PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone had problems with their iPod Touch?

Zwhaler
Sep 13, 2007, 08:16 PM
I just got mine 2 hours ago, and so far I have run into a few problems, the main one being: On Safari, for some reason I can't click on anything. If I try to select a link, or anything, it wont register it. It acts like I didnt tap on anything at all. It's strange because this was working less than 10 minutes ago. The pinch function and the rest of safari works, but not that. I will get a replacement as soon as I can... but it's ok. The rest of it works so I am fine for now :)

Edit: I got it working, there was an issue with Wi-Fi. But there are 3 small stuck pixels right next to each other, that kinda bothers me. What about you guys? Do you have any pixel anomilies on your ipod touch?

Luigi239
Sep 13, 2007, 08:40 PM
Sounds like a software bug, if you ask me...that doesn't warrant a replacement. Try power cycling it, and if that doesn't work a restore.

bigmac7
Sep 13, 2007, 08:48 PM
strange that has actually happened on my safari on my macbook, but was fixed when i restarted safari. CAN'T WAIT FOR MY TOUCH TO ARRIVE!!

Zwhaler
Sep 13, 2007, 08:53 PM
Sounds like a software bug, if you ask me...that doesn't warrant a replacement. Try power cycling it, and if that doesn't work a restore.

I've tried restoring and restarting it, but nothin gives.

know-it-all5
Sep 13, 2007, 08:56 PM
same thing has happened to me on my ibook, with safari... i think it is just an occasional safari glitch... restarting safari works most times.

moonzilla
Sep 14, 2007, 12:08 AM
i havent had that issue with my touch, though i did get a password failure the first few times i tried to connect to my wireless router. it worked on the 4th try

McCord9
Sep 14, 2007, 04:50 AM
No problems here, but logging into AOL Mail in Safari is a little glitchy. Haven't tried Gmail yet.

slkartmac
Sep 14, 2007, 10:38 AM
Ive got 2 stuck pixels on my ipod touch and my video playback looks like crap ( dark areas ) im going to see if I can get a new one today.

aidanpendragon
Sep 14, 2007, 11:52 AM
My problem is that I don't have one yet. :rolleyes:

Hecklerdanny
Sep 14, 2007, 12:36 PM
My problem is that I don't have one yet. :rolleyes:

I agree. My only problem is that I don't have it yet.

parrotheadmjb
Sep 14, 2007, 03:22 PM
does gmail work well with safari?

gloss
Sep 14, 2007, 03:24 PM
does gmail work well with safari?

I get the impression you need to use Plain Text mode for best compatibility.

astrostu
Sep 14, 2007, 05:40 PM
I had that problem too (Safari links not working). I turned the Touch completely off (held the hold button for a few seconds and selected to shut down) and then back on. That fixed it.

lilsprite
Sep 23, 2008, 11:24 PM
My 2g ipod touch was shipped by Apple from China and the built-in speakers don't seem to work - has anyone else had this problem? I am supposed to hear music without the headphones, correct? It's written all over the apple website but mine just won't work. The headphones work fine, and the volume is on, settings are on so that both speaker and headphones will work. Is it me or did I get a defective ipod touch? I ordered right on Sept 9th when it was released. Thanks!

gusto5
Sep 23, 2008, 11:56 PM
My power button seems a lot looser in comparison to the volume buttons. It seems too loose. Is this the case for anyone else?

lilsprite
Sep 24, 2008, 12:55 AM
My 2g ipod touch was shipped by Apple from China and the built-in speakers don't seem to work - has anyone else had this problem? I am supposed to hear music without the headphones, correct? It's written all over the apple website but mine just won't work. The headphones work fine, and the volume is on, settings are on so that both speaker and headphones will work. Is it me or did I get a defective ipod touch? I ordered right on Sept 9th when it was released. Thanks!

Just realized - no sound on the videos even though I converted them in itunes to ipod format. Original format is .mpg and they won't play even with the headphones. I am hating this stupid product!

HLdan
Sep 24, 2008, 01:25 AM
My power button seems a lot looser in comparison to the volume buttons. It seems too loose. Is this the case for anyone else?

Mine's like that too. I think it's suppose to be like that
to prevent accidental pressing of the volume buttons while
holding it or while it's inside of the case.