Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

KnucklesMahone

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 12, 2007
Well my coverflow is sorting by songs, instead of albums. For example, in my library i have a jimi hendrix song, then a Beatles song, and then a jimi hendrix song. So, in cover flow, it shows the album art for Hendrix, then the Beatles, and then Hendrix again. Is there a fix for this, so it shows the whole album?

Cinematographer

macrumors 6502a
Sep 12, 2005
far away
Click on the album column heading to sort your library by album title.

If the problem persists, you probably have multiple albums with the same title. That's why I changed the album names from "Greatest Hits" to "Greatest Hits (Red Hot Chili Peppers)" or "Greatest Hits (Lenny Kravitz)". But there might be an easier solution.

Cinematographer

macrumors 6502a
Sep 12, 2005
far away
Or just click on "Album" (click again for "Album by year" etc., click on the triangle on the right side for reverse order):

Attachments

• Bild 25.png
    Bild 25.png
    20 KB · Views: 184

Virgil-TB2

macrumors 65816
Aug 3, 2007
definite problem with coverflow

Or just click on "Album" (click again for "Album by year" etc., click on the triangle on the right side for reverse order):
I just got my nano a couple of hours ago and I am being bit by this "bug" also. The new nano is just not sorting the coverflow properly even with the update installed.

The fact that coverflow works quite differently on an actual iPod as compared to how it works in iTunes is bad enough. The fact that this was the case with the previous generation iPods and has not been fixed (even though the entire interface was "updated") is worse. Having to go back to iTunes and sort the list and then re-sync to the iPod every time it's out of order is crazy. There should of course be a sort setting on coverflow itself on the iPod.

On top of all of this however, there definitely *is* a bug as I have gone to iTunes, made sure all my cover-art is there (in each song of the album), changed the artists on the album to "various" (so there is effectively only one artist), sorted the entire album and sorted the entire library by *album*...

and still on the nano I get coverflow with an entry for each song on the album.

It's just not working at all and I am shocked that Apple released this thing this way.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.