PDA

View Full Version : 15" iMac G4, SuperDrive, 512MB RAM

Keith Purfield
Aug 18, 2003, 08:36 PM
(I'm probably going to put this on eBay if the updated PowerBooks are announced tomorrow)

(And this post may look like an auction because I'm too lazy to retype it all if I do make it an auction, so just disregard that.)

NO INTERNATIONAL BIDDERS. SORRY.

I'm going to buy a PowerBook for school, so I'm selling this iMac for money to afford that PowerBook.

Anyway....onto the specs!

15" Active Matrix LCD Display
800 megahertz PowerPC G4 Processor
60 gigabyte hard disk drive
512 megabytes of RAM
Apple SuperDrive (DVD-R/CD-R/CD-RW/DVD-ROM)
Mac OS X 10.2.6 Installed*
Mac OS 9.2.2 Installed
Apple Pro Keyboard**
Apple Pro Mouse**
Apple Pro Speakers
All Original CDs
SIX Apple Brand DVD-R discs

*Okay. So here's the story about my Jaguar copy. They're not the original discs, they're copies. When I bought my iMac in December, it was a refurbished model that was in the store's window since they originally came out (not used by anyone, just sat there and looked pretty). Since Jaguar wasn't out at that time, when I bought my iMac, it came as is (after being refurbished and all), which meant that it came with OS X 10.1 installed on it. Since Jaguar was the new OS at the time when I bought the iMac, the guy at the store thought he'd be nice and give me copied CDs of Jaguar (so as not to make me pay extra for Jaguar, nor for the store to lose money). I can include these CDs (and the Jaguar installation on the hard drive) or not, depending on if you want them. It's not exactly legal to sell them, so if you are wary of buying them, then you don't have to.

**Since I'll be using the PowerBook as my main computer, and my computer desk is designed for a desktop computer, it'd be nice if I had another set of a keyboard and mouse to use with it. Moreso the keyboard, because I use my WACOM mouse instead of the Pro Mouse, anyway. If you already have a keyboard and mouse you'd like to use with this computer if you buy it, and you don't wish to purchase the keyboard and mouse I'm "including" with this computer, I will take $100 off the price (so long as the bidders in a $100 range behind you don't want to buy it as well).

I have set the reserve at $1350 because that is what's left on my loan for this computer. If the final bid is close enough to the reserve, I'll still sell it.

If you would like to get an estimate on shipping, go to the UPS Quick Cost Calculator (http://wwwapps.ups.com/QCCWebApp/request?loc=en_US) and insert Philadelphia as the city of origin (zip code is 19115), and then put in your city an zip code. If it asks for package weight, the weight is about 25 pounds.

_________

There you go. Any questions, feel free to ask. If you want to buy it, e-mail me at Keithpurfield@comcast.net , or AIM me at APenguinEatsYou.

Thanks in advance,
Keith

Keith Purfield
Aug 22, 2003, 08:38 PM
I'm sorry to bump this, I hate bumping, but I really need to sell this to get a PowerBook.

Sorry.

D0ct0rteeth
Aug 23, 2003, 06:34 PM
1000?

-doc

Keith Purfield
Aug 23, 2003, 07:48 PM
No, sorry. The lowest I'll take is probably $1200.

D0ct0rteeth
Aug 23, 2003, 08:22 PM
cool. good luck man.

-Doc