Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cmcconkey

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 22, 2005
Rocky Face, GA
My trusty sidekick has developed a problem. I have a "streak" (my best description) that has appeared in the past day. This streak is about a 1/4" in length and is in the bottom center of my LCD. The PowerBook has been in my backpack (the really nice Brenthaven one) for the past couple of days and I used it for a short time yesterday at work and noticed it but thought it was some dirt on the screen. Well I got home and started to clean my screen and it wouldn't come off, I am ill now.

Here are some pics. (sorry for the size)
DSC_0024.jpg

A little closer one
DSC_0025.jpg

What are your suggestions? I have Apple Care but I don't have a store closer than 2+ hrs away.

Thanks in advance.

Christopher McConkey

ale500

macrumors regular
Jul 9, 2007
From the photos I don't see if it is inside the LCD panel or on the surface... if is on the surface... well is a scratch... if is inside... maybe it got hit somehow... can you clarify this ? (rub of your finger-tip over it...):confused:

cmcconkey

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 22, 2005
Rocky Face, GA
From the photos I don't see if it is inside the LCD panel or on the surface... if is on the surface... well is a scratch... if is inside... maybe it got hit somehow... can you clarify this ? (rub of your finger-tip over it...):confused:

The screen is as smooth as the day I got it. I have taken care of this thing as though it was my child. I have went over the top side of the case and there are no impact points.

Any other suggestions?

Christopher

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.