Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nismo

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 27, 2007
Sorry if this is a repost if it is please delete it mods but I searched around and couldn't find a thread on this.

From Engadget:
"You can argue that the iPod touch is an iPhone without the phone. So what's an iPod touch without OS X? You're looking at it. That's Dave's swanky new iPod touch, fresh off the boat and out of the box with nothing more than a diagnostic utility. Ha, Cheerios icon for the cereal serial number -- clever Apple. Not quite as clever as shipping a working product though. Now besides a temperature sensor, what's interesting here is that Bluetooth icon showing a disabled radio. Does that mean the hardware is there like we heard but disabled in firmware? Not sure. Still, we'll chalk this little snafu up to first production run jitters unless you tell us differently, dear readers."
http://davidfilms.files.wordpress.com/2007/09/img_1147.jpg
http://davidfilms.files.wordpress.com/2007/09/img_1147.jpg
ipodtouchbt.jpg

TimJim

macrumors 6502a
May 15, 2007
thats awesome, i love that cherios thing. thats a real picture though im pretty sure.

Arisian

macrumors 68000
Sep 14, 2007
China
real

its real, 3 or 4 confirmed sources... I just wonder why the bluetooth mod is there. Do you think they will try to screw us w/ a bluetooth attachment later on? Id really rather them have just put it in the touch.

Cheers,
Arisian

webtoker

macrumors member
Sep 14, 2007
Probably the same boot code for both Touch and iPhone. If you notice both the speaker and bluetooth are grayed out. Both of which the iPod touch are missing.

CAL

ascender

macrumors 601
Dec 8, 2005
Just put mine on to charge and its exactly like that picture. I'm hoping it will revert to normal once charged and synch'd???

ascender

macrumors 601
Dec 8, 2005
Dont send it back, im sure someone in the hacking community will be interested in that.

Good idea in theory, but at the money I'm stuck with a very expensive diagnostic utility!

On the phone to the Eu support and they can't help as they've not been trained on Touch yet. They recommend I call the US support line or call back in a couple of weeks....

solarguy17

macrumors 6502a
Sep 10, 2007
i have hear doms people say their 16 gigs only report 8 gigs of space and the theory I heard was one of the flash drives were bad (2 8gb flash drives), maybe this is the same thing, The flash drive with the OS on it is bad so the dianostic built into the Motherboard takes over.

Just a thought

Cancelled
Sep 10, 2007
i have hear doms people say their 16 gigs only report 8 gigs of space and the theory I heard was one of the flash drives were bad (2 8gb flash drives), maybe this is the same thing, The flash drive with the OS on it is bad so the dianostic built into the Motherboard takes over.

Just a thought

thats def not tru --

ascender

macrumors 601
Dec 8, 2005
Well Apple Europe have never heard of this problem which is strange as some of the online reports of this have had Apple collecting their devices by courier and sending replacements out immediately.

My local store is now sold out, so I can take it back for a refund or wait until they have new ones in.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.