Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

telf22

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 2, 2007
hey guys, i had a touch preordered but bought one in the 5th ave store yesterday, so is there anyway to cancel my order?? thx:)

telf22

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 2, 2007
You must have a web order number. Login to the site and see if there is a cancel button, if not call them.
there is, but it says that its prepared for shipment so i cant cancel it and that i will just have to send it back. do think if i call them they could cancel it that way or would they say the same thing? thx :)

gloss

macrumors 601
May 9, 2006
around/about
there is, but it says that its prepared for shipment so i cant cancel it and that i will just have to send it back. do think if i call them they could cancel it that way or would they say the same thing? thx :)

If it's prepared for shipment, you're SOL.

If you send it back I believe there's a 10% restocking fee.

devilot

Moderator emeritus
May 1, 2005
If you send it back I believe there's a 10% restocking fee.
Restocking fees usually only apply to opened purchases.

OP, if you live close to an Apple store, you might save on shipping costs/ hassles if you just return in-store.

Just read through some of their T&C and don't see any mention of buying online and returning instore. Hmm.... might wanna give Apple a call.

jonnylink

macrumors 6502
Jul 15, 2007
Restocking fees usually only apply to opened purchases.

OP, if you live close to an Apple store, you might save on shipping costs/ hassles if you just return in-store.

Just read through some of their T&C and don't see any mention of buying online and returning instore. Hmm.... might wanna give Apple a call.

There probably isn't any way for them to even tell the difference. If the OP still has the receipt for the one from the store. Right?

telf22

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 2, 2007
thx guys, once i recieve it im going to take it to the 5th ave store (only couple of blox away) and see if i can return it there. i have the reciept and all so it shouldnt be a problem, if they dont let me return it there i'l just send it back to apple.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.