PDA

View Full Version : CyberBegging and MacOSRumors

Kwyjibo
Aug 18, 2003, 02:40 PM
This isn't exactly cyber begging because they are offering to refund the cost thru advertising but isn't this just going a bit too far...besides being wrong all of the time now they expect someoen to give them a g5

applemacdude
Aug 18, 2003, 04:29 PM
A new low for macosrumors...I hope macrumors doesnt do this anytime

Sun Baked
Aug 18, 2003, 04:40 PM
Wonder if they're going to do an overclock experiment with this begged piece of hardware.

http://forums.macrumors.com/attachment.php?s=&postid=380969

Kwyjibo
Aug 18, 2003, 04:42 PM
I don't macrumors is a league like this.

solvs
Aug 18, 2003, 04:49 PM
Would be funny, if not so sad.

After begging for a Radeon 8500 with ADC (there is no such creature, they have DVI, VGA, and TV; but no ADC), getting one (albeit without ADC obviously) from some sucker that wanted “free” advertising, and ruining it by over clocking it, then having the nerve to beg for another one… I can’t believe they are trying to pull this again! I would be shocked if they can even come up with a test system.

They were my first rumors site, but I’ll bet most of us could just make educated guesses and be more accurate than they have ever been. I was hoping they would get better under “new management”, but unfortunately it’s just more of the same. Send your G5s to better sites, like Accelerate Your Mac (http://www.xlr8yourmac.com/) or Think Secret (http://www.thinksecret.com) ( or this site ;) ) so they can tell you more than “it seems really, really fast”.

What a joke.

scem0
Aug 18, 2003, 09:06 PM
I came here to comment on this...

That is just horrible.

If they get it I will be very pissed off. I've worked by ass off all summer saving up money for a G5... I have to wake up tomorrow at 6:00, work for an hour an a half, clean myself up, and then go to the first day of school.

Ive been waking up early every morning for the past 2 weeks.

And they are gunna get one for free!?!?!

That pisses me off.

scem0

tazo
Aug 19, 2003, 12:52 AM
Originally posted by scem0
I came here to comment on this...

That is just horrible.

If they get it I will be very pissed off. I've worked by ass off all summer saving up money for a G5... I have to wake up tomorrow at 6:00, work for an hour an a half, clean myself up, and then go to the first day of school.

Ive been waking up early every morning for the past 2 weeks.

And they are gunna get one for free!?!?!

That pisses me off.

scem0

just start a fake rumors website.

scem0
Aug 19, 2003, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by tazo
just start a fake rumors website.

trust me - ive thought about it...

i really mean that too. I thought about really honing my web skills and making a site that gets popular and starting my own cyber-begging. hehe.

scem0

tazo
Aug 20, 2003, 01:40 AM
lol my site is popular and i aint cyberbegging for a g5 :)

mac15
Aug 20, 2003, 02:34 AM
Seriously I like MOSR but if they get a G5, I'm gonna start my own website dedicated just to begging for one

BrandonRP0123
Aug 20, 2003, 03:10 AM
arn already knows I'll donate resources, time, bandwidth and data center space if money is every a problem for macrumors.

Unlike MOSR, though, macrumors relies on user's experiences, and their will to report on said experiences.

tazo
Aug 20, 2003, 03:58 AM
Originally posted by BrandonRP0123
arn already knows I'll donate resources, time, bandwidth and data center space if money is every a problem for macrumors.

Unlike MOSR, though, macrumors relies on user's experiences, and their will to report on said experiences.

Then donate 20 dollars to the website and become a 1337 demi-god ;)

Donate through Paypal (https://www.paypal.com/images/x-click-but20.gif)

Donate through Amazon.com (http://s1.amazon.com/exec/varzea/pay/T14SVH5OOA71CW)

I donated and I have only doubted it once when i needed 20 dollars ;)

-tazo

scem0
Aug 23, 2003, 06:39 AM
tazo - you should make 'boycottmacosrumors.com' :)!

I dont think anyone really likes how MOSR is representing that mac community.

scem0

Sun Baked
Aug 23, 2003, 06:55 AM
Sun Baked Needs your help! If you have ever considered making a donation, now is the time: to help me continue wasting time, expand my post count, and upgrade the aesthetics of my desk, voluntary donations are needed to offset the industry-wide decline in wallet revenues.

If you include a question along with your donation, I will make sure you get a personalized response including all the information I can dig up while sitting on the can!

To make a donation just visit me, or send cash via Western Union; for alternate methods, please see below.

I also accept donations by mail (check, money order, cash, hardware, software or any combination thereof); email me for details at 2SendMeMoney@cox.net

Whether you donate to get answers, or just to help keep me from having to get a higher paying job, Thank You!

---

I don't think he liked the responses. ;)

themadchemist
Aug 23, 2003, 01:12 PM
Advertisers=sponsor of MacOSRumors=unreliable

therefore, Advertisers=sponsor of unreliability,
therefore Advertisers=unreliable

How is advertising on their site a POSITIVE experience?

tazo
Aug 23, 2003, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by scem0
tazo - you should make 'boycottmacosrumors.com' :)!

I dont think anyone really likes how MOSR is representing that mac community.

scem0

LOL i told someone in a webmaster chat about how i collect donations [to pay for hosting], and he is like "i am going to start boycottboycottbuymusic.com' ;)

and i would but i dont have anything against OSrumors ;)

hayesk
Aug 26, 2003, 01:15 PM
They?!? Isn't MacOS Rumors just some dude named Ryan that still lives at home with his parents?

If he gets it, good for him. But I hope he tells us who is stupid enough to give it to him.

;)