PDA

View Full Version : uhhhhh........ photoshop job to find hussein?

zimv20
Aug 18, 2003, 02:48 PM
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/nm/20030818/od_nm/iraq_posters_dc_1

In a campaign set to start on Monday, U.S. forces plan to put up posters around Saddam's hometown of Tikrit showing his face superimposed on Hollywood heroines and other stars in an attempt to enrage his followers and draw them out.

"Most of the locals will love 'em and they'll be laughing. But the bad guys are going to be upset, which will just make it easier for us to know who they are."

mactastic
Aug 18, 2003, 04:08 PM
More psy ops. During the march to Baghdad our guys had loudspeakers on the vehicles broadcasting insults to Iraqi soldiers manhood. Apparently they said things that the Iraqi's coudn't take, they would charge the columns enraged and be easily picked off.

Doctor Q
Aug 18, 2003, 04:48 PM
Is it true that the U.S. wore down the resistance of prisoners by playing Barney the Dinosaur songs? (I wouldn't mind. I always end up humming along to any catchy tune I hear.)

Making fun of political authorities in the U.S. is a common pastime, from MAD Magazine to Saturday Night Live to The Onion and a million other web sites. This can annoy supporters, but usually doesn't "enrage" them because we're all so used to constant parodies.

amnesiac1984
Aug 20, 2003, 08:54 AM
How are they gonna justify the captures? SOmeone gets enraged because they actually liked the guy (not uncommon in iraq) so the US military take em to guantanamo bay? I mean WTF? How are they going to know who is actually part of saddams crew and who is just one of the many iraqi's who actually didn't think saddam was that bad!

mactastic
Aug 20, 2003, 09:06 AM
I don't think they will arrest anyone for simply getting mad about the pictures. Rather I think the hope is that it will piss off supporters of Saddam and force them to act before they are ready, or to do something stupid that makes them vulnerable. Also to perhaps do surveilance on people who tear them down, or exhibit undue love for Saddam. Remember, the Iraqi people don't have any of the rights we have here.

zimv20
Aug 20, 2003, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by mactastic
Remember, the Iraqi people don't have any of the rights we have here.

iow, i'm free to go around putting up pictures of bush's head photoshopped to zsa zsa gabor's body.

can i shoot anyone who gets mad at me?

mactastic
Aug 20, 2003, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by zimv20
iow, i'm free to go around putting up pictures of bush's head photoshopped to zsa zsa gabor's body.

can i shoot anyone who gets mad at me?

You can shoot people for it only if you are an occupying power in a country without constitutional protection for its citizenry.

You can put fliers of Saddam pretty much anywhere, even here.