Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iCantwait

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 3, 2007
Melbourne, Australia
i reckon apple screwed up the whole ipod touch thing, I LOVE THE IPODtouch 100% but the ordering is crap, in the US (i am australian btw) the ppl who orded online should of received theres on the same day as the retail stores, it should arrive worldwide around the same time and there should be only very few duds. i have seen reports of a lack of OS and only 8gb on a 16gb. other ppl are getting dud screens. I JUST WANT MY FRIKKING IPOD TO ARRIVE

chas0001

macrumors 6502a
Sep 18, 2006
Alicante, SPAIN
i reckon apple screwed up the whole ipod touch thing, I LOVE THE IPODtouch 100% but the ordering is crap, in the US (i am australian btw) the ppl who orded online should of received theres on the same day as the retail stores, it should arrive worldwide around the same time and there should be only very few duds. i have seen reports of a lack of OS and only 8gb on a 16gb. other ppl are getting dud screens. I JUST WANT MY FRIKKING IPOD TO ARRIVE

I agree with you. I ordered mine on the 5th Sept and it probably wont arrive before the 3rd October (like most people). I suppose the only positive thing is that hopefully by then somebody will have perfected adding applications to it. I would hate to turn it into a paper weight.

On another note I have been waiting weeks for the new Apple Wireless Keyboard. Ordered on the 9th Aug and should be delivered on the 27th Sept (7 weeks). So much for the 3-5 weeks! What pees me off is that people in the US already have them.

awmazz

macrumors 65816
Jul 4, 2007
I have to agree it's all been very sloppy.

Photoshopped iPhone screens with bluetooth and mail icons, features advertised then removed, parts of the manual copy&pasted from an iPhone manual so contains errors, week-old pre-orders directly with Apple still pending while some place called Best Buy has them on their shelves?

iCantwait

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 3, 2007
Melbourne, Australia
why should 'only authorised resellers' get the touch b4 online orders? i can understand an official apple store getting them but places like best buy? WTF

i want my touch dammit

LillieDesigns

macrumors 6502
Oct 18, 2005
Los Angeles
$50 off :eek::eek: simply for the delay in shipping? :eek:

They probably looked at my account and saw that I've spent $5,000+ on Apple products over the past 3 years.

I think I also got lucky too. A bird crapped on me a couple weeks ago and a dragonfly went up my pants a few days later. Maybe those things really do bring luck :p

ilikecake

macrumors newbie
Sep 10, 2007
nothing changes the fact that i dont have it in my hand, not even if it were free

It also doesn't change the fact that when you bought it online it clearly said 'Estimated Shipping: By Sep 28th' and estimated delivery in October.

Hey, I know it sucks that people have managed to just waltz into an Apple store and buy one, maybe even unfair, but its not like Apple have put you in a worse position than you were when you preordered.

BII

macrumors member
Sep 1, 2006
yeah, sucks that that waltzed into a best buy and bought it, when i had ordered it the day after steve-o announced it. that really sucks, and i let the csr that cancelled my order know that.

gadgetgirl85

macrumors 68040
Mar 24, 2006
I'm pretty upset too :( I really want my ipod touch and my apple wireless keyboard isnt due to ship until end of Oct! :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.