PDA

View Full Version : iApps

thedarkhorse
Sep 14, 2007, 01:54 AM
Seeing as apple is setting up a new platform with the iphone and the ipod touch, do you think that they might start selling apps for the platform?

I could see applications being sold through itunes similar to games for the ipod.

deasine
Sep 14, 2007, 01:56 AM
I hope so too. Maybe an "iWork" in the future? I was really hoping for it to be on the iPhone. I would love to "touch" my presentations xD

Markleshark
Sep 14, 2007, 01:57 AM
I can see it, yes.

I just hope they don't include a few in a package (So you can just buy the one(s) you want/need) and they don't charge much, because it's expensive enough for the touch without having to pay more to get it to do stuff it could easily do out of the box.

SpaceJello
Sep 14, 2007, 02:10 AM
I would imagine it would be like buying games for the ipod? On a per game basis?

Markleshark
Sep 14, 2007, 08:16 AM
Hopefully. iChat for under $5, dont mind if I do. ;)

clevin
Sep 14, 2007, 08:25 AM
hopefully they open to 3rd party too

I have no problem if they want to sell apps. But I do want more options. monopoly harms users.

Markleshark
Sep 14, 2007, 08:33 AM
Hardly a Monopoly if Apple sell apps for their own device.

cynerjist
Sep 14, 2007, 08:34 AM
hopefully they open to 3rd party too

most def. and it would help them sell more, too.

clevin
Sep 14, 2007, 08:46 AM
Hardly a Monopoly if Apple sell apps for their own device.

A monopoly (from the Greek language monos, one + polein, to sell) is defined as a persistent market situation where there is only one provider of a product or service, in other words a firm that has no competitors in its industry.

while, for iPod Touch users, once you get it, its all monopoly. develop it like mac computers, offer a platform, and enrich users with 3rd party apps.

I think when I look around, palm, WM are all opened.