate Jailbreak/normal stuff?I have to agree.

I like the iPod Touch and all but I had to filter the forum out since it was overwhelming Forum Spy with jailbreak questions.

aethelbert
Oct 14, 2007, 11:26 AM
Wow, the board is overrun with Jailbreak/hack related threads. Maybe it would be better to separate Jailbreak/normal stuff?
I also agree with this. It wouldn't be so much of a problem, though, if people would simply search.

Eidorian
Oct 14, 2007, 11:29 AM
I also agree with this. It wouldn't be so much of a problem, though, if people would simply search.I don't have high hopes of users trying to use the search.

Genghis Khan
Oct 14, 2007, 05:55 PM
lol...same here...really...the jailbreaking threads are spreading like a disease...there's heaps of them and they all look roughly the same...

seperate the iPod touch from the iPod touch hacking forum

jacktiernan
Oct 15, 2007, 12:57 AM
I don't have high hopes of users trying to use the search.

You can SEARCH!?!?!? OMG!!!1

...heh heh... just kidding.

Yes, Pllleeeeeaaaasssseeeee seperate the hacking threads.... so damn messy in here.

burnchick
Jan 5, 2008, 06:34 PM
I don't have high hopes of users trying to use the search.

users don't search, unless it's a spotlight :D

question: did anybody realize that we have to use both hands with iPod touch, instead of one with scroll wheel, without even taking iPod from the pocket. I think it's a bit of disadvantage.:o

chewbacca390
Feb 28, 2008, 08:01 AM
i love my ipod touch. best thing that ever happened. its so useful!!!

onionperson654
Mar 6, 2008, 04:24 PM
I really appreciate that the ipod touch is in the "iphone and ipod touch forums" these days rather than the ipods. It demonstrates that it more of a mobile computing platform that is focused towards music (rather than phone) than simply an ipod like we have seen for the past 6 or 7 years.

TonyTwoTimes
Jul 11, 2008, 08:25 PM
its still not working where i am. any news from anyone that got it working yet?

olie8
Jul 12, 2008, 01:51 AM
2.0 actually works now! 222.6mb download for ipod touch!!!!:apple:

Prof.
Jul 12, 2008, 02:17 AM
Whoa - they're already releasing updates for some of the apps. That didn't take long.

Flowboii
Jul 12, 2008, 02:56 AM
I guess dizz s a dumb q... Bt can u upgrade to 2.0 if ur itouch is jailbroken ??or do u hav to restore It first ???

nyzballa12
Jul 12, 2008, 10:24 AM
yeah, i was amazed by 2.0 :D good work apple!

basaltfd
Jul 23, 2008, 03:38 PM
i just upgraded to the 2.0 having a blast with the apps

i'm ron new to this group
ron_cathers@hotmail.com

basaltfd
Jul 31, 2008, 11:35 AM
got the remote feature back up
what a pain in the arse

Anti-FleaSwatr
Aug 11, 2008, 10:43 AM
GAAH i really want to buy an iPod Touch! but im not sure if to wait a month for the update or if its not going to happen untill feb like last time.

yorkshire
Aug 27, 2008, 09:11 AM
Hi, just a quick question. I have an old 3rd gen iPod, and i'm about to get the touch. Does anyone know if the mains adaptor that comes with the 3rd gen will work with the touch? Also, will the dock from the 3rd gen ipod work with the touch.

Those old iPods used to come with so much stuff in the box, I wish the newer models came with more. I suppose Apple just want to save money.

Thanks in advance.

Francois22
Sep 5, 2008, 07:47 PM
well,...first: wait,...new iPods are coming next week
second: when you need it for work, get a ppc or a bb,... the touch is not made for business,... just for checking mails, watching some youtube and listen to music,...

and if u donīt have tons of music you wanna carry with you, just get the 8gb version,...

anything else?

oldlostguy
Sep 20, 2008, 05:01 PM
Hi. I have recently found an 8GB ipod touch in a wal-mart parking lot. It is passcoded and I would like to know how I can use it if I don't know the passcode.

