PDA

View Full Version : The totally not official thread about cases.

TheBMill
Sep 13, 2007, 08:40 PM
Hi guys,

I figured I'd start a thread on cases for the Ipod Touch.

From GRIFFIN:
http://www.griffintechnology.com/devices/ipod/touch/

From BELKIN:
http://catalog.belkin.com/IWCatProductPage.process?Product_Id=388479

From EZGEAR:
http://www.ezgear.com/iPod/Touch.htm

From BEYZA CASES
http://www.beyzacases.com/cat_apple_ipod_touch_cases.cfm

Which ones interest you guys?

benlee
Sep 13, 2007, 08:43 PM
where is the apple one?

TheBMill
Sep 18, 2007, 06:57 AM
Anyone have a case yet? Where did you buy it? If not, what are you using right now as a place holder?

gloss
Sep 18, 2007, 07:06 AM
Most of the cases don't seem to be shipping until October.

That Belkin folio looks nice...

rdowns
Sep 18, 2007, 07:16 AM
Under whose authority are you creating an "Official" thread?

gloss
Sep 18, 2007, 07:18 AM
Under whose authority are you creating an "Official" thread?

Wasn't aware that permission was required. Surely the fact that no one else has made one should be enough?

PROJECT359
Must be just me but none of those cases appeal. If I had to choose though, it would be the Griffin Elan Form.

aswitcher
I need to see reviews. My preference is for a belt one that is horizontal like many phone ones are.

iBlue
Sep 18, 2007, 07:19 AM
official threads started by unofficial people would carry more weight with the proper capitalization of iPod. :p

rdowns
Sep 18, 2007, 07:27 AM
official threads started by unofficial people would carry more weight with the proper capitalization of iPod. :p

not to mention the proper lower case t for touch.

iBlue
Sep 18, 2007, 07:30 AM

indeed. Gotta learn about good touch and bad Touch.

:p :D

i0Nic
Sep 18, 2007, 07:35 AM
Invisibleshield ftw

JonfromVegas
Sep 18, 2007, 08:55 AM
I'm using an iPod sock for the time being. It's funny though because the iPod touch is a little too long for the sock and sticks out the end. I want a really slim case so I can hold it in my pocket!

iMJustAGuy
Sep 18, 2007, 09:21 AM
Anyone have a case yet? Where did you buy it? If not, what are you using right now as a place holder?

well, you know the socks that they have (6 pack i think, maybe 5) at the apple store and at walmart that are 29.99, well about 12 inches away (literally) there was the same thing but they were off brand FOR 4.99!! The EXACT colors and everything was the same. they stretch and are universal, thats what i have...im really likin that belkin though..

plasticmoz
Sep 18, 2007, 09:25 AM
Just using the black slip case that came with my 5.5g iPod that I never used. Works fine for now.

Borracho400
Sep 18, 2007, 09:32 AM
I am waiting to get one as soon as they come out, probably one from griffin, but right now I am using one of my socks. I don't want to spend money on the Apple socks so I just use one of my own. It works pretty well, it doesn't scratch up anything and no fingerprints on the back or the screen.

benlee
Sep 18, 2007, 12:07 PM
Most of the cases don't seem to be shipping until October.

That Belkin folio looks nice...

I agree I like the Belkin. Wonder what the skin protector is like though. Doesnt seem like you would need on if you are using a folio....

colto
Sep 18, 2007, 12:18 PM
I'm really ,hoping that iSkin comes out with a revo (http://www.iskin.com/revo/) for the iTouch.

savar
Sep 18, 2007, 03:18 PM
Having a built in stand is really nice...I think I would use my ipod most at work for watching/listening to podcasts

outlandos
Sep 19, 2007, 11:57 AM
iSkin revo would be absolutely awesome, they are the best!

Btw, I cant get on www.iskin.com for about 3 days now, am I the only one or is the site down?

grpaul349
Sep 19, 2007, 02:46 PM
I am actually waiting for a decent case to come out before buying the touch. I really like XtremeMacs Tuffwrap - here is the one for the iphone : http://www.xtrememac.com/cases/iphone/tuffwrap/index.php

I am sure they'll have one out for the touch soon enough. It seems to be a great case.

bousozoku
Sep 19, 2007, 07:53 PM

or spelling Griffin properly. :p

I repaired the title though I wanted to change it to ofishal.

wizzracer
Sep 19, 2007, 07:57 PM
Just using the black slip case that came with my 5.5g iPod that I never used. Works fine for now.

I use the samething right now to. It fits it perfect.

I use the Apple case for my iPod anyway.

Sean Dempsey
Sep 19, 2007, 08:01 PM
The Agent18 clear plastic case for my 5g Video has been awesome. It looks like Griffin is making one for the touch as well.

That is what I want.

TheBMill
Sep 19, 2007, 11:07 PM
Hey guys,

I changed the thread title to suit some of your tastes.

I find it really odd how petty/lame some of you responded to this post. I merely wanted to start a thread on, what I thought, was a valid topic. If you guys actually think I give a crap whether or not "I have weight" in a online message board...about apple products. Well, then...

I don't know what to say about that.

Can we just keep this on topic and talk about cases?

Can't a brother talk about some cases?

metalarmed
Sep 19, 2007, 11:11 PM
Hey guys,

I find it really odd how petty/lame some of you responded to this post. I merely wanted to start a thread on, what I thought, was a valid topic. If you guys actually think I give a crap whether or not "I have weight" in a online message board...about apple products. Well, then...

Wrong thread? :p

jmack549
Sep 19, 2007, 11:16 PM
Wrong thread? :p

:confused: Seemed perfectly on topic to me.

iBlue
Sep 20, 2007, 12:31 AM
Hey guys,

ah we were just kidding around. :)

commence case discussion...

Rapmastac1
Sep 20, 2007, 12:36 AM
I want the iClear case as soon as it's released. I have always been a fan of the iClear line, I have used it for my iPod video, ipod nano, and pretty soon my touch. They just have a touch of class and strenght, very good build quality, and look nice.