PDA

View Full Version : iPod Touch has WiFi iTMS enabled?

EricBrian
Sep 13, 2007, 08:24 PM
So, do the iPod Touchs have the WiFi iTMS already enabled?

Zwhaler
Sep 13, 2007, 08:37 PM
Yes it does. Its way cooler than I thought!

Tramjaw
Sep 13, 2007, 08:38 PM
i'm very interested to know this also.

and i have yet to find the answer.
how come no one has posted about it?

edit: pwned. lol.

double edit: i want it on my iPhone NOW!!! :)

benlee
Sep 13, 2007, 08:40 PM
i'm very interested to know this also.

and i have yet to find the answer.
how come no one has posted about it?

edit: pwned. lol.

Because there are so many other cool things to play with
But the itunes is awesome. I just dont have any more money to buy anything

EricBrian
Sep 13, 2007, 08:43 PM
I wonder if the iPhone will get it?

benlee
Sep 13, 2007, 08:44 PM
I wonder if the iPhone will get it?

Probably tommorow. They like updating on friday i feel.

Tramjaw
Sep 13, 2007, 08:47 PM
hopefully they'll update it overnight. or at least early morning.

stagi
Sep 14, 2007, 12:32 AM
hopefully they will have a iphone software update tomorrow then :)

sanford
Sep 14, 2007, 03:12 AM
Probably tommorow. They like updating on friday i feel.

Oh I have a feeling we may have to wait because they're cramming some other stuff in there, like video-out (the new Apple dock-connector based composite and component video out cables not due for a couple more weeks were originally listed as supporting iPhone until of course they figured out by listing them as compatible they were giving away a future feature update. At any rate Jobs was using an iPhone with video out for a presentation, so unless he got the super-special Steve-only firmware update, we'll all get it sooner or later.)

At the iPod announcement Jobs said "later this month", which I guess it is after all already later this month. I'd just as soon they do a simple WiFi Store update now so we get that and then get video out, etc., later, which they may well do because every minute iPhones don't have the WiFi Store is a minute an iPhone owner doesn't buy a song via that method. But look for more iPhone feature revisions fairly soon, either way. They'll leapfrog the iPod touch with something or two and add video-out to the iPhone for feature parity to keep it in its top-of-the-line position. Right now, since the video-out cables aren't yet available for iPod touch, it doesn't matter iPhone doesn't match the touch's video-out feature since you can't actually use it on touch yet. I'm thinking maybe video clip recording for the camera, although they may wait on that one.

On the other hand, you may be right about Friday, because they're supposed to release the $100 store credit plan for early iPhone buyers this week and Friday, well that's today, is the last chance; they may want to drop the firmware update and the gift card plan on the same day as a kind of extra, gee whiz look what you iPhone owners get marketing thing.

But for now, hey, iPhone owners get to be jealous of iPod owners. It's always nice to spread the envy around evenly. ;) iPod touches are really cool even without the phone features. I'd even consider using my store credit toward an iPod touch but it would just make no sense at all.

At any rate, the Starbucks thing isn't supposed to go live until 2nd Oct only in Seattle and New York, and then spreading out to all the major US metro areas over the rest of 2007 and all of 2008, so I can't see them pegging the iPhone update to the Starbucks date since it won't matter to a lot of people for quite a while. It's a long-term strategy.

Telp
Sep 14, 2007, 07:51 PM
I would really like the iTMS to have podcast downloads. Im guessing it doesnt do this, does it? That would be really cool if it did.