Thanks

Bonsai1214
Sep 21, 2008, 04:01 PM
^^ i guess you could just restore it.

another question: can anyone give me the actual memory specs or each of the touches? like how much room is actually on the 32, 16, and 8gb? thanks

FEBREZE
Sep 22, 2008, 10:50 AM
what version of itunes is best to use for ipod touch. when i conncet myipod touch to pc it only recognises photographs. It does not display music folders and I cannot organise my playlists. Have a ipod mini and never experienced any of these problems, regret buying ipod touch.

iMac-Mommy
Jan 11, 2009, 01:16 PM
WOW, In the "predictive sentence tech" (1 min 6 sec), a sentence that was preset said "The abortion went well" :( Just, WOW!

WildCowboy
Jan 11, 2009, 01:56 PM
WOW, In the "predictive sentence tech" (1 min 6 sec), a sentence that was preset said "The abortion went well" :( Just, WOW!

Not sure why you posted in this thread, but you're referring to the satirical "MacBook Wheel" (http://www.macrumors.com/2009/01/06/macbook-wheel-introduced/) bit by The Onion. They're trying to be absurd.

aphxtwinin
Feb 16, 2009, 01:40 AM
posting this here since I didn't think it deserved its own thread. I have had my 1st gen 16G touch since launch pretty much and I am beginning to experience some problems with it. the screen is not nearly as responsive and while i play music its starting to randomly skip along the song when i try to seek the track forward or back. I do have applecare and i made a genius apt for tuesday. Just wondering what situation I am looking at before I head in there. Should I push for a replacement...could i get a 2nd gen ipod if I moan and whine enough...or they just gonna replace with a refurb 1st gen? also does having my ipod engraved make any difference? thanks in advance

dvdhsu
Nov 18, 2009, 11:05 PM
Any issues, post a new thread.
We don't monitor this thread anymore.

Also, for common topics, such as cases and such, search with Mroogle (http://mroogle.edesignuk.com/).

thesmall
Jan 20, 2010, 01:32 PM
apple has dun a great job.. it shud b appreciated from eery corner.. it is revolutionizing technology.. and i phone touch is a prime example of it... :)

Slippery Jim
Jan 20, 2010, 10:29 PM
I've migrated to Windows 7 and iTunes refuses to acknowledge my iPod Touch.

What the bleep is wrong ?

costanza16
Jan 29, 2010, 09:50 AM
Hey, I found this sweet interactive guide on amazon's website. It's got a lot of helpful tips and stuff if anyone wants to use it. The link is labeled [Watch Interactive Guide] under the image. Happy hunting http://www.amazon.com/dp/B002M3SOBU

waspy
Mar 29, 2010, 10:47 AM
Im not sure if im in the right place and hope someone can help, recently(5 weeks ago) i updated my ipod touch and after the updated the wifi is greyed out like it wasnt there, ive tried resetting back to factory settings but no luck ive spoken to the local apple store but they just wanted to sell me a new one, its warranty had run out and im being quoted Ģ150 for a new board. Is there anything i can do to reverse the update which seems to have wiped out the wifi which was working fine before the update??

Thank you for your help,
Andy

Try to direct all iPod Touch talk here.

We'll reevaluate the iphone/ipod forum breakdown soon. But for now, iPod Touch talk here.

arn

watsonjm
Apr 23, 2010, 10:30 AM
Sorry for my ignorance, but where is this Marketplace, I cant see it in the forums listings?

superslashers
Jun 22, 2010, 11:57 AM
Hey have you peoples heard about that new iPod touch 4G? WITH A CAMERA! :D thats so cool! I might just go and buy it! And I will do a comperison video! now that would be SOOOOOO cool! lol anyone who has any info please post a reply!

liamkp
Jun 25, 2010, 11:04 AM
Hey have you peoples heard about that new iPod touch 4G? WITH A CAMERA! :D thats so cool! I might just go and buy it! And I will do a comperison video! now that would be SOOOOOO cool! lol anyone who has any info please post a reply!

Its not confirmed yet.

Peterson8765
Jul 17, 2010, 06:22 PM
Just like the iPhone 4, the iPod touch 4G is probably going to be the biggest leap forward since the iPod touch 1G